Who cost us the game today?

15 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Frank Gore lost us the game. Singletary had 4.5 YPC. Gore had 2.8 YPC. Yet he had 8 rushes to Singlerary's 13 rushes. One of his rushes went for 14 yards, the other 7 averaged 1 yard per carry. That's 7 plays in a close football game that we essentially threw away. I don't think any other player in this game had that many wasted plays, not even Allen. Worst of all, 2 of those rushes were on the 2 most critical drives of the game.

Oh did I say Frank Gore? I meant Brian Daboll.

A Gore rush is essentially a kneel down.

16 hours ago, GregPersons said:

It was a team effort. 

Tremaine Edmunds had some brutal misses.

Josh Allen, obviously.

There were some catches I wish Duke had come down with.

If only Milano had completed the sack in OT.

Every one has a cross to bear today.

Milano plays LB like a DB. He has failed to wrap up constantly. He also looks totally out of control on his blitzes. One small step by the opposing QB and he whiffs big time. He made me furious a number of times yesterday.

36 minutes ago, Billl said:

Realistically Buffalo had the opportunity to select 5 different QBs that ultimately went in the first round.  In 2017, they passed on Mahomes and Watson.  Mahomes already has an MVP and is watching games from home with a bye.  Watson just beat the Bills and will be facing Mahomes in KC next weekend.  In 2018 they passed on Rosen (bust) and Jackson who also has an MVP award and is also sitting at home with a bye.

IMO, Allen was the worst possible selection of the 5.  At least Rosen busted hard enough that Arizona moved on.  Josh Cutler seems to be the emperor that is walking down the street with no clothes on yet nobody wants to admit what couldn’t be more obvious.  Drop a $30,000,000 price tag on him and watch what the franchise does.  Mahomes is about to set the market in the $40,000,000 per year range.  He could legitimately make a run at a billion in career earnings not even counting endorsements if he plays for 20 years.  Is anyone really prepared to pay Josh even 75% of that, because that’s what a franchise QB his age is going to command.

Great hot take. You will be loved by Banger, Rober et al.....Enjoy !

31 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Josh in a nutshell is the last throw he attempted yesterday.

After the penalty, facing 3rd and 24 from the Buffalo 43 yardline against the Texans D, with their secondary giving a 20 yard cushion to our receivers.

Josh takes the snap, looks to his right, and throws the ball at Duke Williams feet, incomplete, with the nearest defender being 20 yards away. 

Josh has a nice highlight reel, but his inability to execute simple passes like that one is why his QB Rating is so low, and why ultimately why our offense scores so few points. 

You miss Watt smacking his arm during the throw causing the ball to land short?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billl said:

If you want the truth, read any other team's message board.  Every fan without a dog in the fight can see the obvious, and that is that Allen was not just bad.  He was a clown out there.  He fumbled once by just straight dropping the ball.  Very nearby fumbled again a split second after his knee touched, threw two consecutive passes that should have been intercepted for touchdowns, threw a ridiculous jump ball to a freaking fullback in double coverage, had another interception dropped by a DB, made the most ridiculous lateral I've ever seen, and took an intentional grounding  penalty that ultimately cost the game. 

Yeah he made his typical 3-4 spectacular plays that only a few QBs in the league can make, but he simply can't be counted on not to crap the bed.  If Houston had been able to capitalize on half of his terrible mistakes, this game would have been a blowout.  You can live with the gunslinger mentality with a guy who lights up a scoreboard, but Josh doesn't do that.  What's more is that his dumb mistakes aren't even the result of him being aggressive and trusting his arm to hit tight windows.  They're just stupid. 

Fall in love with the flash plays at your own risk.  Ultimately there's a reason his numbers stunk in high school, junior college, college, and now the NFL.  He looks the part.  He talks the part.  He just doesn't play the part.  Every other fan base recognizes it.  Here's what fans of the Chiefs thought about it the game that would help determine their next opponent.  http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327756&page=69

0 star recruit for a reason.

McDermott ultimately responsible but this was on Daboll because the offensive game plan for the second half was complete conservative garbage. Two completely different Bills offensives in the first and second half. At 16-0 they should of stepped on Houston's throat. McClappy's conservative approach cost his team a win. This team needs to go for the jugular and finish teams and not run Frank Gore up the middle and punt. I'm glad it happened. It taught McDermott a lesson and he will have to chew on that all off-season. Then he threw his young quarterback under the bus by saying he tried to do too much. Bad look. Hey Sean if your game plan didn't suck monkey nuts in the second half maybe Josh wouldn't of had to play with desperation.

McDermott 

Frazier

Daboll

The loss is squarely on the coaches.  Up 16 with 20 minutes to play and they played prevent. They get a huge Hughes sack and they drop 25 yards on 3rd and 18. Daboll went run heavy formations and then threw the ball to Lee Smith, DiMarco, and Williams.  I have no issue with trying to run the ball. It was working.  But why so few targets to Beasley.  Daboll made too many week to week changes.  No identity to the offense all year. And after Watt showed he could be effective, he gave Ford no help. 

We were outcoached, plain and simple.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Spiderweb said:

Milano plays LB like a DB. He has failed to wrap up constantly. He also looks totally out of control on his blitzes. One small step by the opposing QB and he whiffs big time. He made me furious a number of times yesterday.

Milano has always been an overachiever who is not big enough to be an elite LB. He is fine if he is the third best LB. They need a major upgrade at OLB. 

If it were me, I would move Edmunds to OLB and find a real MLB. The kid just doesn't make plays at MLB like the truly elite ones. Can he get better? Maybe but we have been saying that for 33 games now.  If they are still committed to Edmunds at MLB which I suspect they are, then an OLB has to be top priority in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

None of the above, I blame the defense for allowing Houston to cross the goal line 4 times in last twenty minutes or so of regulation.  If you want to blame McD for that then OK, but more put it on the players.

Edmunds crapped the bed again, but Frazier or McD(whoever was calling the D) choked again. They let up on pressure and played Hopkins in single coverage too often. 

No blame here, but it sure looked like Edmunds could've taken that fumble a long way. Oliver was trying to get him up, and he finally did but too late. Would like to see a wide view of that play.

3 hours ago, Billl said:

If you want the truth, read any other team's message board.  Every fan without a dog in the fight can see the obvious, and that is that Allen was not just bad.  He was a clown out there.  He fumbled once by just straight dropping the ball.  Very nearby fumbled again a split second after his knee touched, threw two consecutive passes that should have been intercepted for touchdowns, threw a ridiculous jump ball to a freaking fullback in double coverage, had another interception dropped by a DB, made the most ridiculous lateral I've ever seen, and took an intentional grounding  penalty that ultimately cost the game. 

Yeah he made his typical 3-4 spectacular plays that only a few QBs in the league can make, but he simply can't be counted on not to crap the bed.  If Houston had been able to capitalize on half of his terrible mistakes, this game would have been a blowout.  You can live with the gunslinger mentality with a guy who lights up a scoreboard, but Josh doesn't do that.  What's more is that his dumb mistakes aren't even the result of him being aggressive and trusting his arm to hit tight windows.  They're just stupid. 

Fall in love with the flash plays at your own risk.  Ultimately there's a reason his numbers stunk in high school, junior college, college, and now the NFL.  He looks the part.  He talks the part.  He just doesn't play the part.  Every other fan base recognizes it.  Here's what fans of the Chiefs thought about it the game that would help determine their next opponent.  http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327756&page=69

The part that's missing here is context. You're posting real time reactions to a crazy game by other fan bases and they're talking about the prospect of facing a second year QB at home in the conference semis not a projection of his career. Unless that QB is Mahomes or Lamar you're probably looking for that too if you're Chiefs.

Josh might be the one who cost the game yesterday but he was also arguably the best player on the field through 2.5 quarters. I think we (and NFL fans) are going to have a slightly different perspective on this season and this game in a few months.   

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

None of the above, I blame the defense for allowing Houston to cross the goal line 4 times in last twenty minutes or so of regulation.  If you want to blame McD for that then OK, but more put it on the players.

Did we watch the same game? Daboll called 46 pass plays in a game we were winning or tied for almost the entire game. Having your young QB directly involved in 56 plays(46 passes, 9 runs & 1 catch) and only handing the rock to the RBs 21 times, 56 vs 21, did I mention we were winning or tied for almost the entire game. Singletary was slipping tackles & carrying defenders when he got to run, but only had 13 rushes, ya know...the whole lead or tied for almost the whole game thing again. Horrific play calling after Daboll got past his first 15 scripted plays. Where were the play-action passes, that help a young QB out? Where were the screens and max protection when the Texans started really getting pressure on Josh. Why did Duke play more snaps than Beasley when the Texans struggled against slot receivers. Why were Pat DiMarco, Lee Smith, Tyler Croft & Frank Gore on the field when Singletary & Beasley were on the sidelines? Daboll was the BIGGEST reason why we lost this game.

The defense giving up 22 points from the 1:33 mark of the 3rd quarter on when we only gave up 22 points or more in 3 games this year. Giving up big 3rd downs including a 3rd & 18. Big plays like the Hopkins play and the OT play that set up the game winning FG, those plays in those moments we never gave up this year. Trying a 4th and 27 play with 3 timeouts? Those are on Frazier & McClappy, mostly McClappy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, TPS said:

No blame here, but it sure looked like Edmunds could've taken that fumble a long way. Oliver was trying to get him up, and he finally did but too late. Would like to see a wide view of that play.

There were penalties on the play that would have rendered it moot if I recall correctly