Who cost us the game today?

Just now, Agent 91 said:

They were put in tough spots, but they did their job. 3 TDs wins this game. 3. 21 points a game is pedestrian and that's all we needed to do

Offense could have done more.  Duke catches the ball in the end zone, better blocking, etc.  but the question seemed to me to be pick one thing that cost the game.  And you can’t just give up 19 points in a row like that.

Frank Gore lost us the game. Singletary had 4.5 YPC. Gore had 2.8 YPC. Yet he had 8 rushes to Singlerary's 13 rushes. One of his rushes went for 14 yards, the other 7 averaged 1 yard per carry. That's 7 plays in a close football game that we essentially threw away. I don't think any other player in this game had that many wasted plays, not even Allen. Worst of all, 2 of those rushes were on the 2 most critical drives of the game.

Oh did I say Frank Gore? I meant Brian Daboll.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 plays I think that contributed most to the loss ... the 3rd and 18 on defense, the bull crap blindside block play, the Duke drop in the end zone and the Allen fumble.

Honorable mention goes to the play where Milano and Neal both blitzed perfectly and got home for a would be 12 yard sack and likely drive ender and ended up keeping Watson upright magically and then he rolls out and hits the rb who runs for 30 more yards. Sigh

• Like (+1) 1

McD is responsible for Gore wasting about 7 plays

Daboll is not getting a HC job and I guess he will be back. That playcalling was weird, in the 1st half is was aggressive and in the 2nd half and OT it was just ugly.

Allen is the QB and shoulders the loss, that was utterly horrid QB play from the 3rd Qtr to OT. One thing is for sure, being 6'5 does not mean you can see the field. Bree's is 6'0 and has 100 times better field vision and awareness than Allen. If guys are running wide open but Allen just can't see them is Daboll doing a bad job? 

1 hour ago, CoudyBills said:

Couple huge WR flubs, Brown and Duke.

Running Gore in 2020, Dumbell

Josh fumbling the ball away.

Defense getting small in big time.

Forgot the oline.  End of the game there was a play where they didn't touch freakin JJ Watt.  

Yeah, how did neither Josh or Morse recognize that nobody was there to block him?  Also, empty backfield again.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The "Committee of Common Sense Prevails" officials who decided the called Bills TD wasn't a TD.

was bizarre hearing John Parry and Booger McFarland chant “common sense prevails!  Common sense prevails!!!!!!!” for like three whole minutes after the reversal. 

Allen made some bad decisions and took terrible sacks that he never should have. I'd place the bulk of the blame on him. But I think he deserves the bulk of the credit for having us in the game in the first place.

On specific plays in over time, the defense choked. On the 3rd and 18 they did a terrible job keeping the play in front of them and making the tackle (which is strange because they are normally good at that). On the Watson would-be sack, they didn't wrap him up. They just hit him. This defense needs some more fundamental tackling drills.

I didn't like the wasted time and going for a field goal at the end of the 1st half. They should have tried to score. So that's on the coaching staff.

So it's a team loss to me.

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

add the defense giving up the 3rd and 18 not to mention 19 pts in the second half

But it all points to the coaches

I was at the game the coach is went into that prevent pretty much the whole game and especially in the second half.  They hardly blitzed. McD better stop being so conservative he’s going to find himself without a job pretty soon he always tries to shorten the game by doing that in the second half and it backfires 

Edited by popcornpam
  • Like (+1) 2