Loved Belichick being Belichicked!

With just about 5 minutes left in the game Vrabel started playing games with the game clock, deliberately taking Delay of Game and False Start penalties to bleed time off the clock on 4th down before he punted the ball back to the Patriots.  The entire time Belichick is running over to the refs, red faced and screaming with a vein bulging on his forehead about to burst.  Bill seems to have a short memory.  Belichick was laughing when he did the exact same thing to the Jets at the end of their game a few weeks ago.

Patriots knocked out by the Titans in Foxboro in front of their insufferable fans.

Belichick got Belichicked by Vrabel.

Karma is a b**** New England...

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 20
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

With just about 5 minutes left in the game Vrabel started playing games with the game clock, deliberately taking Delay of Game and False Start penalties to bleed time off the clock.  The entire time Belichick is running over red faced and screaming at the refs with a bulging vein in his forehead about to burst.

Patriots knocked out by the Titans.

That's what he Belichick did to the Jets.  Guess he thinks he's the only one who can get away with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

I thought that SB where they lucked out against the Seahawks, Bellichick called a really bad game and they really deserved to lose because of his errors. But of course they lucked out with the INT. The same with what happened against the Falcons. They got gifted that game by really bad coaching by the Falcons. Even last year the Rams played scared and allowed the Pats to get in their heads. Bellichick has always had Brady to bail him out and now it appears that the clock struck twelve on that! He's a weirdo, a grump and mostly importantly a cheat. Tonight looks good on him!

Edited by Livinginthepast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

With just about 5 minutes left in the game Vrabel started playing games with the game clock, deliberately taking Delay of Game and False Start penalties to bleed time off the clock before he punted the ball back to the Patriots.  The entire time Belichick is running over to the refs, red faced and screaming with a vein bulging on his forehead about to burst.  Bill seems to have a short memory.  Belichick was laughing when he did the exact same thing to the Jets at the end of their game a few weeks ago.

Patriots knocked out by the Titans in Foxboro in front of their insufferable fans.

22 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And Tommy ends with a pick six.  So sad.

9 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

no..but he should have spit in his hand first

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

I think it was a terrible decision by Vrabel to punt there. They should have tried the field goal or gone for it on 4th and short.

It worked out for them, but that was a sequence that Bills fans would be fuming over if McDermott had done that.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

And Tommy ends with a pick six.  So sad.

Oddly enough that helped the Pats given they were at their own goal line with hardly any time left and no time outs.  Only the Pats could throw a pick six and it could help them.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think it was a terrible decision by Vrabel to punt there. They should have tried the field goal or gone for it on 4th and short.

It worked out for them, but that was a sequence that Bills fans would be fuming over if McDermott had done that.

This is one of those situations where the coach went against analytics but it was so satisfying and turned out to be OK. I loved watching Vrabel just ramming the ball and bleeding clock for the whole second half and wasn't worried about the Patriots offense at all. 

1 minute ago, Big C said:

This is one of those situations where the coach went against analytics but it was so satisfying and turned out to be OK. I loved watching Vrabel just ramming the ball and bleeding clock for the whole second half and wasn't worried about the Patriots offense at all. 

It does work out sometimes, but then sometimes it doesn't. But they were in makeable field goal range. That's why I didn't like the decision. Force the Patriots to have to score a TD to beat you, not a field goal.

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I know Romo said that, but I don't see how it helped them.

Instead of 15 seconds down 1 they went to 9 seconds down 7

So assuming a touchback on the kickoff they traded 24 yards for 6 points and 6 seconds

Instead of driving the field from the 1 yard line they could drive from around the 20 which is much easier and gives you more room to operate, and it was still a 1 score game.

Edited by MJS

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Instead of driving the field from the 1 yard line they could drive from around the 20, and it was still a 1 score game.

Yeah but now the 1 score was a TD and there was less time left, around 9 seconds and no timeouts

They would have had less field to drive even from the 1 for a FG than from the 25 for a TD

Assuming FG range is the 35 that's 64 yards from the 1. Needing a TD after the kickoff if there's a touchback means going 75 yards with less time.

It didn't add up but either way it worked out well!

Edited by TheFunPolice