Arrival at the Airport

CEN-CAL17

Meh.  The airport stuff was cool and all, but I don’t think tonight is the time for it.  

This wasn’t a game by a team that I’m proud to be a fan of.  

Make no mistake.. I’m proud of this team, and the season we had, but this game shouldn’t be celebrated. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Meh.  The airport stuff was cool and all, but I don’t think tonight is the time for it.  

This wasn’t a game by a team that I’m proud to be a fan of.  

Make no mistake.. I’m proud of this team, and the season we had, but this game shouldn’t be celebrated. 

Amen

58 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Why?  Their performance shouldnt be condoned.  2017....yes....this year after being up 16 to 0....they should feel ashamed not appreciated.

I'm sure they feel worse than any of us.  They know they lost.  They were on the field playing hard...not in the stands or in front of TVs playing armchair quarterback. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Absolutely NOT OK.  Not OK to wish that on anyone.

With that said, to be against more reasonable criticism or negativity because of crap like this would be like being against praise and positivity because some take it to such extremes as becoming crazed stalkers.

There's a big difference between criticism and negativity. On the boards, a lot of Bills fan negativity boarders on the extreme.

Just now, jkeerie said:

I'm sure they feel worse than any of us.  They know they lost.  They were on the field playing hard...not in the stands or in front of TVs playing armchair quarterback. 

I disagree.  They had an actual ability to control the outcome.  Us fans are literally helpless to affect the outcome.  That makes it hurt more. Also not going on a millionaire vacation after the season ends also makes it harder on us fans.  

Fans that show up to the airport after a loss like this to congratulate the team are as bad as the fans who send death threats to players.

FFS, these guys are not amateurs or children. They get paid big bucks to play a game. They weren’t even huge underdogs in this game. 

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

I disagree.  They had an actual ability to control the outcome.  Us fans are literally helpless to affect the outcome.  That makes it hurt more. Also not going on a millionaire vacation after the season ends also makes it harder on us fans.  

Seriously?   It's just a game for us fans.  For the players, it's their livelihood.   It's what they do.  And because they didn't make the plays to have a positive outcome, they know they failed and that's not an easy thing to deal with. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Why dont you take it.  I imagine you keep it next to your crybaby of the year trophy.

"He can cry if he wants too, it's a free country" - Rad Tad from the Little Giants 

Just now, jkeerie said:

Seriously?   It's just a game for us fans.  For the players, it's their livelihood.   It's what they do.  And because they didn't make the plays to have a positive outcome, they know they failed and that's not an easy thing to deal with. 

Their livelihood?  They are millionaires man.  Not like they are playing to feed their family.   Seriously?  Come on man.  No way these guys care about this after this weekend.  We fans will think about this until September.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Look.....I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but this just isn't "a game" for some of us.  It means more.

But hey, I'm glad you can look at it that way.  Probably a lot easier to deal with losses feeling like that. Me, and others like me, will be feeling this until opening day or at least the start of the new league year.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, wppete said:

Lost a lot of respect for McDermott today as a coach and a leader of this team especially after the post game comments. I’ll stay home tonight. 

Did you watch the comments in context? I haven't yet, but intend to. I have a feeling his words are being taken out of context.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

Did you watch the comments in context? I haven't yet, but intend to. I have a feeling his words are being taken out of context.

that’s what I thought but watch the video on twitter. Very unfortunate what he said and unnecessary. I suspect he will regret some of what he said. 

• Like (+1) 1