Who would you rather be a fan of today?

7 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

@GunnerBill   I 100% agree that if the new schedule is played now with current players all healthy the betting man would see a low over/under win prediction for the Bills. I look forward to revisiting this topic in August.

I do enjoy and respect your analysis and posts even if I don't always agree with them.

And I will post my game by game predictions thread in August as I always do. Called the record right and 12 of 16 games right this year and I have been doing it 6 years and only once (2015 when I had Rex's Bills going 10-6) have I been more than 1 game out on the final record. There is always an oddity. But for the most part teams are to quote the late Denny Green - who we thought they were. 

Edited by GunnerBill

1 hour ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Well, if your looking for a KGun type offense and gameplan, your probably going to be disappointed. But, I do think the plan that is in place is to go offense this offseason both FA and draft. It will be up to Daboll to put it together.  If he does, McD will let him run with it. If Daboll can't get it to work, McD gets a new OC. 

As an aside, I am more of a defensive guy, so I enjoy the smashmouth football and close scores that get you jacked up for that last play of the game. I prefer winning of course, just don't like blowouts. Too boring when you already know the end of the movie.?

I want a coaching staff that isn’t afraid to put a game away and attacking weaknesses. Is that really to much to ask. 

Houston was in shambles in the secondary and anytime we get close Gore comes in and stalls the drive. 

10 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

What’s funny is I agree I think the Bills ate in for regression as well, and yet will still be better positioned to win the division. 

put another way, say we go 9-7 , but two of the wins are against the Pats, who also face the same schedule the Bills do. 

You really chalking up 0-6 McD to go 2-0 versus Belichick next season?:flirt:

The days where the Pats clinch the division in November may be over but it's still a great defense and the best coach in the NFL.........and they might be better next year than they were at the end of this season without Brady and with a more athletic young QB.

This board will implode if Brady goes away and Belichick re-tools his offense on the fly.:lol:    It's supposed to take 4 years to do that!

IMO, McDermott and the Bills are going to have to TAKE this division away it's not just going to come to them.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I want a coaching staff that isn’t afraid to put a game away and attacking weaknesses. Is that really to much to ask. 

Houston was in shambles in the secondary and anytime we get close Gore comes in and stalls the drive. 

Not at all. I also think the play calling has not been good most of the season. I do believe it to be more Daboll than McD. I think McD, has too much trust in Daboll. If I could make a change, it would be at OC.

Houston's secondary may be in shambles, but we don't really have the pieces to exploit it. 46 pass attempts by Allen. It's not like we didn't try. I think Duke and Yeldon should have been playing for the last several weeks over Foster and Gore. A couple of screens to Yeldon and Duke being a good blocker may have been what we needed yesterday. 

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Not at all. I also think the play calling has not been good most of the season. I do believe it to be more Daboll than McD. I think McD, has too much trust in Daboll. If I could make a change, it would be at OC.

Houston's secondary may be in shambles, but we don't really have the pieces to exploit it. 46 pass attempts by Allen. It's not like we didn't try. I think Duke and Yeldon should have been playing for the last several weeks over Foster and Gore. A couple of screens to Yeldon and Duke being a good blocker may have been what we needed yesterday. 

the reality is they changed who they are in a playoff game. That is on the coaches. You really think Duke should have saw more targets than Beasley and Brown.  

and I don’t care he is the head coach. This is his second OC and the offense is still the same as it has been once get up a couple scores and goes into a shell. Two OCs have now called games like that. Common Denominator is the HC that has hired these OCs. 

no OC is going to build an offensive game plan without the HC. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This season will have turned out to be a great learning experience for the coaches and players, especially our QB. I believe that this experience will create the no mercy/killer instinct  attitude in our team that has been missing this season. The team is indeed in a very good position going forward. 

Go Bills!!!

22 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. If the blockers execute their blocks then we are in FG range and Hausch has a shot to win the game. It was a perfect play call. And dreadful execution.

On the block both Morse and Knox missed their guys. 

Awful...

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Three guys out in front and one defender to block and not a single one gets him. I find that really hard to put on coaching. That is football 101 and piss poor execution. 

If Knox just puts a sholder on Cunningham, the only other player capable of getting to Allen before the 28-30 yard line range is a DB who gets obliterated by Ford.

This game really hinged more on the execution of 3-4 plays than it did on anything else.

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

On 1/5/2020 at 7:34 AM, CNYfan said:

The Bills lost 4 of their last 5 games.

I am concerned that next year will not be as kind in the schedule,  lack of injuries and some luck that got us to ten wins.

Good chance of regression,  and last night did nothing to assuage my concerns. 

The schedule needs to be tougher for this team to take the next step. I don’t want to see the Bills gifted in any way, shape or form. If Allen can develop some consistency in terms of progress and this coaching staff learns that it’s ok to play like you’re behind with a lead, then the strength of schedule isn’t an issue

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Who would you rather be a fan of today?
2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Awful...

Wow, what the f**k is Knox doing?  There was no one else for him to block other than Cunningham and he just ignored him.  Could probably say the same thing about Ford, for that matter.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Wow, what the f**k is Knox doing?  There was no one else for him to block other than Cunningham and he just ignored him.  Could probably say the same thing about Ford, for that matter.

I think Ford left Cunningham for Knox, although, you are right, he could have pushed Cunningham outside and Allen could have gone inside the block. At least Ford did hit somebody (the DB at the 29 yard line). Knox never hit anyone and looked completely lost the entire time...

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think Ford left Cunningham for Knox, although, you are right, he could have pushed Cunningham outside and Allen could have gone inside the block. At least Ford did hit somebody (the DB at the 29 yard line). Knox never hit anyone and looked completely lost the entire time...

Nor did our highly paid center. In fact it looked like he swerved out of the way of contact. 

On 1/5/2020 at 5:49 AM, GunnerBill said:

Yep. If the blockers execute their blocks then we are in FG range and Hausch has a shot to win the game. It was a perfect play call. And dreadful execution.

On the block both Morse and Knox missed their guys. 

Not Morse and Knox. Ford and Knox.