"A Coaching Clinic in Bizarro World" - Coaching Extends Drought

14 hours ago, offyourocker said:

No questions.  We did all we could to lose this game.  It was bizarre.  If I see one more Gore run next year for half yard, I will stop watching football 

He does a great job motivating his players and prepping them but the game day management has to be a serious concern for ownership I would think (or at least hope)

If Gore is even on this roster Beanie should be fired on the spot. I’m almost 100% sure Gore will retire, he looked that bad.

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This article got referenced in the "Allen tried to do too much" thread, but I thought it was very on-point and deserved more looks.

I think it's, unfortunately, quite on-point.  Discuss!

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-2020-bills-sean-mcdermott-coach-bad-calls/1hmflvozh6wsi1vbwi4iax3o7v

OK Boomer...

"Mike DeCourcy is a college basketball columnist at Sporting News, a position he has held for 20 years. He is a member of the US Basketball Writers Hall of Fame. He also writes frequently about soccer."

Honestly, coaching was a mixed bag yesterday.  Daboll called a GREAT first half until the brainfart draw to Gore.  Same goes for the defensive game plan prior to halftime.  McDermott also deserves credit for the way he handled the end of game situation with the first down spike with the punter.  And I like how we brought pressure on the game deciding play - just didn't tackle. 

The big shock to me was how we completely lost our composure (from the entire coaching staff, to the defense overpursuing and losing contain, to Tre White getting toasted, to Allen spontaneously losing 50 football IQ points, etc.) after that JJ Watt sack.  We were completely dazed and confused for the next 20 minutes of game time and there was seemingly a lack of leadership in getting the guys refocused and composed.  Only guy who looked solid was Hauschka. 

I felt we were a pretty disciplined and emotionally steady team the entire season and just didn't expect to see us unravel like that.  Goes to show the importance of playoff experience. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1