Arrival at the Airport

CEN-CAL17

17 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

GTFOH... go be a Jets fan with that piss poor attitude. Seriously!

This is #BillsMafia, not battery throwing Eagles fan scumbags.

So now not giving a hero's welcome at the airport for embarrassing the franchise is akin to throwing batteries?

??????

6 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

So now not giving a hero's welcome at the airport for embarrassing the franchise is akin to throwing batteries?

??????

No, your damn ATTITUDE is akin to throwing batteries... like a petulant child who didn't get what they wanted from their parents at Christmas.

8 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

No, your damn ATTITUDE is akin to throwing batteries... like a petulant child who didn't get what they wanted from their parents at Christmas.

The guy being over dramatic, flying off the handle yelling and screaming, going to extremes because he doesn't like someone's opinion is calling someone else a petulant child? Self awareness is low. ?

• Like (+1) 1

Just checked out the video and I'm thrilled that so many top notch folks got out in last night's freezing cold to welcome the boys home.  You can see that the team is dejected, just as we have been.  After reading some of the Internet vitriol while making it back home (like the horrible comment made to Ford), it had to help to see that crowd at the airport.

I've been letting the loss get the better of me but it's starting to fade.  I'm glad that there were so many fans that put their own heartbreak and frustration aside to support the team in this most visible way.  If you were there, big thumbs up to you... you made the rest of us look good and I'm sure the players appreciated it.

Bills fans are typically good to our guys, win or lose.  I still recall the crowd that met the team after Super Bowl XXV.  Not what Scott Norwood and the crew was expecting.

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Stop being over dramatic. There's a middle ground between not supporting the team and giving a hero's welcome at the airport for embarrassing the franchise.

Like I said, you can be upbeat for the future... You as a fan can appreciate the strides made... But celebrating this team with a heros welcome at the airport is a poor move.

It's like throwing your kid a party because he got an F on his math exam but the school year is over.

I'm glad you are telling everyone we can be upbeat for next year.

Thanks. We all appreciate you letting us.

• Haha (+1) 1

Most of these "fans" in this thread putting down people going to the airport probably weren't even a gleam in their  father's eye  when the Bills  had their Super Bowl run back in the 90s. By their  view, 30K+ people shouldn't have shown up at Niagara Square  after Super Bowl XXV . The only reason I wasn't there then (91) was because I was recovering from a terrible bout of the flu I remember coughing my lungs up while watching then.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

the players didn't seem to acknowledge the fans all that much if anything I bet they felt kind of embarrassed like you are giving us more than we deserve tonight ...we aren't cheering why would you be...that kind of thing....I don't mind the fans showing up to show their love and support of the team theyre fans....the players perhaps in a few days will appreciate the outpouring for what is was....love of the team but not of their performance. Im glad (I hope) noone was there hurling f bombs or acting the idiot like the people who would write telling a p;ayer to kill yourself...consider the source from those freaks and scrape em from your mind like poop off your shoe they are not worth your time more pity than anything. Goodness gracious

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

That is sick and disgusting. The tweet. As much as I love the Bills some of our fans are just pathetic. All fan bases have bad ones but seeing stuff like this and a few tidbits from our board tonight is pathetic. Over a game. 
Those guys are there to do a job, and are paid very nicely for it, but that kind of stuff is over the line. 

And I second this there kids out there no older then my son. People that do that aren’t fans there sick punks. I wish we could go back in time when I grow up if someone did something like that to me my dad would drive me to there house and talk to his dad and me and him would go in the backyard and handle it. Ps I have some of my best friends over 25 years I meet like that. Weak people hide behind text 

Higher stakes mean higher emotions

Some fans are going overboard with the negativity. Winning more and being in big games is going to take some getting used to for many.

Perspective is necessary. This is a young team at key positions. The offense is far from a developed product. 

The key thing to get used to is having a great season and having it end with a crushing loss and being able to handle it. That happens every year to 11 of the 12 best teams.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Lurker said:

The airport thing is so passe...

I agree. I've seen video from a few of these "welcome home" rallies, and it's ludicrous (to me) how they keep the fans behind a barbed wire fence, so unless the player(s) ventures over to the fence, the fans are ignored, and get zero "feelies."

Just now, John in Jax said:

I agree. I've seen video from a few of these "welcome home" rallies, and it's ludicrous (to me) how they keep the fans behind a barbed wire fence, so unless the player(s) ventures over to the fence, the fans are ignored, and get zero "feelies."

ever since JFK and 9/11.....

13 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Arguably the worst playoff team of the bunch after today's showing....much like 2017.  The players have changed but the outcome is the same.  

Yep. I really thought that this year was going to be different, but sadly, AS OF RIGHT NOW, they are the "same old Bills" we have seen for the past 25 years. They could have, and SHOULD HAVE won that game yesterday, but they didn't.

47 minutes ago, Margarita said:

the players didn't seem to acknowledge the fans all that much if anything I bet they felt kind of embarrassed like you are giving us more than we deserve tonight ...we aren't cheering why would you be...that kind of thing....I don't mind the fans showing up to show their love and support of the team theyre fans....the players perhaps in a few days will appreciate the outpouring for what is was....love of the team but not of their performance. Im glad (I hope) noone was there hurling f bombs or acting the idiot like the people who would write telling a p;ayer to kill yourself...consider the source from those freaks and scrape em from your mind like poop off your shoe they are not worth your time more pity than anything. Goodness gracious

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Patriots fans are so spoiled and obnoxious

I will SO enjoy watching their fanbase take turns roasting their "failed" hero.  If ever a team deserved to get stuck in the purgatory of a continual rebuild, it is the New England Patriots of today. 

Their current fans would throw themselves off of the tallest buildings around if they had to pull for some of the teams we've had over the last twenty years.

• Awesome! (+1) 1