Arrival at the Airport

CEN-CAL17

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Their livelihood?  They are millionaires man.  Not like they are playing to feed their family.   Seriously?  Come on man.  No way these guys care about this after this weekend.  We fans will think about this until September.  

Yes, they're millionaires and I don't begrudge them that, especially since they play a sport that can leave crippled or concussed in a heart beat.  And yes, this is how they feed their families.  These guys won't just forget this.  They'll carry the thought that they should have won the game and they didn't.   Yes losing hurts you as a fan.  You wouldn't be a real fan if it didn't.  But just dismissing your team because you're disappointed...I'm sorry.  I just can't get there.

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

that’s what I thought but watch the video on twitter. Very unfortunate what he said and unnecessary. I suspect he will regret some of what he said. 

Found it on the Bills website. 

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-we-go-on-in-the-offseason-and-keep-working

He was asked if he thought some plays Josh made were out of character from what we've seen since the Patriots game, just throwing it up for grabs ect.

I don't find fault with McDermott's answer. I think it was honest, and it didn't come off like he was throwing Josh under the bus.

The big headline from his presser that I would have led with is: McDermott says Bills need to convert more TD's and not settle for FG's.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have mixed feelings.  On the one hand, I’m not a fan who has a problem when disappointed fans boo

On the other hand then there’s this. We had a playoff game.  The players go hard.  No one deserves this crap.

So for people who want to show up and support, Godspeed and God Bless.

It’s a United charter flight, UA2532, it just departed Houston and it’s scheduled to land at 1:48.  Hope this helps.

That's bull####. You can't kick a guy when he is down. Not like that. 

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

Yes, they're millionaires and I don't begrudge them that, especially since they play a sport that can leave crippled or concussed in a heart beat.  And yes, this is how they feed their families.  These guys won't just forget this.  They'll carry the thought that they should have won the game and they didn't.   Yes losing hurts you as a fan.  You wouldn't be a real fan if it didn't.  But just dismissing your team because you're disappointed...I'm sorry.  I just can't get there.

I never dismissed the team bud.  My posit was that the team doesn't and will never care about losses as much as fans.  And do not say this is how they feed their families. While technically true...they feed their families for multiple decades on a single year's salary. Wake up.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, par73 said:

I don't get this airport thing-- standing out there in freezing cold to celebrate a team that blew a 16 pt. 3rd quarter lead. Participation trophy, I guess? What would happen if they actually won a big game?

Riots.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I never dismissed the team bud.  My posit was that the team doesn't and will never care about losses as much as fans.  And do not say this is how they feed their families. While technically true...they feed their families for multiple decades on a single year's salary. Wake up.

Totally disagree. I didn't do squat but sit on my couch watching this game. Those guys have spent their whole lives giving their blood, sweat and tears to play a game that may take decades off of their lives. There's no way you can possible say that a loss means more to you than to them.

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Look.....I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but this just isn't "a game" for some of us.  It means more.

But hey, I'm glad you can look at it that way.  Probably a lot easier to deal with losses feeling like that. Me, and others like me, will be feeling this until opening day.

I hear you.  I've been rooting for this team for better than 60 years.   That's lots of heart break and disappointment.   Today was no different.   I've gained perspective though.   In sports, there's always going to be a winner and a loser when it comes to a championship.  This was the first bite of that apple by this particular team.  It didn't go down so well.  I'm confident though that there will be more.  This team wasn't good enough today.  They got beat by a team that made more plays, who got beat the year before.   This team fought though.  They didn't give up and neither should we as their fans.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Totally disagree. I didn't do squat but sit on my couch watching this game. Those guys have spent their whole lives giving their blood, sweat and tears to play a game that may take decades off of their lives. There's no way you can possible say that a loss means more to you than to them.

Wait a week, or two, or three...we will still be bitching about it.  They will be on vaca.  Couldnt care less about the toll on their bodies considering their pay and the full knowledge of the risk.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Wait a week, or two, or three...we will still be bitching about it.  They will be on vaca.  Couldnt care less about the toll on their bodies considering their pay and the full knowledge of the risk.

No, in a week or two or three they will be training their bodies and trying to improve in order to come back and do it all over again. There's a level of sacrifice that most fans can't comprehend. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

You're dismissing their feelings because they're millionaires.  You're saying they don't care because they play football for a lot of money.   If they didn't,  would they be allowed to hurt after this loss?

Just now, Motorin' said:

No, in a week or two or three they will be training their bodies and trying to improve in order to come back and do it all over again. There's a level of sacrifice that most fans can't comprehend. 

Oh shoot.  I guess I didnt look at it that way.  Actually still doesn't matter.  Why would you defend this team?  Do you think they deserve it?  They embarrassed themselves.  Come on.  Grow up.

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I hope fans show up in droves at the airport tonight! This team is raw, young and still trying to gel after 1 season and lay it out on the line every game! As it stands now a majority of this squad will be back next year.

I hope the fans and the community show up in appreciation and celebrate the accomplishments of this team and staff.  I’m excited for the next couple years and the potential the player base has!

Go Bills! Bills Mafia rise up!

This is the wrong message man. Getting into the playoffs yes. Losing in them, no. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, wppete said:

Lost a lot of respect for McDermott today as a coach and a leader of this team especially after the post game comments. I’ll stay home tonight. 

I think coaching was a big issue in today's game.  Played it too close and it eventually caught them.  I listened to post game presser.  McD was upset to me, like he let players down kind of way upset.  I'm concerned about McD's conservative in game decisions.  You have to go for the jugular when the opportunity is there.  Bills could have blown out the Texans today but lose a squeaker.  Very frustrating.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, DCbillsfan said:

I think coaching was a big issue in today's game.  Played it too close and it eventually caught them.  I listened to post game presser.  McD was upset to me, like he let players down kind of way upset.  I'm concerned about McD's conservative in game decisions.  You have to go for the jugular when the opportunity is there.  Bills could have blown out the Texans today but lose a squeaker.  Very frustrating.

• Like (+1) 1