Post Playoff Game - Is Josh Allen the Bills Franchise QB?

Bakin

Post Playoff Game - Is Josh Allen the Bills Franchise QB?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh our Man?

I am more convinced then ever after this game that Allen is the guy. 

Would anyone in their right mind argue that Watson & Jackson aren't the franchise QB's for their respective teams?  Well take a look at how they played in their first playoff games which were played at home.  Allen accounted for 372 of the Bills 425 yards today - enough said.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Josh Allen was today what he has always been. He is that girl in that relationship in which 50% is great and 50% sucks and you think you can change that relationship to 100% great. It hasn’t happened in his career at any level, and it won’t happen now.

This is hilarious ... take a read when you have a minute ... one of the best satirical pieces of sports journalism I have ever read ... priceless lol 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/thank-you-josh-allen-bills

Edited by SeattleBills
  • Vomit 1

4 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Y’all are way overreacting. Let him learn how to win. Let the whole team and the coaching staff learn to win. 

It's kinda funny. I feel we have a qb, OC and HC all young and trying to learn at the same time and pace. We all knew Josh was projected to take longer than most. I think that same timeline goes for McDermott  and even Dumboll to some degree. This is year 2 for the qb and his inconsistent OC. And only year 3 for Sean. Maybe they all converge for next year? It will take upgrading many area's of the offense.  It will take McD & Daboll to end their reign of conservative terror. I don't know if Daboll deserves to survive but hopefully they all converge someday?

He's exciting as hell to watch, other than that the jury's still out. 

20 minutes ago, SeattleBills said:

Josh Allen was today what he has always been. He is that girl in that relationship in which 50% is great and 50% sucks and you think you can change that relationship to 100% great. It hasn’t happened in his career at any level, and it won’t happen now.

This is hilarious ... take a read when you have a minute ... one of the best satirical pieces of sports journalism I have ever read ... priceless lol 

This comment from twitter made me laugh:

I really identify with how Josh Allen just randomly completely forgets how to do his whole job

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I find it hilarious that no one has created a thread about that single play.

Or perhaps his "Hail Mary" pass he threw up for grabs while in OT in a playoff game.

That is "can't happen" stuff and it's still happening from him.

And then the late throws, the fumble problems, the blitz problem, the reading defenses problem, the accuracy problem, the long ball problem....

How long does he get?!  

You can stick for another team or we can always bring back Tyrod Taylor ?‍♂️

26 minutes ago, SeattleBills said:

You don’t have to stick for them 

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

That lateral with 1:04 left in regulation lol ?

People were saying it was good play because it stopped the clock!!!

You mention there being 1:04 left on clock, there were a few plays that felt like they were desperate last play of the game plays, when there was actually lots of time left. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TuelTime said:

What would the cost be to bring Allen back next year if he was franchised? I'm guessing its around 30 million. Would you take a 30 mil hit on the salary cap for next year? If the answer is no, he ain't your franchise QB.

I think its important the Bills pick up a much better #2 QB, and/or draft a mid-rounder. Like the Titans and Mariota, Allen may need to be benched next year in order to save their season.

I forgot people like you still existed the ones that where calling for Jeff Tuel to actually start a professional football game 

1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

Yes but we don't have Wilson or rapelessburger, we have Josh who can compete if he has time to throw

He had all the time in the world through 3 and a half quarters and mustered 16 points. If he can't get it done with that line, we need to replace him.

7 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I forgot people like you still existed the ones that where calling for Jeff Tuel to actually start a professional football game 

Yeah, and its people like you who thought EJ Manuel had a high ceiling and just needed more time to "develop"...

54 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's kinda funny. I feel we have a qb, OC and HC all young and trying to learn at the same time and pace. We all knew Josh was projected to take longer than most. I think that same timeline goes for McDermott  and even Dumboll to some degree. This is year 2 for the qb and his inconsistent OC. And only year 3 for Sean. Maybe they all converge for next year? It will take upgrading many area's of the offense.  It will take McD & Daboll to end their reign of conservative terror. I don't know if Daboll deserves to survive but hopefully they all converge someday?

This is the correct answer. 

9 new starters on O.

Find me one team with a 2nd year QB that has success (playoff wins) in this situation.  Just one I'll wait.  

Edited by Big Blitz

5 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

They let him play aggressively the entire 4th quarter and in OT.  What are you talking about? 

He failed miserably when they put the game in his hands.   This is exactly the reason he's been coached conservatively, to hide his flaws. 

can say the same about golden boy tre - just let them 49 yd dimes drop.

29 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

Yeah, and its people like you who thought EJ Manuel had a high ceiling and just needed more time to "develop"...

In ot Josh completed two 3 and 9s and if Cody Ford doesn’t get called for a ridiculous penalty he had them in range to attempt a field goal The EJ Manuel’s of the world don’t do that 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Yes. He is in his second year taking us to OT in a wild card game. Read that again.  Yes he has discipline issues and some accuracy issues, but it can be cleaned up. I don’t like our OC. It’s not a good fit. 

Without that defense and the soft schedule he doesn’t sniff the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

With the exception of the Vikings game last year I have yet to see Allen win the Bills a game. Sure he has had a few game winning drives but lets be real... the defense keeps him in the game. This team would go further with 27/28 other QBs. 

We got to see it all in the WC game.

The kid made a lot of good/great plays and then he just made you shake your head.

He is a 23 year old QB playing in his biggest game ever in a very hostile environment  and I think he got a bit rattled.

So what? I think he puts this one in the memory banks and we get a better QB as a result.

The Bills were 6-3 on the road this year 8-3 if you count PS games.

Did anyone think that was possible when the season started?

The Bills were pegged by all the talking heads as a 5 or 6 win team on the whole season by all the talking heads.

Did Watson win his first playoff game?

NO he didn't and it was at home!

We couldn't expect Watson to suck the joint out forever

Josh is our Franchise QB lets get behind him:)