Gore : 8 carries for 22 yards

Just now, nedboy7 said:

2 years ago we were gonna be 8-8 forever. Now you bitching we will be 11-5 every year?  Funny ***** right there.  

There's truth in what you say, but not completely.

The things that cost us the game were visible to those who have an eye for it, back at the beginning of the year. There were no fixes made. Several people predicted the lack of killer instinct would come back to bite them in the playoffs, and it did. 

Progression is not always linear in the NFL. Only a few teams can truly win the SB each year, and they have a certain mentality about them. I'm not sure a coaching philosophy like McDermott's ever won a SB. I can only think of the Devils in the NHL, and that was during the dead-puck era. 

Can’t play the “ take away their best play(s) game. However, we all knew this was likely going to be the result. McD has his “guys” to a fault, and it was known that he wouldn’t disrupt the locker room by sitting Gore. It’s the old dance with who brung ya. The need for a new RB or two next season is clear though. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Mshaw said:

Frank gore getting carries, Duke williams rotting away in the practice squad while our starting WR's look like glorified gym teachers every sunday, Allen not having a single game over 300 yards, failing to score over 20 points in almost every single game. 

this offense was a ***** show this season. the fact Daboll will be here next year gives me zero hope. 

All our new posters are such bottles of sunshine.

28 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

He’s been at 1 yard per carry for the last eight weeks. Yeldon and duke Williams were the biggest wastes on the sidelines all year.

When I heard Yeldon was inactive this morning I cringed. I knew these guys would keep shoving Gore down our throats. 8 worthless touches that could've gone to Devin or TJ.  Having a mentor is sweet but it won't advance you in the playoffs.  Frank will be gone, as with many others this spring. Duke deserves to stay. Daboll can go coach in the Canadian league for all I care. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Can’t play the “ take away their best play(s) game. However, we all knew this was likely going to be the result. McD has his “guys” to a fault, and it was known that he wouldn’t disrupt the locker room by sitting Gore. It’s the old dance with who brung ya. The need for a new RB or two next season is clear though. 

With Clappy it's the old "Peterman Theorem". Stick with a non performer way too long at the expense of the whole team.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

There's truth in what you say, but not completely.

The things that cost us the game were visible to those who have an eye for it, back at the beginning of the year. There were no fixes made. Several people predicted the lack of killer instinct would come back to bite them in the playoffs, and it did. 

Progression is not always linear in the NFL. Only a few teams can truly win the SB each year, and they have a certain mentality about them. I'm not sure a coaching philosophy like McDermott's ever won a SB. I can only think of the Devils in the NHL, and that was during the dead-puck era. 

To those who have an eye for non stop complaining you mean. What changes?  You want to fire the coach mid season?  Or maybe now since he made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years?  I disagree with you. He is the reason we made the playoffs. We need more talent more so than better coaching.  People act like if you don’t win the SB you suck. It’s called a process for a reason. It takes time. If you aren’t happy w the progress this team is making maybe you will accept yearly regression. You know as long as they have a killer instinct.  

32 minutes ago, Mshaw said:

Frank gore getting carries, Duke williams rotting away in the practice squad while our starting WR's look like glorified gym teachers every sunday, Allen not having a single game over 300 yards, failing to score over 20 points in almost every single game. 

this offense was a ***** show this season. the fact Daboll will be here next year gives me zero hope. 

You 300-yard people are batschitt crazy. :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Mshaw said:

Great job you fool!

3 minutes ago, PoBills33 said:

Gore is a hall of fame running back and time finally caught up to him mid season.  He wont be around next year you so all can settle down.

You promise?  I am not confident in McDermott at all when it comes to personnel on offense  The Nathan Peterman debacle was our warning.  Think he's seeing the offense through totally different lenses than everyone else

38 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

To those who have an eye for non stop complaining you mean. What changes?  You want to fire the coach mid season?  Or maybe now since he made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years?  I disagree with you. He is the reason we made the playoffs. We need more talent more so than better coaching.  People act like if you don’t win the SB you suck. It’s called a process for a reason. It takes time. If you aren’t happy w the progress this team is making maybe you will accept yearly regression. You know as long as they have a killer instinct.  

If you think I'm a non-stop complainer, then you are projecting other posters onto me. I'm as balanced as they come, but I do recognize weaknesses where they exist. 

I like McDermott and I really like Beane. But I don't root for the Bills so we lose in the Wild Card every year. I'm in it for the rings. And I don't see a SB trajectory right now. We COULD have a SB trajectory, but things need to change. And telling fans to shut up and enjoy the porridge we give you is not why I watch the games.

You remind me of when we had to sit there and take Ralph's horrific cheapness because it was better than losing the team. It's alright to expect more. 

1 hour ago, NC Book said:

I'm thinking Gore won't be on the roster next season. 

Unless he is RB Coach

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Frank gore was awesome the first 4 to 6 weeks but after that I'm not sure what happened. Looked completely different

What happened is he turned into a 36 year old RB

We should have kept Shady.

We did not need the cap space and he probably would have re-negotiated to stay here as he took a pay cut from $9mm to $3mm to go to KC

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

That was the problem. I ranted about this at about Week 6. It was clear he was becoming a liability. They should have known better, and brought in another back to fill the role Gore had Then ease that guy in, while shrinking Gore's role. 

People will automatically fixate on what happened in the second half and OT (and for good reason), but a major momentum shift (and mood swing for me) was what we did at the end of 2Q. 

First down, 2 WR formation with FB, and we predictably hand if off to Gore for nothing. Then we spike it and lose a down, only for Duke to have almost come up with that catch.

Why the HELL did we have to lose a down by clocking it with a timeout in our pocket? Regardless of whether or not the offense got a modest gain there, why did we not immediately hurry to the line and have another play ready? I was legitimately pissed that we only scored 13 with how great of a half we had on offense. Everyone here was concerned whether or not our 3s could turn into 7s as opposed to gaining yards or staying 'in' the game leading up to this matchup, and our 'playing not to lose' philosophy did us in, of course.

Edited by JimKellyTryouts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1