Who cost us the game today?

30 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Because as much as that was a debacle, the offense not scoring in the 2nd half other than a FG is a bigger issue.

This offense is a problem, it was a problem all year...but we were winning games. The fact that they played against an awful defense & couldn't put up no more than 19pts is a serious issue.

Yup.  You can't rely on your defense to be great ALL THE TIME.  Look at the niners defense against NO game a month or so ago back when they gave up 46 points and still won.

Need to upgrade RT (move Ford to guard), complimentary RB, and are in desperate need of a true #1 WR. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No argument here and in this order. Josh as he usually does made spectacular plays and dumbass plays. Hope this kid gets smarter? McDermott has no clue how to manage time. First half with 1:08 on the 30 and 1st down with 2 timeouts. Clappy completely butchered that 1:08. And the #1 reason we lost is both Brian & Sean decided 16 pts was all they needed. We've seen this movie ALL YEAR. 

Go Conservative 

Go Home

Agreed. We were screaming at the TV to run a play, and they had no desire to try to score a TD. To me, the opposite of "fearless."

30 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Nobody played especially bad

nobody played particularly well

if I had to blame somebody it’s probably Daboll 

I can't even blame Daboll too much, Josh is not a finish product & he's not calling plays that will put him in a bad spot. So his play calling is very limited. 

The great thing about football is that it truly is the ultimate team sport, You can blame Allen, McDermott, Daboll, the Defense, Special Teams and the list goes on but the true answer would be all of them. If we only made more plays on defense, if our special teams would have scored or got us in better position to kick the OT winner, if Allen would have thrown for 20 more yards in OT we could have won, if Daboll didn't hold back his play calling in the 2nd half. All phases of our team should have played better and we didn't want it more than the Texans on this day but there will be a scapegoat or a few of them for this and we'll find out soon enough, there always is imo.

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

Because as much as that was a debacle, the offense not scoring in the 2nd half other than a FG is a bigger issue.

This offense is a problem, it was a problem all year...but we were winning games. The fact that they played against an awful defense & couldn't put up no more than 19pts is a serious issue.

They need better players on offense for sure, but this one is mostly on the coaches and their unwillingness to close the door on HOU. 

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Allen’s fumble started the avalanche 

That’s an excuse for poor play that followed. It was about 25  yards of field position different from a punt. 

9 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I cost the Bills the game when I ordered pizza and wings from a different place.  NEVER AGAIN!!

On that note, I cost the Bills the game soon as I told my friends "Tre Day is making Nuke have a bad day at the office" at halftime. ??

I just re watched the highlights. The inability to be aggressive and score touchdowns in the 3rd quarter especially when you have a team on the ropes is absolutely inexcusable. Buffalo had countless chances to put this game out of reach and just let them hang around. The over conservative nature of mcdermott when Buffalo has a lead is of huge concern and has been all year. 

Edited by The Firebaugh Kid
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Kroft’s holding call played a big part. I pray to god we’ve seen the last of him!

That was brutal but he should not have been in that match up. RB should have chipped in. He was was looking for someone to block.

14 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

The shorter answer is Who Didn’t cost us the game?

Reid Ferguson

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Love the fans blaming the QB who had 372 yards of offense and your only touchdown.  Give me a break.   The blind side call was horrible and defensive tackling was atrocious again.  

Go and find some play makers.  #17 had a ton of heart tonight.

Or maybe, if you’re only TD is on a gimmicky play where your QB ended up catching a pass rather than throwing it, your QB didn’t have a great day chucking the football around...

14 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Love the fans blaming the QB who had 372 yards of offense and your only touchdown.  Give me a break.   The blind side call was horrible and defensive tackling was atrocious again.  

Go and find some play makers.  #17 had a ton of heart tonight.

Agreed.... he just does some wacky sh..t sometimes. 
The coaching in the second half is inexcusable

The lack of good execution on O and D in the 2nd Half along with suspect play calling. That is what cost us the game. 

But I am okay with the season overall, very many people never thought we would have a winning record this season, Oh, and the patsies lost so I’m happy there. ???

Go Bills!!!

If you want the truth, read any other team's message board.  Every fan without a dog in the fight can see the obvious, and that is that Allen was not just bad.  He was a clown out there.  He fumbled once by just straight dropping the ball.  Very nearby fumbled again a split second after his knee touched, threw two consecutive passes that should have been intercepted for touchdowns, threw a ridiculous jump ball to a freaking fullback in double coverage, had another interception dropped by a DB, made the most ridiculous lateral I've ever seen, and took an intentional grounding  penalty that ultimately cost the game. 

Yeah he made his typical 3-4 spectacular plays that only a few QBs in the league can make, but he simply can't be counted on not to crap the bed.  If Houston had been able to capitalize on half of his terrible mistakes, this game would have been a blowout.  You can live with the gunslinger mentality with a guy who lights up a scoreboard, but Josh doesn't do that.  What's more is that his dumb mistakes aren't even the result of him being aggressive and trusting his arm to hit tight windows.  They're just stupid. 

Fall in love with the flash plays at your own risk.  Ultimately there's a reason his numbers stunk in high school, junior college, college, and now the NFL.  He looks the part.  He talks the part.  He just doesn't play the part.  Every other fan base recognizes it.  Here's what fans of the Chiefs thought about it the game that would help determine their next opponent.  http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327756&page=69

• Like (+1) 2