Everybody should be ticked off

McBean

16 minutes ago, mead107 said:

How many experts even had us going to the playoffs when the season started? 
so, did we over achieve? 

think most had us at the bottom of the division? 

We overachieved only in the eyes of the "experts".

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, McBean said:

Anybody on here happy with participation trophies, GTFO. The Bills just had an epic meltdown on national TV to a NOT GOOD Texans team. O, and we haven’t won a playoff game still since 1995.

McClappy and Daboll conservative tails cost us this game. This is what happens when you don’t go for the throat. Bill O’Brien was begging the Bills to beat his team, and they didn’t take advantage.

Running Frank Gore on 2nd down, punting at the Houston 38, and settling for FG’s cost this team. It’s a crying shame this team isn’t playing next week and it’s due to the conservative mindset from the top.

O, and don’t go to the airport and cheer on a team that totally collapsed. Raise the damn standard here and demand more. Ridiculous.

Wasted season, and next year the standard should be nothing less than AFC EAST CHAMPS. If not, heads need to roll.

Speak for yourself! Don’t tell me or any other fans how they should feel or what they should do in response to the loss. I am disappointed. I am not embarrassed. The team was not embarrassed on national TV. That is BS. It was a disappointing loss after a surprisingly good season. Quite frankly you need to get over yourself just a little bit

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9-3 while mostly feasting on an easy schedule to a 10-7 to finish.  When the going got tough, McDermott simply could not create a winning mentality. He is Jauron 2.0.  I refuse to call this a good season.  Josh is still young and I am not worried about him.  I am worried about the game manager type mentality that is stemming from our head coach.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, zoid8jr said:

9-3 while mostly feasting on an easy schedule to a 10-7 to finish.  When the going got tough, McDermott simply could not create a winning mentality. He is Jauron 2.0.  I refuse to call this a good season.  Josh is still young and I am not worried about him.  I am worried about the game manager type mentality that is stemming from our head coach.

spot on.

McDermott is Jeff Fisher 2.0.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, McBean said:

Anybody on here happy with participation trophies, GTFO. The Bills just had an epic meltdown on national TV to a NOT GOOD Texans team. O, and we haven’t won a playoff game still since 1995.

McClappy and Daboll conservative tails cost us this game. This is what happens when you don’t go for the throat. Bill O’Brien was begging the Bills to beat his team, and they didn’t take advantage.

Running Frank Gore on 2nd down, punting at the Houston 38, and settling for FG’s cost this team. It’s a crying shame this team isn’t playing next week and it’s due to the conservative mindset from the top.

O, and don’t go to the airport and cheer on a team that totally collapsed. Raise the damn standard here and demand more. Ridiculous.

Wasted season, and next year the standard should be nothing less than AFC EAST CHAMPS. If not, heads need to roll.

I fear that in Sean McDermott , we have found our Marvin Lewis. Bigger fear is that we have found our Jason Garrett. 

The team was six and 10 last year 10 and six this year! They got to the playoffs and lost to an evenly matched team on the road. In overtime for chrissakes!! These takes about  Jauron 2.0 are inane! And enough about the schedule, already. Way overstated  as an issue!

And to actually tell fans not to greet the team at the airport because you can’t handle your personal disappointment and anger at the team comes across as nothing more than infantile spite. Lame! Very, very lame

• Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As far as I can see this teams biggest problems are on the offence and tackling, and it showed its ugly head again yesterday.   Our entire defensive core of this team is geared for coverage more than tackling.  Which is fine but you still need to know how to tackle a guy and get him to the ground.  How many times this year have I just seen our linebackers and DB's just try to hit a running back or quarterback instead of tackling the damn guy.   If you have a chance to get a player down on the ground with a play or a hit there is no excuse not getting him on the ground or stop them dead in there tracks.  Big plays happen but missed tackles are to numerous for this team.

How many times this year has this happened in big games that end up costing us a 1st down or a score or a 20 yd or more big play.  I am ticked because the coaches must see the blown tackling for certain players and I have not seen any improvement on it.

Terrible coaching because it has been this way all season.  We had a good season but we a desperately need the elite talent this team is missing on offence.

In this game they could not even score a TD without using a trick play.  Daboll is not the OC that this team needs.

We need a OC who can utilize what this team has.  Daboll has not done this at all.  Epic Fail!!  We need a better OC and WR's, TE's and a better OLine.

10 hours ago, McBean said:

I agree with most of your takes.  I don't think it's a wasted season.  This is a young team which gained valuable experience playing in prime time games on the road and holding their own.  Yesterday they lost a very winnable road playoff game.  This was a wasted opportunity to advance but not a wasted season.  Yes, AFC East Division Champs and a home playoff game(s) are reasonable expectations for next year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If the offensive line is as bad next season as it was this season, seats should be good n hot!  

Should have drafted D.K. over Ford.  This is not debatable.

Yep. 

This FO is obsessed with defense. Ditch the defensive mindset and adopt a SCORE POINTS mindset.

This entire offseason should be devoted to signing playmakers on offense. 

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If the offensive line is as bad next season as it was this season, seats should be good n hot!  

Should have drafted D.K. over Ford.  This is not debatable.

Of course it’s “debatable”. Ford may end up being an all pro guard next year. I’ll give you the benefit of a doubt that you know you need 2 to 3 years before you can assess a draft class.

I am pissed. The Bills should have won that game, no questions asked. They blew it.

The funny thing is, this truly was a year, IMO, that they could have went into KC and also won. Who knows after that? It could have been our year.

Reflecting on the year, the Bills had a pretty easy schedule but I also took away that they can compete with any team in the league. They are still a young team learning how to win. A few more additions to an already solid roster and the Bills very well could be the best team in the NFL next year.

Next year. Ugh.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Sweats said:

The only good thing about the loss is that the Pats lost also, meaning that the Bills 4 straight SB appearances are still intact and probably will never be achieved ever again.

The only people who give a rats ass about that "accomplishment" are old Bills fans who try to preserve some shred of "greatness" about a team that is remembered now and forever by everyone else as "4 time in a row Super Bowl losers".   I get it, I admired the amazing resiliency too, but nobody else really cares.   I want to move past that to something new that has no ties to the past that gets a totally different result.

We're going into year 4 of McDermott.  Playoff appearances are good, I see improvement, but we're past moral victories. 

That was an atrocious, memorable, Billsy loss.  

17 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Of course it’s “debatable”. Ford may end up being an all pro guard next year. I’ll give you the benefit of a doubt that you know you need 2 to 3 years before you can assess a draft class.

I'm more of a results kind of guy.

3 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

The only people who give a rats ass about that "accomplishment" are old Bills fans who try to preserve some shred of "greatness" about a team that is remembered now and forever by everyone else as "4 time in a row Super Bowl losers".   I get it, I admired the amazing resiliency too, but nobody else really cares.   I want to move past that to something new that has no ties to the past that gets a totally different result.

Yes, i am an old Bills fan........probably been a fan before longer than you've even been alive.

I apologise to no one for my thinking.

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This.

I could easily see the Bills being the Chicago Bears of 2019 next season.

Unfortunately that is quite possible. Curious to see what and how they go about everything in the off season to hopefully prevent that from happening.

9 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

We had only given up 22 or more points in 3 games this year, yet give up 22 from the 1:33 mark in the 3rd quarter on? What the hell happen to our defense?

They constantly blitzed 2nd half and didn't stop even when it wasn't working.It actually let Watson have some success and let them back in the game.worst decision by Frazier and allowed by mcd

• Like (+1) 1