Who cost us the game today?

Allen's hands which have some trouble holding onto the ball.  Allen's brain which caused him to lateral the ball to nowhere.  Allen's football sense which caused him to take some really foolish sacks at the worst possible time.  I like Allen, and I think he's going to be really good.  He's already pretty good.  He's a playmaker on a team with too few playmakers and he's a a gamer who almost led the team back to win, but his inexperience cost us this game. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Love the fans blaming the QB who had 372 yards of offense and your only touchdown.  Give me a break.   The blind side call was horrible and defensive tackling was atrocious again.  

Go and find some play makers.  #17 had a ton of heart tonight.

And a great many mistakes...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NOVA fan said:

Allen's hands which have some trouble holding onto the ball.  Allen's brain which caused him to lateral the ball to nowhere.  Allen's football sense which caused him to take some really foolish sacks at the worst possible time.  I like Allen, and I think he's going to be really good.  He's already pretty good.  He's a playmaker on a team with too few playmakers and he's a a gamer who almost led the team back to win, but his inexperience cost us this game. 

Sense you make? Not allowed 

1 minute ago, NOVA fan said:

Plenty of blame to go around but Allen's play I thought is pretty low on the list.

• Like (+1) 1

In chronological order:

1. The overthrow by 6 inches to Smoke

2. The Duke EZ drop 

3. The JJ Watt sack

4. the drop in intensity and lapses in concentration by the defence 

5. A series of bone headed plays by Josh

6. The teflon tackling of Watson at various stages

7. The dodgy spot on the Hopkins reception in OT

8. The colossally bad zone setup on 3rd and 18

9. The missed double chance sack by Milano and ??

All underpinned by some mind boggling play calling on offense.

Yeah, there's definitely room for improvement next season.

Now bring on the draft - after I get severely drunk!!

14 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Love the fans blaming the QB who had 372 yards of offense and your only touchdown.  Give me a break.   The blind side call was horrible and defensive tackling was atrocious again.  

Go and find some play makers.  #17 had a ton of heart tonight.

Heart is nice, but Watson had heart too in addition to the headiness to not make atrocious decisions when his team needs him to lead.

I lost about all faith in Josh on that moronic lateral.  He’s a great athlete with heart, but I don’t see the promised land as long as he’s pulling the trigger.  A long, deep, cross field throw to your fullback is not much better.

Before you say Josh is young, Watson is only 8 months older and makes good decisions when needed.  Josh loses his mind when things get intense against legit competition.

To answer the original question though, this was a team loss.  Way too many errors to put it on any one person.  PLENTY of blame to go round.

BS block call.

Numerous uncalled delay of games.

Bad spot for a first down.

Two(!!!) guys missing the block on Cunningham on the QB sweep. Effing infuriating.

The whole D backfield dropping too deep in n 3/18.

JA missing Duke on a low throw.

2 minutes ago, familykwi said:

Heart is nice, but Watson had heart too in addition to the headiness to not make atrocious decisions when his team needs him to lead.

I lost about all faith in Josh on that moronic lateral.  He’s a great athlete with heart, but I don’t see the promised land as long as he’s pulling the trigger.  A long, deep, cross field throw to your fullback is not much better.

Before you say Josh is young, Watson is only 8 months older and makes good decisions when needed.  Josh loses his mind when things get intense against legit competition.

To answer the original question though, this was a team loss.  Way too many errors to put it on any one person.  PLENTY of blame to go round.

Allen played pretty much on par with Watson tonight.   The lateral cost the Bills exactly nothing.

The Bills lost tonight because the coaches took the foot off the gas.  Allen was, and has been many times during the season the Bills entire offense.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I put it on the Head coach.

Game was there to be put away by halftime but his conservativeness left ot open like many times this season.

This absolutely has to change

This.  McDermott got the lead and went conservative with almost all runs.  He let Houston hang around and they found a way to seize the momentum.  Don't microanalyze the individual failures.

It's not on Daboll.  Look at the game he called to that point.  He was told under McD to limit the playcalling.

Continuous improvement Sean.  You neutered our offense and it was the beginning of the end.

You had Houston on the mat and instead of that last finishing move for the pin, you were content to ride on their backs hoping the lead would hold up.  Not good for our offense's confidence either.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm a fan of McD overall and glad he's our coach.  He just needs to modify his philosophy here.

We do need to grow up also.  Great season though.  Obvious optimism for the future!8

43 minutes ago, jav said:

Coaching

1)You can't play not to lose: punting from 40 yd line on 4th and 5 when you're up 16-0 with all the momentum

2)Holding back blitz multiple times in obvious passing situations--if you give an NFL QB enough time--especially a good one--he will find an open WR

3)Time management at end of first half, bungling an opportunity to go for TD instead of settle for FG

4)Underutilizing Singletary (Gore should see the field only to give Singletary a breather) and Beasley

Milano--how many tackles can one guy miss?

Cody Ford--he's not a RT, he 's a RG: give him help and/or move him inside--see coaching above

?