Lorenzo Alexander confirms his Retirement (we all knew it was coming)

Reader

41 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

We need a nasty, physical LB to man the middle. It’s okay if he comes off the field in nickel packages, but I don’t want Edmunds in the middle in base defense.

Edmunds is perfect for the middle of this defense. Sideline to sideline player that is developing quite nicely. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Thanks Lorax for all you did for the Buffalo Bills and it’s fan base. 

...the man, the player, the community involvement, etc was the ultimate package.....he stands proud and did the team as well as community proud.......even in his final year at age 36, he was a major contributor.....

57 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Edmunds is perfect for the middle of this defense. Sideline to sideline player that is developing quite nicely. 

On paper? 100% agree. But his play is far from perfect. At this point, potential and measurables don’t matter.

He is at his best when he is challenged laterally. It gives him the opportunity to use his athleticism to make plays in space. Like yesterday, he closes fast and can contain even the most athletic play makers.

Where he needs to improve this offseason is in how fast/heavy he comes downhill. When teams run at Edmunds, he can hesitate and has a tendency to go avoid/go around blocks instead of through them. For a guy his size, you’d expect him to have more of a thud to his game. 

I think he’ll be great, and can definitely improve. I also don’t think it’d be a terrible idea to have another LB who can play in the middle to give them the versatility to play him at WLB if he struggles to play downhill.