Post Playoff Game - Is Josh Allen the Bills Franchise QB?

Bakin

Post Playoff Game - Is Josh Allen the Bills Franchise QB?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh our Man?

9 minutes ago, GG said:

Let me slow it down for you Johnny.

Josh Allen is the most athletic raw QB prospect the Bills had in a long time, and everyone should have been prepared for a long learning curve.  He was bad last year, and took pretty big strides this year, but not enough to establish himself as a true NFL QB.  But that doesn't mean that at this point in time, he's a bust, and that's why NEXT YEAR IS CRITICAL to see if he can clear the hurdle.

Did you understand the words that were capitalized?   If you are tired of the cliche of waiting until the next season, then what is your solution to the apparent Josh Allen problem? 

So....GG boy....the question was "is Allen a franchise QB"?  My response:  not yet.  You might have an overactive imagination but I stated my case...you provided a lame rebuttal...move on.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's absolutely true that I never wanted him, and I've been forced to  justify that against folks that fall all over themselves to put him on the wall of fame because he ate a chicken wing that one time. He seems  like a good kid, but if you think he has what it takes to start in this league you haven't been paying attention. All of the QBs playing football this weekend and next were immediately elite (Besides Tannehill and Cousins was up and down), beating up on the elite QB's of past generations the second they stepped on the field.

Allen in 2 seasons has yet to destroy anyone. The closest is probably the Minnesota game. Are we just going to walk into next year and he's throwing for 5k yards or winning a league MVP? I don't think so, and if he's not doing that then he's not good enough in today's NFL. He's a nice story, but I want a freak of nature that destroys everything in their path.

That's what worries me. We've talked about his before: in the last couple decades, the future great QBs have shown it from the very start. Watson, Mahomes, Rodgers, Lamar, even Jimmy G. -- all almost immediately (once they saw playing time) seemed to just "get it" right away. Josh? Not so much. Maybe you could compare him to Tanny or Cousins, but that's not really what we're hoping to have in him.

Just now, thunderingsquid said:

Absolutely.  We get a right tackle that's not a turnstile and Josh won't be getting assaulted as much.

Watson got sacked 7 times to Josh's 0 until the 4th. What's his excuse. Russel Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger have won SB's behind dog**** OL's. It's a lame excuse.

15 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

So....GG boy....the question was "is Allen a franchise QB"?  My response:  not yet.  You might have an overactive imagination but I stated my case...you provided a lame rebuttal...move on.

Not yet is not an answer to a binary yes/no question. 

Thanks for playing.  

3 hours ago, Reader said:

Are you basing this on his play today in his first playoff spot ever or on the trajectory and improvement he has shown since entering the league. You've given us a binary question for something that does not deserve a binary answer. If he plateaus, no. If he continues to improve, yes.

Yes it’s a binary question. Because it’s how you feel today. It would be silly if he won a Super Bowl and we asked that question.
knowing what you know today - Is he going to be our franchise QB?  

7 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

And yet it is not YOUR question...and yet your sensitive nature compels you to reply.  Will you reply to this?  My guess is....yes.

Aren't you the little snowflake. 

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

He gets one more year to show major improvement.

If the bone head plays and lack of awareness doesn't improve drastically, time to find someone new. He needs to start completing the easy passes to wide open guys regularly. 

This team is a QB away from contending for a Super Bowl. 

With that second half defensive performance?  there is no super bowl contention happening 

48 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's absolutely true that I never wanted him, and I've been forced to  justify that against folks that fall all over themselves to put him on the wall of fame because he ate a chicken wing that one time. He seems  like a good kid, but if you think he has what it takes to start in this league you haven't been paying attention. All of the QBs playing football this weekend and next were immediately elite (Besides Tannehill and Cousins was up and down), beating up on the elite QB's of past generations the second they stepped on the field.

Allen in 2 seasons has yet to destroy anyone. The closest is probably the Minnesota game. Are we just going to walk into next year and he's throwing for 5k yards or winning a league MVP? I don't think so, and if he's not doing that then he's not good enough in today's NFL. He's a nice story, but I want a freak of nature that destroys everything in their path.

I agree, he's JAG. I think the reason guys love him so much is he's a blue collar guy and he's the best the Bills have had in a long time. Both of which aren't saying much. 

44 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Watson got sacked 7 times to Josh's 0 until the 4th. What's his excuse. Russel Wilson and Ben Roethlisberger have won SB's behind dog**** OL's. It's a lame excuse.

Yes but we don't have Wilson or rapelessburger, we have Josh who can compete if he has time to throw

16 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

And.........you replied.  True to form snowflake.  So easy with you.  You are triggered quite easily and you are quite the snowflake yourself.  I predict another reply.  I simply cannot wait!

I’ll be here all day Johnny.

Keep pretending that somehow you made a point. Go cry in your milk until next year, and maybe come up with a plan of fixing the QB position in time for next September.  

Just now, GG said:

I’ll be here all day Johnny.

Keep pretending that somehow you made a point. Go cry in your milk until next year, and maybe come up with a plan of fixing the QB position in time for next September.  

Ok bud will do lol.  What's your plan to fix the QB?  Got one?  didnt think so.  All talk.

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Ok bud will do lol.  What's your plan to fix the QB?  Got one?  didnt think so.  All talk.

The plan is quite simple. 

But lets address the main point.   The OP is wrong, because it’s not a binary Yes/No question.  

When you can recognize the basic foundation of what the Bills have at QB this moment, then we can discuss solutions.  

In in the meantime,  see you next year.  

1 minute ago, GG said:

The plan is quite simple. 

But lets address the main point.   The OP is wrong, because it’s not a binary Yes/No question.  

When you can recognize the basic foundation of what the Bills have at QB this moment, then we can discuss solutions.  

In in the meantime,  see you next year.  

The question was yes/no....and I said not yet...and you say the question is not binary. Soooooo....what do you want?  If it is strictly yes/no....its no....if it is yes/maybe/not yet/no then I say not yet.  We are saying the same damn thing.

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

The question was yes/no....and I said not yet...and you say the question is not binary. Soooooo....what do you want?  If it is strictly yes/no....its no....if it is yes/maybe/not yet/no then I say not yet.  We are saying the same damn thing.

Then why did you pipe in with a pissed cereal comment about waiting for next year to see if Allen improves, if your answer is “not yet”