The reason I think McDermott is ultimately not the guy

Adamb412

This mans critical decision making has been poor since week 1

Benching tyrod for peterman

Starting peterman for allen

Keeping peterman on the roster at all

Cody ford being the starting RT instead of a veteran and shuffling what would work 

Stupidness and ignorance on the offensive side of the ball

Clock management

Hiring Daboll as OC

Using gore more than Singletary

Keeping foster active all year and not duke

The list goes on and on

I dont think this man is the right guy 

Edited by Adamb412
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I do fear he is another Marvin Lewis type who can get you to the playoffs... and that’s about it.  I mean, so far that seems to be the case.  Next year is his big put up or shut up season since it will be his 3rd with Josh, there is a solid foundation of young players in place, tons of cap space and an abundance of draft picks.  If he can’t get a playoff win next year, change could be in the horizon sooner than most think.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

He gets more wins out of teams than he should based on the talent on the roster.  The Bills will use a plethora of draft picks and their 90 million dollars in cap space to improve the roster.  I'm optimistic.  

How can you be optimistic that he will use the players correctly?? 

This is gonna be a long offseason lol. He’s not the first coach to do things this way. Coaches progress as well. Just like players. 
Our core players are young guys. They’ll all grow together. Or they’ll be gone in a couple years. Sorry to burst your bubble but mcdermott ain’t going nowhere for at least two more seasons. Might as well deal with it and accept it, or I don’t know complain for two more years. 

• Like (+1) 3

Yeah lets start over  :(

I hope everyone realises this guy wouldn't have his suitcase packed before he had 5 job offers from other teams.

This GM and Coach broke the drought and have us pointed in the right direction (for the first time in 20 years) and the knee jerk reaction after a heartbreaking loss is to clean house.

Everyone loves to slag on Ralph for these irrational decisions and some of the fanbase are just as bad.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Adamb412 said:

This mans critical decision making has been poor since week 1

Benching tyrod for peterman

Starting peterman for allen

Keeping peterman on the roster at all

So... not a Peterman fan?

I agree that two playoff appearances in three years is appalling.  Let's gut this again and usher in another 20 years of abysmal football.

9 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Yeah lets start over  :(

I hope everyone realises this guy wouldn't have his suitcase packed before he had 5 job offers from other teams.

This GM and Coach broke the drought and have us pointed in the right direction (for the first time in 20 years) and the knee jerk reaction after a heartbreaking loss is to clean house.

Everyone loves to slag on Ralph for these irrational decisions and some of the fanbase are just as bad.

Yep.  Perfectly stated. 

Instead of the whining, I'm still interested to know who we bring in that Adam can GUARANTEE we'll win a Super Bowl with.  

Edited by familykwi
syntax correction
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, familykwi said:

So... not a Peterman fan?

I agree that two playoff appearances in three years is appalling.  Let's gut this again and usher in another 20 years of abysmal football.

Yep.  Perfectly stated. 

Instead of the whining, I'm still interested to know who we bring in that Adam can GUARANTEE we'll win a Super Bowl with.  

A former SB winning coach ;)

No SB winning coach has ever gone to a new team and won another SB....look it up its true.

Jesus. 

Playoffs year one with a crap team. Complete rebuild of culture by year 3 to a team with only a handful of holes. 

Coach of the year top 5 candidate. 

After years on the coaching carousel. 

And this is the post? Do you want Jason Garrett or Freddie Kitchens?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Adamb412 said:

How can you be optimistic that he will use the players correctly?? 

I Billieve that we have the right coach and GM.  Two playoff appearances in 3 years??!!  That hasn't happened since we had Wade coaching.  If you want to pin this loss on anybody it's Frazier, although I do not.  You can't lose a 16 point lead like that.

1 minute ago, John Adams said:

Jesus. 

Playoffs year one with a crap team. Complete rebuild of culture by year 3 to a team with only a handful of holes. 

Coach of the year top 5 candidate. 

After years on the coaching carousel. 

And this is the post? Do you want Jason Garrett or Freddie Kitchens?

Over reaction Sunday and Monday ;)

Its going to get worse ;)