Loved Belichick being Belichicked!

7 hours ago, MJS said:

I think it was a terrible decision by Vrabel to punt there. They should have tried the field goal or gone for it on 4th and short.

It worked out for them, but that was a sequence that Bills fans would be fuming over if McDermott had done that.

Whaaaaaat? 

There are times you question the 4th & 4 Stupid decisions from the opponents 40 or less, with time left and you are behind. Multiple variables, but imho- it is almost always correct to go for it!

This was not the case with the Bills. They were up by 2 scores and clearly have an eedgit Punter, who punts into the End Zone, gaining you 20 or less yards! 

Vrabel on the other hand, has a league leading Punter, who proved his worth there... yet again. AND Vrabel thought through that there were going to be less than 20 seconds and ZERO TOs left for the Cheatriots to drive... say 60+ yards!

4 hours ago, ColeB said:

Yeah, and the Titans going for 2 made no sense.  The pick six made it a 7 pt game.  Kick the extra point and it’s 8.  If New England miraculously returned the kickoff for a score, they would’ve just had to kick the XP to tie.  If Tenn kicked their extra pt, the Pats would’ve had to go for 2.  Sure, Tennessee making the 2 pts would’ve made it a 9 point lead and game over but there were only 10 secs left.  To me, that was a bad decision.

The Tenn DB made a bad, selfish decision to score that pick six.  If he just fell down, the Titans would’ve just had one kneel down and game was over.  Instead they had to kickoff.  

It was fun to see the Pats screw up the multi-laterals quickly. Since Edelman was a QB, I thought he’d throw it. After he lateraled it to a teammate, that guy threw it 10+ yards back towards the end zone.

I disagree. Thought it was a brilliant touch. It was a no lose, with 9 seconds to go. In the 1% chance that Brady was going to need to drive anywhere from 80-90 yards for the TD, they would line up for the 2 Pointer, like the Convert, which are no longer automatic. Make their 2 Pointer and that 1% is zero. 

9 seconds was the key.
Just like punting with 25 seconds with the League’s best Punter was also!

You are correct about falling down, however. Players overcome logic, given the easy circumstances. That’s why Vrabel went for 2.

10 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

And Tommy ends with a pick six.  So sad.

One can only hope that was the way he goes out at the end...although selfishly I want him to have enough ego to come back and see the same thing happen but with us...for finality’s sake and all that:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Bigmanbills88 said:

belichick wasnt laughing after the jets game. 

Actually called a great game in 49

But hes an nfl coach with a long history of success while you and me post on a message board. And people like you act like you're a football savant. 

Bellichick called a "great game" in SB 49? How so? Where's your evidence on that? He didn't call his timeouts when it appeared that the Seahawks were going to score at the end. Had they handed the ball off to Lynch rather than throw that awful pass, the Seahawks are up by 3 with only 26 seconds for Brady to tie it. The best thing Bellichick did well in that game and his greatest strength as a coach overall is he patient enough to wait for other idiot NFL coaches to beat themselves. As for the last part of your comment, when did I act like a savant? Because I gave my opinion and dared criticize Bellichick? Sorry I have no respect for a guy who cheats regularly to gain advantage. So sorry if I hurt your feelings about your hero.

10 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

With just about 5 minutes left in the game Vrabel started playing games with the game clock, deliberately taking Delay of Game and False Start penalties to bleed time off the clock on 4th down before he punted the ball back to the Patriots.  The entire time Belichick is running over to the refs, red faced and screaming with a vein bulging on his forehead about to burst.  Bill seems to have a short memory.  Belichick was laughing when he did the exact same thing to the Jets at the end of their game a few weeks ago.

Patriots knocked out by the Titans in Foxboro in front of their insufferable fans.

Belichick got Belichicked by Vrabel.

Karma is a b**** New England...

I get this, but it is a terrible glitch in the rules. Basically, people pay watch a sporting event, and 1/29 of that sporting event that we pay to watch or attend evaporates into a non-sports activity because the league didn’t anticipate this problem. It’s not sports.

7 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

Really, you're one of those guys?

I am too. I wanted Hyde to take a knee on that Offside kick he recovered, not run it in. Make it a sure thing.

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

Bellichick called a "great game" in SB 49? How so? Where's your evidence on that? He didn't call his timeouts when it appeared that the Seahawks were going to score at the end. Had they handed the ball off to Lynch rather than throw that awful pass, the Seahawks are up by 3 with only 26 seconds for Brady to tie it. The best thing Bellichick did well in that game and his greatest strength as a coach overall is he patient enough to wait for other idiot NFL coaches to beat themselves. As for the last part of your comment, when did I act like a savant? Because I gave my opinion and dared criticize Bellichick? Sorry I have no respect for a guy who cheats regularly to gain advantage. So sorry if I hurt your feelings about your hero.

The pats had their heavy personnel in on that play and Lynch had been bad all season long on 4th and goal fro around the one. Don’t be so sure he would have scored. 

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I get this, but it is a terrible glitch in the rules. Basically, people pay watch a sporting event, and 1/29 of that sporting event that we pay to watch or attend evaporates into a non-sports activity because the league didn’t anticipate this problem. It’s not sports.

I am too. I wanted Hyde to take a knee on that Offside kick he recovered, not run it in. Make it a sure thing.

The pats had their heavy personnel in on that play and Lynch had been bad all season long on 4th and goal fro around the one. Don’t be so sure he would have scored. 

They were at the 1 yard line on 2nd down. Even a sneak would have been better!

10 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Screw you Belicheat....you deserve it...you wrote the book on cheating. 

I mean technically that isn't cheating its just using little known rule loopholes to your advantage. Patriots take advantage of all grey areas better than any other team in the league on and off the field.

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Whaaaaaat? 

There are times you question the 4th & 4 Stupid decisions from the opponents 40 or less, with time left and you are behind. Multiple variables, but imho- it is almost always correct to go for it!

This was not the case with the Bills. They were up by 2 scores and clearly have an eedgit Punter, who punts into the End Zone, gaining you 20 or less yards! 

Vrabel on the other hand, has a league leading Punter, who proved his worth there... yet again. AND Vrabel thought through that there were going to be less than 20 seconds and ZERO TOs left for the Cheatriots to drive... say 60+ yards!

Actually they got the ball back with like 4:50 left to play. Traditionally the Patriots drive the field and win the game in that situation if given the chance. But they are weaker than they used to be.

On 1/5/2020 at 2:24 AM, Gambit said:

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the guy scoring. If he just kneeled down after the pick it's over with. The pick6 gave a slight chance still.

Same thing happened with a Bills game.  Player got an interception and took the points.  It would have been better to sit down on 1 yard line and do three or four plays to use up clock but players need to score.  

On 1/5/2020 at 2:27 AM, Doc Brown said:

I said it before Romo because I was screaming go down you idiot.  Reminded me of Hyde returning it for a TD against the Fins.

As he said.

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Same thing happened with a Bills game.  Player got an interception and took the points.  It would have been better to sit down on 1 yard line and do three or four plays to use up clock but players need to score.  

As he said.

Yeah, I'm assuming you are talking about Hyde returning the onside kick for a TD

1 hour ago, mikemac2001 said:

49ers just pulled it as well only ran off another 25 but teams are doing it now so they will fix the loop hole

Here's one slightly off topic.

Why don't teams just jump Offside (attempt to induce a false start) when a team has first and goal from the 1 or <?

You have almost nothing to lose and you've got a real shot at creating a false start that would dramatically alter the situation.

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Here's one slightly off topic.

Why don't teams just jump Offside (attempt to induce a false start) when a team has first and goal from the 1 or <?

You have almost nothing to lose and you've got a real shot at creating a false start that would dramatically alter the situation.

They do occasionally.