Thank you Bills, You'll Get There......

Thanks for what, exactly?

Beating some Division 3 stiffs in their weakest sked in a generation? (THAT gets remedied next year against the toughest- NFC-W!)

Shatting the bed up 16-0 and adding another horrible Chapter to that 'Billsy way' tag?

Wondering whether your HC, certainly your eedgit OC & your uneven young QB are good enough to lead them anywhere? 

2 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Beating some Division 3 stiffs in their weakest sked in a generation? (THAT gets remedied next year against the toughest- NFC-W!)

Shatting the bed up 16-0 and adding another horrible Chapter to that 'Billsy way' tag?

Wondering whether your HC, certainly your eedgit OC & your uneven young QB are good enough to lead them anywhere? 

thank you for a great season and beating expectations!  they entered the year with a new OL and 8 new offensive starters!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

You know when? Because it feels like it’s been a long time 

the main reason that they played the way they did and lost is lack of experience, coaches and players.  look at the experience and years of continuity on the remaining AFC playoff teams.  that is all the Bills need.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just look at who we play next year and where. Making the playoffs next year will be a miracle. I get that you can’t be sure of which teams will be good, but look at the QBs of the teams we play in 20...Those guys aren’t going anywhere. 8 wins next year would probably be tough. Unless things change drastically with the offensive philosophy here, I think we are going to have tough sledding. You have a very small window in the NFL where you can get it done before paying your QB. The time to do this was probably now. The 6 seed won in New England last night. What’s that tell you about the AFC this year? This was THE year. Yesterday absolutely blows. Anyone that thinks it’s a given that this is the beginning of a consistent playoff appearance run, might want to look at next seasons opponents and pump the brakes a little.

Thanks to everyone on the board for providing their point of view and input (even when I disagree).

Thanks to the Pegula's for investing in this franchise in a way very, very few could and even less would.  Investments like the training center will continue to pay dividends.

Thanks to Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott for creating an environment that will attract players.  The Bills will get the players they want in Unrestricted Free Agency.  I predict they will be very selective.  They are shopping at Saks now--not the bargain aisle.  The team has proven it can build depth through the draft.

The future is brighter than it has been in two decades.  There will be ebbs and flows...but the direction is up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yesterday was a 50/50 game, and they fought to the end.

It would have been nice to get to next week, but it's extremely doubtful that this team would have gotten through the Chiefs and Ravens on the road to make it to the show.

It's something to build on.  It feels like baby steps, but we ARE getting there. Allen will be better next year, and so will the team.  They need to do better in the regular season & get a bye and at least one home game. That's how you win in the playoffs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Just look at who we play next year and where. Making the playoffs next year will be a miracle. I get that you can’t be sure of which teams will be good, but look at the QBs of the teams we play in 20...Those guys aren’t going anywhere. 8 wins next year would probably be tough. Unless things change drastically with the offensive philosophy here, I think we are going to have tough sledding. You have a very small window in the NFL where you can get it done before paying your QB. The time to do this was probably now. The 6 seed won in New England last night. What’s that tell you about the AFC this year? This was THE year. Yesterday absolutely blows. Anyone that thinks it’s a given that this is the beginning of a consistent playoff appearance run, might want to look at next seasons opponents and pump the brakes a little.

It does look like a daunting schedule, but the Bills will be better as well. 

Discounting the Jets game -- the Bills last 5 games - Dallas, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, NE and Houston was pretty daunting-- we came out 2-3 and were never out of anything.  I think these last 5 games helped a lot of young players grow up.  The 2017 and 2018 squads would have mixed in a couple of blow out losses in a 5 game stretch like this...we could have easily been 4-1 and the difference between 2-3 and 4-1 is weighted heavily in experience I believe.

I think next year will be brutal -- but I think the Bills will be ready.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That is where I stopped. Making the playoffs could also be due to growth. Perhaps next year we go deeper into the playoffs? As I recall many here said 6 wins possibly 7. I said we would go 12-4. I was wrong. What did you predict? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

The Pats* built a dynasty on beating division 3 stiffs...... and cheating. 

I think the Bills will be ok. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

That is where I stopped. Making the playoffs could also be due to growth. Perhaps next year we go deeper into the playoffs? As I recall many here said 6 wins possibly 7. I said we would go 12-4. I was wrong. What did you predict? 

I don’t understand the relevance to what the pre season prediction from last year was. It worked out that we played a bunch of ***** quarterbacks and got fat off them. That’s probably why we made the playoffs this year. Won’t happen again next season. How does my 2019 preseason prediction effect that? We play the NFC west next year. You think my preseason thoughts of this year makes a difference? We played the worst division in football this year and lost to almost every good qb we played?

4 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

948B6A83-852C-4D02-B3B0-5BDCCE3577E5.jpegLike a bunch a whiney little beyatches.

” I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IN NOW DADDY!!!!!”

You make  a great point.

It's only been 25 years since our last playoff win.

These things take time.  

Such impatient whiney little beyatches around here.

?

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t understand the relevance to what the pre season prediction from last year was. It worked out that we played a bunch of ***** quarterbacks and got fat off them. That’s probably why we made the playoffs this year. Won’t happen again next season. How does my 2019 preseason prediction effect that? We play the NFC west next year. You think my preseason thoughts of this year makes a difference? We played the worst division in football this year and lost to almost every good qb we played?

So you dont want to give your prediction? Ok. I will just assume you predicted a 6 win season and are complaining about a 10 win and playoffs.  That is my point.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

So you dont want to give your prediction? Ok. I will just assume you predicted a 6 win season and are complaining about a 10 win and playoffs.  That is my point.

I am not, in any way complaining about this season. I loved this season and enjoyed every second of it. We absolutely should have won yesterday and that loss may linger longer then people expect. That was a complete choke job and shined a light on some serious flaws. It is not a given that we will just be back in the playoffs anytime soon. That’s why you need to take advantage of every opportunity you have. This year was wide open and that game was on ice. We blew it and I’m not going to just assume we will have a chance to make up for it next year. The Bills might not make the playoffs again in Allen’s career. You never know.

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You make  a great point.

It's only been 25 years since our last playoff win.

These things take time.  

Such impatient whiney little beyatches around here.

?

heheh.  I used to post a lot on a Sabres message board back in the 2008-2012 timeframe, and the “have patience you petulant children!!!” crowd was out in force back then.  Personal attacks abounded any time someone dared bring up the opinion that the Sabres should attempt to hold themselves to some sort of standard (like for instance, maybe showing up in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against Philly).

I know, two completely different sets of circumstances (and sports, for that matter), but I just think it’s funny looking at what the Sabres have been doing the past 8 or 9 years.