Who cost us the game today?

In terms of the final drive, it comes down to Millano not making the sack in OT, although Hyde should have had it before that could happen.

Over the course of the second half, I put a lot on the coaches for not adjusting to what the Texans were doing...

• Like (+1) 3

There was no one thing that beat us. Different plays took opportunities away from us. Mistake on D cost us. Why Gore was handed the ball on 2nd and ten in the red zone blew my mind that late in the game. Josh took two brutal sacks, but the second one on 4th and 28 I thought was a terrible position to go for it. We had 3 timeouts, should of just tried to back them up with a punt.  I think we had 3 receptions where WRs were unaware of the sidelines. That’s brutal. 

And then there was the refs....3 extra refs come on the field to talk over the kick return TD but none of them notice the play clock at zero.

Edited by BananaB

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

That’s weak. 

John Brown’s fail was epic.

Duke’s Drops.

Josh’s Implosion.

The Oline unable to block 4 rushers with 5 guys for 3 seconds.

Cody Ford. Everything Cody Ford.

Knox’s missed block.

Dimarco’s missed block. 

That about covers it. People can blame Daboll or the Refs but the plays were there. If Duke catches that ball, Watt never gets they sacked and the crowd and team may have checked out. 

All true.  

Reminder.  Duke Williams for some reason has been inactive all year.

22 targets the last 2 games.  

13 minutes ago, fishgrappler said:

McDemott

Daboll 
Allen

No argument here and in this order. Josh as he usually does made spectacular plays and dumbass plays. Hope this kid gets smarter? McDermott has no clue how to manage time. First half with 1:08 on the 30 and 1st down with 2 timeouts. Clappy completely butchered that 1:08. And the #1 reason we lost is both Brian & Sean decided 16 pts was all they needed. We've seen this movie ALL YEAR. 

Go Conservative 

Go Home

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

That’s weak. 

Duke’s Drops.

Josh’s Implosion.

Knox’s missed block.

Dimarco’s missed block. 

That about covers it. People can blame Daboll or the Refs but the plays were there. If Duke catches that ball, Watt never gets they sacked and the crowd and team may have checked out. 

add Morse's complete whiff on the QB sweep that might have put the Bills in game winning FG range.

Just now, CommonCents said:

That’s weak. 

Duke’s Drops.

Josh’s Implosion.

Knox’s missed block.

Dimarco’s missed block. 

Sure the plays were there.  That's not the point.

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Defense.  Can’t give up 19 straight points.

The defense is why we lost, huh?

Josh Allen is pretty much incapable of scoring points 20 or greater in a football game, particularly if we are playing against a good team.

How many playoff football games do you think this franchise is going to win in the years ahead with a quarterback who can't get the scoreboard out of the teens?

The defense played one hell of a strong game today.  Not perfect, but way good enough to win, if we had any kind of offensive strength whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

I don't think I would have wanted to win that way.

Trust me I think it's for the best that didn't happen.  For a week we'd be hearing how we "didn't deserve it" if we only won by 7.  

Oh, I agree. That one was a doozy ... kind of like that technical coin flip called incorrectly thing the ref pulled a couple weeks ago, but with far greater consequences. But still ... it that TD had stood, the game was over.

BTW, we covered the spread all you gamblers out there.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The entire team. The offense didn't score enough points early when they had the mojo and the defense didn't get enough key stops late in the game.

Allen deserves blame. Receivers deserve blame. OL deserves blame. Defense deserves blame.

Total TEAM loss.

No one can blame Hauschka.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh Allen is pretty much incapable of scoring points 20 or greater in a football game, particularly if we are playing against a good team.

How many playoff football games do you think this franchise is going to win in the years ahead with a quarterback who can't get the scoreboard out of the teens?

The defense played one hell of a strong game today.  Not perfect, but way good enough to win, if we had any kind of offensive strength whatsoever.

Except for when they had to make a stop; like allowing a 3rd and 18 and not wrapping up Watson for an easy sack.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Who led the team down the field to tie it in regulation?  Who put them in position to win in OT before the ridiculous penalty call?  He wasn’t perfect of course but you can Take your blame Allen  for everything crap and stick it.  Defense gave up 19 straights points.

• Like (+1) 1