Everybody should be ticked off

McBean

4 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

We're going into year 4 of McDermott.  Playoff appearances are good, I see improvement, but we're past moral victories. 

That was an atrocious, memorable, Billsy loss.  

I'm more of a results kind of guy.

then we disagree. The loss was not atrocious. It was a tough loss that went into overtime against a good team at their place. Don’t get me wrong, I’m bummed and disappointed. But not only am I a results guy because we did go 10 and six after going six and 10 last year. That is an amazing improvement. I am also a context guy. Overall, this season was very successful for this team and they are trending up. So I put the loss in context. It’s realistic because I think this team is only going to get better but tickly when they get Josh Allen a real number one receiver and he continues to develop which I absolutely believe he will. 

So, I’m very disappointed about the loss yesterday. But I like the results for the season. That is how I choose to deal with all of this because it is a choice. I found the OP for this thread to be whiny and spiteful.Seriously, to tell other fans not to greet the team at the airport is genuinely childish in my opinion. I found the OP to be offensive to all other bills fans whether you agree with him or not. Are usually don’t take these emotional issues too far when I post. I prefer to deal with actual on the field issues. But, in my opinion, the OP went to far and is not handling this loss well.

42 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I fear that in Sean McDermott , we have found our Marvin Lewis. Bigger fear is that we have found our Jason Garrett. 

Or Andy Reid?

Bud Grant?

Don Coryell?

Marv Levy?

George Allen?

Chuck Knox?

They never won the SB in their long careers.

McD just finished year 3 after he inherited a mess. We'll see what next year holds. He has shown he grades himself pretty severely as he grades others.

1 hour ago, flmike said:

Lots of things to fix for next year, but this year reminds of me of 1988 when the Bills lost in the first round, but you could see promise. 

This is pretty much where I'm at.  Felt a lot like this after Ronnie Harmon.  AFCE should be wide open next year, and we have the resources to keep everyone we want plus fill the holes.  Chips on shoulders can provide a lot of motivation.  

49 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Yes, i am an old Bills fan........probably been a fan before longer than you've even been alive.

I apologise to no one for my thinking.

Not likely, I started cheering for the Bills when I was 9 back in '67, and never stopped.  I just think trying to hold on to "4 SB appearances in a row" as a record we want to hold onto is silly.  We all just need to let it go...

11 hours ago, McBean said:

Wasted season,

Yea ... No ... I can't believe a 10-6 record (again enough about the ease of schedule) 4 of 6 losses against playoff teams .. we beat who we should of beaten (sans Cleveland and played our JV squad against the Jets in last game) and a got a wildcard birth and played two games this against NE where we were RIGHT THERE in the end versus on the backside of lopsided beatdowns against the EVIL EMPIRE and you call it a wasted season.   Yea ... No.  

Thank you may I have another in 2020!!

Edited by WideRightRevenge
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Georgia Bill said:

We all just need to let it go...

Good advice. What’s that prayer? Grant me the wisdom to know the difference between what I can change and what I can’t. Something like that. 

People are emotional, I get it. I am too. But it’s not healthy to hold on to so much negativity and anger, especially about something we can’t control. I’ve come to learn that in my life and I hope others learn it as well. Anyone, feel free to PM me if you need any help finding resources. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nobody should be ticked off at our team or coaching staff with many of our young players experiencing the playoffs for the 1st time. On the road in a hostile environment. Not in my humble opinion. The O as a unit is very young.

If you want to be ticked off be mad about the Cody Ford Call,  a questionable call that in all likelihood altered the outcome of the game. Or be mad about a delay of game infraction that was ignored on a critical Texan scoring drive.

Buffalo overachieved this season given the youth and personnel changes. Buffalo has been overachieving under McD's watch because thats what a well coached team does period.

Myself personally, I'm not mad at the Buffalo Bills in any way, shape or form. This is us , our team, and when that ship sinks I'm going down with it.

One Buffalo strong... 

32 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Yea ... No ... I can't believe a 10-6 record (again enough about the ease of schedule) 4 of 6 losses against playoff teams .. we beat who we should of beaten (sans Cleveland and played our JV squad against the Jets in last game) and a got a wildcard birth and played two games this against NE where we were RIGHT THERE in the end versus on the backside of lopsided beatdowns against the EVIL EMPIRE and you call it a wasted season.   Yea ... No.  

Thank you may I have another in 2020!!

Up 16-0 late in third. 96.2% chance to win the game according to live stats. Those are facts chief.

Again, a WASTED season.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

Up 16-0 late in third. 96.2% chance to win the game according to live stats.

Ugh. Thanks. I feel strangely worse about the L today than I did even yesterday. 

There is nothing I hate more in sports than watching the team I'm rooting for squander a lead. Rather just get blown out. That 96.2 figure is REALLY annoying.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, McBean said:

Anybody on here happy with participation trophies, GTFO. The Bills just had an epic meltdown on national TV to a NOT GOOD Texans team. O, and we haven’t won a playoff game still since 1995.

McClappy and Daboll conservative tails cost us this game. This is what happens when you don’t go for the throat. Bill O’Brien was begging the Bills to beat his team, and they didn’t take advantage.

Running Frank Gore on 2nd down, punting at the Houston 38, and settling for FG’s cost this team. It’s a crying shame this team isn’t playing next week and it’s due to the conservative mindset from the top.

O, and don’t go to the airport and cheer on a team that totally collapsed. Raise the damn standard here and demand more. Ridiculous.

Wasted season, and next year the standard should be nothing less than AFC EAST CHAMPS. If not, heads need to roll.

You make yourself sound less than you could be.

That this team, made it this far, with its current makeup, and limitations was a big accomplishment. Sure we are disappointed, but WTF were you expecting with this group this year?  I’m as big a homer as anyone, but Christ man get a grip!   Oh, and get yourself a beer ? and truly reflect on a better season than the majority thought was possible. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I stopped losing my mind over these games a couple years ago. Can't control these outcomes. It sucks. Get over it. Look forward to next year.

I've been a fan a long time and it took me a long time to not let affect me, emotionally speaking. I was disappointed when they lost last night; however, as you say, it is nothing that I can control, and it isn't anything that has any tangible impact on my life- and, in the end, it is just a game, so I'm not going to dwell on it.

I am looking forward to the offseason and next year. Good things on the horizon, IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's a crying shame that this game was indeed winnable and our coaching staff just let it all go.

There was no reason to play conservative when we had our foot on their throats........we should have kept the pressure on and at least stay aggressive. There's no big wonder why the Bills weren't given much chance to beat Houston in the media, when we have incompetent coaching........and the media KNEW it. It was the rest of Bills nation/Bills Mafia that had the blinders on and actually thought that we could play a solid game against a solid opponent.

The problem is that we had that game and just let it all go.

Shameful.........just shameful.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Agree 100% that the play calling in ot was crap, and the defense couldn't do enough to hold the Texans in the 2nd half. BUT, this team is obviously not there yet. We have a 23 year old qb who is learning and on the rise. The wide recievers have been talked about since the beginning of the season. We all know the offense needs more help. We have a brand new o line that is a work in progress. This is the start of a special team. As heartbreaking as last night was, this is just the beginning and I'm pretty sure over the course of the of season everyone will realize this 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Or Andy Reid?

Bud Grant?

Don Coryell?

Marv Levy?

George Allen?

Chuck Knox?

They never won the SB in their long careers.

McD just finished year 3 after he inherited a mess. We'll see what next year holds. He has shown he grades himself pretty severely as he grades others.

What I saw was a head coach he told his team to play fearlessly, then blamed the playoff loss on the qb "trying to do to much".  Do you have a links to examples of where e publically held himself accountable?

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, McBean said:

Up 16-0 late in third. 96.2% chance to win the game according to live stats. Those are facts chief.

Again, a WASTED season.

Wow .. this is a new angle ... somehow you converted an entire 17 game season (note .. NOT 16) span of time and narrowed it down to the 2nd half of a playoff game (only the 2nd since 1999) where I feel pretty safe to say ... 96.2% of us if not higher thought we should of won given our defense CHIEF  .. so not sure why you compare a 1/2 of football and you dub it an entire "WASTED" season  .. thank you John Winger ..  but I'll stick to my own facts Jack.  And thanks to all those mafia members who traveled to H-Town to support the team or cheered from their favorite establishment or from home ... for a "free" game in January (not given .. but earned) for what the OP thinks may of been supporting a team that had a "Wasteful" season. 

image.png.da46f94c2118340f0901933816f341f6.png

54 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I've been a fan a long time and it took me a long time to not let affect me, emotionally speaking. I was disappointed when they lost last night; however, as you say, it is nothing that I can control, and it isn't anything that has any tangible impact on my life- and, in the end, it is just a game, so I'm not going to dwell on it.

I am looking forward to the offseason and next year. Good things on the horizon, IMHO.

As far as impacting my life, the Bills loss did ruin a nice parlay on the two games last night. Oh well. Serves me right for betting on teams I'm emotionally attached to.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Again, a WASTED season.

Our best young players getting their feet wet in the playoffs for the 1st time wasted?

Experience gained by Allen, Singletary or even Duke Williams wasted?

Get real...

• Like (+1) 2