Everybody should be ticked off

McBean

32 minutes ago, McBean said:

Anybody on here happy with participation trophies, GTFO. The Bills just had an epic meltdown on national TV to a NOT GOOD Texans team. O, and we haven’t won a playoff game still since 1995.

McClappy and Daboll conservative tails cost us this game. This is what happens when you don’t go for the throat. Bill O’Brien was begging the Bills to beat his team, and they didn’t take advantage.

Running Frank Gore on 2nd down, punting at the Houston 28, and settling for FG’s cost this team. It’s a crying shame this team isn’t playing next week and it’s due to the conservative mindset from the top.

O, and don’t go to the airport and cheer on a team that totally collapsed. Raise the damn standard here and demand more. Ridiculous.

Wasted season, and next year the standard should be nothing less than AFC EAST CHAMPS. If not, heads need to roll.

Totally agree!

The bar is soooo low here. Making the Playoffs twice in a generation, isn't a goal; it's a disgrace!

And whiffing in both Playoff games, including this one, where you were leading 16- Donut w 5 minutes to go in Q3, isn't something to applaud!

Raise your standards, indeed!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I couldn't agree more, don't go to the airport. We gave them love after the Cowboys game, which was deserving, and I even liked that we showed up after the Ravens game to show that we still support them. 

But after that showing? I'd like them to feel the heartbreak of landing with no fans waiting. Let that stay with them during the off season.

30 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

That Gore 2nd down run before the half was the killer. 

I got into this in another thread. This was shocking to me-- we were screaming at the TV to hurry up and move down the field as the clock was ticking down. And then Gore....

I watch a lot of pro and college football, and you rarely see anyone go into a shell like that at the end of a half (unless deep in their own end, of course)-- it is always attack. Bills coaches, on the other hand, always lean toward the ultra-conservative in these spots.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

What are you talking about? Houston finished with a whopping minute ten more in TOP. Wow the Bills offensive players must have been tired also, right? No one should've been tired with an all but even TOP, most had last week off.

It has been pretty convincingly demonstrated, looking at years of actual game data, that defensive time on field does not necessarily correlate to wins and losses.

Fans do love to mention this all the time though, doesn't make it correct.

17 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

With over 90 million to spend and 9 draft picks, I think not.

What's the point if inept people are spending the money and making the draft pick?

Reminds me of when Darcy had all those Pegula dollars or Murray had those draft picks and essentially wasted it all.  

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

It has been pretty convincingly demonstrated, looking at years of actual game data, that defensive time on field does not necessarily correlate to wins and losses.

Fans do love to mention this all the time though, doesn't make it correct.

I didn't say it did or didn't. I was replying to Billsvet who blamed the defensive collapse on the defense being on the field for most of the game. His exact quote...

Check back to the NE game.  When your defense is on the field because the offense doesn't score, people get tired.  These aren't marathon runners on defense and even McCoach can't have enough players to sub in every other play.  

I love our fanbase and wouldn't trade it for any other...but it is kind of a low standard one to be really honest. 

We didn't have a great season if we're being really objective. Decent progress from our 2nd year QB but he still looks like a long-term question-mark, 1-5 vs playoff teams including 0-2 against one of the worst Patriots teams of their dynasty. A really soft schedule led to 10-6, which is nice, part of what you need to be able to do is beat the teams you should.

In comparison to the regimes of the past, which is the standard that's being upheld for the most part, yeah it was much better. But in comparison to a successful NFL regime in year 3, I think it was just a mediocre season. 

5 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I couldn't agree more, don't go to the airport. We gave them love after the Cowboys game, which was deserving, and I even liked that we showed up after the Ravens game to show that we still support them. 

But after that showing? I'd like them to feel the heartbreak of landing with no fans waiting. Let that stay with them during the off season.

Haha I probably wouldn't go that far. I've never gone to the airport but I wouldn't discourage it if people normally do. I do think this is a team that plays hard, but with some definite fundamental core issues that I don't know will be resolved. 

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

What's the point if inept people are spending the money and making the draft pick?

Reminds me of when Darcy had all those Pegula dollars or Murray had those draft picks and essentially wasted it all.  

Have fun living in your misery, don't let me interrupt ya any longer. If you can't see that they improved a lot this year and have a ton of resources to spend this offseason, then I know you're full of it and not worth the time. Please continue.

1 minute ago, Figster said:

I think anyone that went into playoffs thinking Buffalo had all the pieces to win a Championship this season needs a reality check IMO.

We all hope..

No one thought Championship. But they shouldn’t have lost this game. There’s no reason they shouldn’t be playing the chiefs next weekend. And that really pisses me off. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

I think anyone that went into playoffs thinking Buffalo had all the pieces to win a Championship this season needs a reality check IMO.

We all hope..

I didn't, but we had the pieces to win that game. 

The coach? That's what worried me going in and definitely even moreso for the future. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CNYfan said:

The Bill's lost 4 of the last 5, beating only a 3rd string UDFA QB.

Not sure how bright the future is

Are you really going to count week 17 with most of the starters sitting? Other than that we lost to the team who finished first in the AFC, the Ravens by 7, lost to the Pats*** at their place by 7 & to Houston at their place by 3 in OT. It'll be ok.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CNYfan said:

The Bill's lost 4 of the last 5, beating only a 3rd string UDFA QB.

Not sure how bright the future is

They had the talent, and a chance to tie or win all 4 of those games in the 4th quarter or OT. There team is super young at some very important positions. QB/RB/MLB. Allen was much improved this year, as was Edmunds. I think Singletary is going to be very solid as well. 

29 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

A better question would be: what the hell happened to the offense?

And the answer is: doing what it has done most of the season--failing to reach 20 points.

Well that didn't seem to bother the Titans as they won their playoff game scoring 14 points.  And if NE had gotten within FG range they would have won the game with 16 points.

When you have the money invested in and the talent spread across an offense like Kansas City do you expect them to score over 20 points every game?  I do.  But the Bills have taken the opposite approach and put most of their eggs in the defenses basket.  So when the offense scores a TD on the opening possession and then pushes that lead to 16 - 0 late in the 3rd quarter the expectation is that the defense will hold and the Bills win the game. 

Just like if the KC defense holds an opponent to 24 points the expectation is that the Chiefs O will score more then that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Are you really going to count week 17 with most of the starters sitting? Other than that we lost to the team who finished first in the AFC, the Ravens by 7, lost to the Pats*** at their place by 7 & to Houston at their place by 3 in OT. It'll be ok.

Championship calibre teams WIN those games. Otherwise. You are a one and done wild card

It would have been better to just get beat.  Once you get a 16 point lead against a 2nd tier team, that should be a win.  

I still can't figure it out.  It's hard not to win that game coming out of the half - but we did it. Credit to Watson for making big plays, but we blew it.

All we can do is hope they learn from it.  Hard way to end the season, for sure.

• Like (+1) 2