Devin Singletary/ Best Bills player on the field today

Figster

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Thought we should have at least one Topic of discussion with a positve spin.

I haven't seen a Bills RB with moves like that since the days of Thurman Thomas. 

No he wasn't Josh Allen was in the Patriots titans game who was the deciding factor Derek Henry.  Bean and Mcdermot are to blame because it goes all the way back to the off-season and Preseason not knowing what to do with Shady and deciding to keep Frank Gore over Shady.  I believe if they would have given Shady just one more season I think this game is in Buffalo. Because no matter what shady did in the back field he was still a terror in the screen game. 

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Would have loved some draws to Motor late in the 4th and in overtime. 

Why would we need not run him in OT?

We passed every play with empty backfield

We were playing like it was a 2 minute drill

3 minutes ago, Estro said:

Luckily for us, the Bills coaches gave Gore 8 carries and Singletary 13, and not 1 in our 2 possessions in OT.  How perplexing was that?

Moronic is probably a better description than perplexing 

Just now, DuckyBoys said:

Clearly our best player on offense today and once again underutilized .  I hope if Daboll stays on they figure out that the offense should always involve Devin. 

I hope Daboll gets a job offer.  8 Gore runs was about 6 too many.  I respect the man.  He is a hall of famer but he should not have played for us the last 2 months

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Singletary is our best player on offense.

He was excellent tonight. 

Remember how long it took Daboll to play him more. Stubborn coaches making stubborn decisions. Devin was amazing today. Now let's get him a great young complimentary RB2.

2 hours ago, Figster said:

Thought we should have at least one Topic of discussion with a positve spin.

I haven't seen a Bills RB with moves like that since the days of Thurman Thomas. 

Singletary is a difference-maker, and seriously underused by Daboll all season long.

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Still need McCaffrey...run a lot of 2 rb sets

Pretty sure he’s under contract to another team.

1 hour ago, MikeSpeed said:

Why didn't they give it to him in TO?

Not enough time left; we had to throw the ball...oh, wait.

8 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Clearly our best player on offense today and once again underutilized .  I hope if Daboll stays on they figure out that the offense should always involve Devin. 

Daboll had the entire ***** season to figure that out lol

he is a clueless hack and has no business being an OC in this league. you will all see next season when we struggle to win 7 games and have a bottom 3 offense once again 

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Bring in someone who runs a little harder, but can also work in the passing game and we’ll be good to go!

The fact that Singletary didn’t touch the ball in overtime is criminal. 

Runs harder? That kid was turning nothing into something all game long...

3 minutes ago, Mshaw said:

he is a clueless hack and has no business being an OC in this league. you will all see next season when we struggle to win 7 games and have a bottom 3 offense once again 

You join the board to go on smear campaign?

• Like (+1) 1

He is so clearly our best weapon.

The following players are nfl offensive players:

Allen (spazzed, but was out by himself for a lot of it) 

Dawkins

Morse

Singletery

Brown

Beasely

Feliciano (not great but dece)

Spain (as above, but perhaps a touch less so)

Knox if he improves

Ford (who I pray can be converted to guard) Smith, kroft, gore, mck, roberts, dimarko, Duke (at this point at the very least) and that other wr who looked sick last year are all not on the field for a good team.

I do sometimes wonder if a better coaching staff would make something useful happen, maybe a power run and screen game with some over the top stuff, I dunno.

I remember that stupid up for grabs ball to dimarko.  We had protection and Josh was being spied, but our two WRs got nada (like usual) and we had no body disengage from a block and roll into a soft spot.  The guys on the field combined with the play call was pure dabol.  Trying to out smart everyone but not realizing his garbage just doesn't work

• Thank you (+1) 1

If memory serves.. Devin has a huge 38 yd screen pass reception, then a 6 yd run, a 3 yd run... then he was put on the shelf and never used again.  Unreal. 
Allen just slinging useless uncatchable passes beyond the end zone. 

Edited by zow2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

He's a gamer. Needs a better complementary back than Gore.

Yes sir! Gore rips one run a game then gets stuffed on 8-12 other runs. I love the guy but he is done as an NFL back. I hope the Bills go after a big bruising back.

3 hours ago, Mshaw said:

If I remember right, every offense Daboll has ran hovered around 26th-28th in ranking. Trends rarely ever lie.

12 hours ago, DRA3196 said:

13 rushing attempts in game that close was not enough. He needed to be more involved in the 2nd half.

Yet people are criticizing Daboll's running-play calls on second down in the fourth quarter. He must shake his head. A game of inches and either you're a genius or an idiot, for exactly the same body of work. Anyway, Singletary is terrific and a key building block on offense. They're pretty close, just a WR, backup RB and maybe RT away, along with better depth. This would have been a different season with just one more competent WR. 

• Like (+1) 1