Here's the Official Ranking Order of Scapegoats for Bills Losses

Thurman#1

I'm kind of disappointed that some of you are blaming lower-ranked candidates as the fall guy for this loss.

Everybody knows that the higher-ranked chumps listed here should be slapped with the scapegoat label. There's an order to all this. There's a long tradition to scapegoating that needs to be respected. There's a system ... a way things are done ... and when you're looking for a patsy to blame there's an order in which Bills fans have a long long-established modus operandi for doing so.

So when you're on the way to the barn to grab your pitchforks and torches, first you need to figure out who is the easiest to blame.

With that in mind, here is the official list of who to scapegoat, in a strict order which comes from long tradition and thus should not be broken. The top guys are the ones you should scapegoat. They make excellent patsies and

ALMOST CERTAINLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WHOLE THING  Tier

1) The officials. Always. Forever. Malign them. Revile them. Point the finger. You'll get likes up the wazoo.

2) The mysterious abetters of the officials. New York. Guys in black. The black helicopters that provide the technical support. Sure, you can't see them. But we all know.

3) The Illuminati. 'Cuz, duh!

4) The OC. This should be obvious. When plays work, it's the players. When plays fail, it's the OC. One of our Bills traditions that has aged like fine wine.

IT'S PROBABLY THEIR FAULT  Tier

5) Ernie Adams. Belichick's dirty tricks guy. Of course. No need to look further, really. He's behind everything.

6) God. Hey, the ball doesn't bounce that way for other teams.

7) Luck. (Not Andrew Luck, but instead the laws of chance) It's a well-known fact. Even nature and the laws of probability hate us.

8  Lee Smith. It's a rule. It's usually him, even if he was on the bench. We don't need a reason.

GO AHEAD AND BLAME THEM  Tier

9) The rest of the coaching staff. Because it couldn't be the players that we like.

10) Star Lotulelei. Again, nobody needs a reason once they've looked at his salary. The Bills love him and say he's doing a great job, but go ahead and vilify him mercilessly.

11) The GM and the personnel staff. Again, it couldn't be the players we like, and it has to be somebody, and Beane is from Carolina and just oozes slickness. How can you not hate the guy? He deserves all of the blame that's left after the ten choices above, and his staff as well.

12) Hauschka. Sure he didn't miss any kicks today, but he's in on the conspiracy and he would have.

YES, THEY HAD A LOT TO DO WITH IT TOO  Tier

13) John Brown (It's his own fault he's not 6'3")

14) Trent Murphy. He's not liked in fan circles. Blaming him will only draw agreement. Kick him around.

15) Whoever has held Duke Williams back. It had to be someone. Obviously. Besides the Illuminati and the Knights Templar.

16) Al Qaeda. Of course.

17) Mitch Morse. High salary and not very often mentioned. That makes him hateable and thus available for angry tirades.

SHOULD BE BLAMED ONLY IN LAST GASP DESPERATION  Tier

18) The rest of the players. They're the popular ones, and shouldn't be blamed for anything.

SHOULD NOT BE BLAMED FOR ANY REASON   Tier

19) Josh Allen. Because let's face it, if he's not good enough, we're screwed for a long time. So we must avoid talking about it if he has problems.

As you know, I'm not making anything up here. This is well-established as the official Buffalo Bills Pecking Order for Scapegoats. The further up the list you go, the more love you'll get if you brandish your pitchforks and blame the hell out of them.

Looking for someone to put in the frame? Pin it on these folks in this order and you'll be going along with history and tradition.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I do want to say that I like Josh Allen. It might sound like I don't, but I do. I'm just noting how many out there will not hear anything negative about him.

He's not there yet, but he really does seem to be improving. I'm far from convinced, but I think things look good and my guess at this point is that he'll continue improving. I'm hoping it will be enough.

And while he certainly deserves his share of the blame, for a second-year guy I thought he played pretty damn well. But there are a lot of people on here who will not hear anything bad about him.

I love that he put the whole thing on his shoulders. That's a move a great leader makes. He absolutely does not deserve all the blame, but he does deserve some. And people who blame him will be accused of not understanding who is really responsible..

Edited by Thurman#1

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

I do want to say that I like Josh Allen. He's not there yet, but he really does seem to be improving. I'm far from convinced, but I think things look good and my guess at this point is that he'll continue improving. I'm hoping it will be enough.

And while he certainly deserves his share of the blame, for a second-year guy I thought he played pretty damn well. But there are a lot of people on here who will not hear anything bad about him.

I love that he put the whole thing on his shoulders. That's a move a great leader makes. He absolutely does not deserve all the blame, but he does deserve some. And people who blame him will be mercilessly attacked.

I don't think the vast majority of posters on this board will crucify anyone for reasonable criticisms of Allen. He is a work in progress and there is plenty to criticize in his performances, within reason. There is also plenty to show he has the potential to be something special. There is always enough blame to go around in losses and last night was no exception. They played hard and lost a game they could have, and should have, won. From the front office to the players, they each know their role and what they need to do.

I trust they will do it.

• Like (+1) 1

For THIS game...

#1 Dumball, with his bizarre play calling, especially as time collapsed in the First Half

Further down...

#2 The conservative Mr. Hyde-MCClapper for the above, including yet another ‘4th. & 1/stupid’ Punting decision from the Texans 37 and the inexplicable No Blitz on 3rd. & 18 in OT. 

Further down...

# 3 Josh Allen, for the same witless sacks of the Season, at the worst time.

# 4 WRs who can’t catch critical passes that they have in their hands, nor have the ability to time a Jump Ball.

# 5 The eedgit Punter, who completely lacks any ability to pin the opposition inside the 10... hell, inside the 20!

# 6 Terrible, untimely Penalties.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Blame rankings 

- Duke 

-“blindside block”

-Daboll 

- Milano/Neal tackling issue on sack 

I’ll get flamed for this, but I disagree with all these takes. Regardless of the inexplicable lust affair with a 27 year old journeyman WR, there’ve been plenty of reasons he was cut, then resigned and didn’t play much this season. That you use quotation marks on the blindside block penalty means the blame lies solely with officiating. Get in line for that one. Yes, there were certainly head-scratching strategy calls -by ALL the coaches, but Daboll is too easily the major target of Blame for the untrained eye. He’s an immensely experienced, successful OC and likely a near future HC. No schlep on a message board has any credence in this regard. I don't fault Milano/Neal for not bringing Watson down for our 7th Sack, though I certainly wish they could have. The guy is an amazingly talented player with all the ‘Want To’ of Allen. We’ve all stood agape at some of Josh’s Houdini escapes from excellent Defensive players grasp when the game has been on the line. Unfortunate? YouFarkinBetcha! 

But ‘Blame’? Nowhere near worthy. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ll get flamed for this, but I disagree with all these takes. Regardless of the inexplicable lust affair with a 27 year old journeyman WR, there’ve been plenty of reasons he was cut, then resigned and didn’t play much this season. That you use quotation marks on the blindside block penalty means the blame lies solely with officiating. Get in line for that one. Yes, there were certainly head-scratching strategy calls -by ALL the coaches, but Daboll is too easily the major target of Blame for the untrained eye. He’s an immensely experienced, successful OC and likely a near future HC. No schlep on a message board has any credence in this regard. I don't fault Milano/Neal for not bringing Watson down for our 7th Sack, though I certainly wish they could have. The guy is an amazingly talented player with all the ‘Want To’ of Allen. We’ve all stood agape at some of Josh’s Houdini escapes from excellent Defensive players grasp when the game has been on the line. Unfortunate? YouFarkinBetcha! 

I disagree with Daboll having been a "successful OC." 

47 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

here’s your flame ??????

We lost the game due to the bullet points.  

Maybe Bellichek can come talk to Duke 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a62d75183000889078e

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1