Post Playoff Game - Is Josh Allen the Bills Franchise QB?

Bakin

Post Playoff Game - Is Josh Allen the Bills Franchise QB?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh our Man?

9 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Y’all are way overreacting. Let him learn how to win. Let the whole team and the coaching staff learn to win. 

"Learning how to win" is just nonsense that sports fans talk about.

That's not a real thing.  Talent, preparation, coaching, and execution are really things.

If we had more of that sort of thing, we would have won this game today.

He was 1 of 2 qbs in his draft class in the post season. He led us to our first 10 and 5 season (last loss was not on him) won the Thanksgiving game. Did not loose 2 in a row all year. Had a few come from behind wins. And finally his OC has no brains. Build this team around him and we will be fine.

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I find it hilarious that no one has created a thread about that single play.

Or perhaps his "Hail Mary" pass he threw up for grabs while in OT in a playoff game.

That is "can't happen" stuff and it's still happening from him.

And then the late throws, the fumble problems, the blitz problem, the reading defenses problem, the accuracy problem, the long ball problem....

How long does he get?!  

How long did Favre get when he was doing the same exact stupid shite????

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PolishPrince said:

You dont think it would help if our RB averaging over 5 YPC got more handoffs than Hyde averaging 3 YPC? Or if he had a guy like hopkins he could just throw it to fully covered?

What does that have to do with eating two sacks back to back with the game on the line in the fourth quarter? 

What does that have to do with carelessly throwing a ball in the lateral with absolutely no need to do so?

What does it have to do with fumbling away the ball in a playoff game without ever even getting hit on the ball while running?

What does it have to do with taking an intentional grounding and ruining any chance of a field goal in the closing moments?

Like I've said there is plenty of blame to go around and I will not put this loss solely on Josh Allen but it is clear to me he is who I thought he was.

Which honestly makes me pretty ***** sad because the development of this team moving forward depended on him.

This will be a fun thread. The jury is still out on him. The good Allen is absolutely a franchise quarterback. He can make throws only Mahomes and maybe Russel Wilson can. 
The bad Allen is too inconsistent to have success in this league. 

Given his demeanor and work ethic and what he has already improved on I don’t see any reason he’s done growing. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Or perhaps his "Hail Mary" pass he threw up for grabs while in OT in a playoff game.

And then the late throws, the fumble problems, the blitz problem, the reading defenses problem, the accuracy problem, the long ball problem....

How long does he get?!  

If you were the man in charge you'd probably lock him out of OBD. We get it.

Fortunately there are much smarter people than you running this show so he will get at least 2 more years as each QB taken at 7 should get.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

How long does he get?!  

15 years.  Recommend you find another team before you have yourself committed.  In the end, while a bad decision to lateral, had he connected to Knox, he might have had some daylight to run.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

What does that have to do with eating two sacks back to back with the game on the line in the fourth quarter? 

What does that have to do with carelessly throwing a ball in the lateral with absolutely no need to do so?

What does it have to do with fumbling away the ball in a playoff game without ever even getting hit on the ball while running?

What does it have to do with taking an intentional grounding and ruining any chance of a field goal in the closing moments?

Like I've said there is plenty of blame to go around and I will not put this loss solely on Josh Allen but it is clear to me he is who I thought he was.

Which honestly makes me pretty ***** sad because the development of this team moving forward depended on him.

Those two back to back sacks were on allen? Our line got beat immediately on a three and four man rush.... The lateral didnt hinder the game at all. The intentional ground was desperation because a sack there would have been even worse

Very disappointed in sequence where he seemingly lost his mind - Crazy bad sack, followed by the bizarro lateral on the next drive. 

That being said.... he played pretty damn well.  He was a weapon with his legs, was pretty accurate and made some absolutely absurd throws, some in the clutch.  

We didn’t lose, and only score 19 due to Allen.  We lost and only scored 19 because, once again, our coaching staff thought we could rely on the defense up two scores.  We turtled up, went conservative, and just like NE, and just like Balt, we came up just short.   

McDermott is a damn good coach, but I hope he learned this very painful lesson. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

This will be a fun thread. The jury is still out on him. The good Allen is absolutely a franchise quarterback. He can make throws only Mahomes and maybe Russel Wilson can
The bad Allen is too inconsistent to have success in this league. 

Given his demeanor and work ethic and what he has already improved on I don’t see any reason he’s done growing. 

Really? I'm not sure that's even true. While he has a big arm, his deep ball accuracy was trash all year. It ultimately won't matter if he has the ability to make those throws if he doesn't actually complete them. There's some throws he can make on the run that a lot can't, but that's negated by the ones he doesn't make in the pocket, and I'm guessing that's what you meant by the second part of being too inconsistent. 

I agree he's improved and will get better, it's more the deer in the headlights look we saw against the best competition that I'm worried about. Sometimes that's different than improving. For many QB's, poise and composure in the biggest spots against the best things isn't ultimately teachable. I worry that we don't have a QB that's going to be at his best in chaos. 

12 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

If he would of completed that lateral, Knox had nothing but green in front of him. I can see why Josh did it, the execution was just sloppy.

Hero ball. He can't seem to keep it under control. Tons of talent with some remarkable throws. Then he just plain sucks on 3 and outs. If he finds consistency, he'll be the guy we need. I'm hopeful.

5 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

Yep, he has talent and leadership traits 

He needs a coaching staff who trusts him with the ball and let's him play aggressively

Also needs to work on his footwork in a big way this offseason 

They let him play aggressively the entire 4th quarter and in OT.  What are you talking about? 

He failed miserably when they put the game in his hands.   This is exactly the reason he's been coached conservatively, to hide his flaws. 

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Very disappointed in sequence where he seemingly lost his mind - Crazy bad sack, followed by the bizarro lateral on the next drive. 

That being said.... he played pretty damn well.  He was a weapon with his legs, was pretty accurate and made some absolutely absurd throws, some in the clutch.  

We didn’t lose, and only score 19 due to Allen.  We lost and only scored 19 because, once again, our coaching staff thought we could rely on the defense up two scores.  We turtled up, went conservative, and just like NE, and just like Balt, we came up just short.   

McDermott is a damn good coach, but I hope he learned this very painful lesson. 

I think McDermott's a damn good teacher, but a below average Head Coach when you factor in game management. 

Just now, TwistofFate said:

They let him play aggressively the entire 4th quarter and in OT.  What are you talking about? 

He failed miserably when they put the game in his hands.   This is exactly the reason he's been coached conservatively, to hide his flaws. 

Coaching him conservatively the entire 3rd and half of the 4th got you beat, asking him to win it after you all but took the ball out of his hands the entire half isnt aggressive 

• Like (+1) 2

He gets the yips at the worst possible times. Im not sure how to coach that out of him. I honestly feel like he needs to be confident in the guys around him to make plays too.

Hopefully the focus on the offseason is to provide him with reliable skill players who catch the ball with their hands, and have keen situational awareness.