Post Playoff Game - Is Josh Allen the Bills Franchise QB?

Bakin

Post Playoff Game - Is Josh Allen the Bills Franchise QB?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Is Josh our Man?

I am a homer. 
And I really love the kid. 
So I’m an emphatic YES. 

I have no doubt that he is crushed right now - and he believes the loss is on him. 

Sure, he makes boneheaded plays now and again...

BUT 

He has the arm, the legs, the heart...between the ears remains a work in progress and I’m confident he will only get better. 

Thoughts?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Need to plan for the future like he isn't but hope like hell that he is. It's tough to pick a franchise QB - almost 50% in the 1st round. Beane and McDermott have this team on the right track regardless of Josh

IMO

Edited by Gary Busey

Are you basing this on his play today in his first playoff spot ever or on the trajectory and improvement he has shown since entering the league. You've given us a binary question for something that does not deserve a binary answer. If he plateaus, no. If he continues to improve, yes.

• Like (+1) 2

His first half performance nearly had me convinced, but, sadly, he went back to being Josh Allen.  Inconsistent, terrible ball security, and flat out bone headed plays. 

The loss isnt solely on him, plenty of blame to go around.   Duke Williams underwhelming performance, critical mistakes by the oline in key moments, errors by Brown, and questionable play calling in OT. 

Sadly, Allen is what I hoped he wouldn't be, a Fitzpatrick. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

That lateral with 1:04 left in regulation lol ?

If he would of completed that lateral, Knox had nothing but green in front of him. I can see why Josh did it, the execution was just sloppy.

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

His first half performance nearly had me convinced, but, sadly, he went back to being Josh Allen.  Inconsistent, terrible ball security, and flat out bone headed plays. 

The loss isnt solely on him, plenty of blame to go around.   Duke Williams underwhelming performance, critical mistakes by the oline in key moments, errors by Brown, and questionable play calling in OT. 

Sadly, Allen is what I hoped he wouldn't be, a Fitzpatrick. 

You dont think it would help if our RB averaging over 5 YPC got more handoffs than Hyde averaging 3 YPC? Or if he had a guy like hopkins he could just throw it to fully covered?

• Like (+1) 1

He’s a second year kid who still has a lot of learning to do.

He is also, hands down, the best QB talent we have had since Kelly.

He will be our starter for the next 10 -15 years and he will win us multiple playoff games. Hopefully there is a SB win in there somewhere.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

That lateral with 1:04 left in regulation lol ?

I find it hilarious that no one has created a thread about that single play.

Or perhaps his "Hail Mary" pass he threw up for grabs while in OT in a playoff game.

That is "can't happen" stuff and it's still happening from him.

And then the late throws, the fumble problems, the blitz problem, the reading defenses problem, the accuracy problem, the long ball problem....

How long does he get?!  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I hope he is, and believe in him, but nobody knows obviously.

However, it is actually completely irelevant what anybody, including our front office, thinks right now. They took him at 7 just two years ago as a project QB. Unless there is 100% certainty he is a bust NOBODY SANE gives up on him after two years. And in my mind nobody sane can be sure he is a bust.

So he is our only option at least for another complete season.

Which, again, is fine with me, since I love him and expect him to be franchise for next 15 years.

• Like (+1) 1