Reader

Lorenzo Alexander confirms his Retirement (we all knew it was coming)

7 minutes ago, FLFan said:

You are an idiot. The only reason he has played the last couple of years is that he loved the coaching staff and the team.  He has been great for the Bills but he was clearly done based on this year’s play.  

That’s my point. He gave his last few years for this team for nothing.

• Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

That’s my point. He gave his last few years for this team for nothing.

I wouldn’t call the MILLIONS in his bank account Nothing. 

• Like (+1) 4

Considering the start to his NFL career, he did a hell of a job to keep working and have himself a nice ride. Best of luck to Zo

• Like (+1) 1

:(

Crappy way to go out. I loved LORAX and hope he keeps a presence in Buffalo, although he's living and raising his family in Arizona. 

59 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Another career claimed by the mediocrity of the Bills.

Before he came to the Bills, he had a mediocre career. The fact is, probably the best years of his NFL career were spent here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Dang...I didn't see this thread. Wow!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Trade for Kuechly, no way he lets that nonsense in the middle of the field happen..plus gives us a superstar to get some of those cheating calls in our favor apparently

Yep, without a massive JJ Watt narrative we didn't stand a chance with the refs today. Someday hopefully Josh will be that narrative and some calls will drift our way.

Godspeed Zo......

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Awesome guy! All the best! When we win a superbowl, I want all our great and loyal former players to receive rings as well.

Edited by BadboyBills

4 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Uh, we got him at the end of his career and gave him his first opportunity to really play more than special teams.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Reader said:

Today was most likely the last time that Lorenzo Alexander will take the field for the Bills.

Personally I have loved having him on the team and he exemplified the Bills really well. Great guy, great player, hard worker.

sad to see him go but excited about getting fresh talent to replace the aging stars.

5 hours ago, goldenboy81 said:

He laid it on the line for years. You will always be Buffalo Lorax... Now get a linebacker that can cover

No we need  a LB that can tackle QBs and RBs, we already have two good cover LBs.

5 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Give me Bud Dupree!!!

No.  Not where our dollars need to be spent.  We need another Zo, or Phillips.  Hungry players ready to get their chance, not someone looking to break the bank.

5 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Trade for Kuechly, no way he lets that nonsense in the middle of the field happen..plus gives us a superstar to get some of those cheating calls in our favor apparently

Well that sounds nice, but if you're going to post an idea, could you please add your plan for how to make this reality?  So we trade what to get Kuechly exactly?  Mortgage our future by trading multiple firsts?  I don't think I can bear the idea of what it would cost to get Carolina to even think about parting with him.

Today was a disappointment, but OUR brains should still function fine.  Let's try constructive conversation shall we...

5 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

His career is claimed by age.  He's not leaving because Buffalo is mediocre.  He's leaving because of father time and the desire to walk upright through retirement.

• Like (+1) 2

Respect Lorax. Respect. And I hope you still do the LoDown show on WGR.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Good luck, Zo...thanks for everything.   You are true gentleman and a great human being. 

Congrats on an amazing (and fascinating)  career, Lorax. Proud to have you represent the Bills for the last few years. You will be missed. Enjoy your family, you deserve it.

• Like (+1) 5

Thanks Lorax you are a true pro's pro.

You gave the Bills and Buffalo your heart and soul.

Have a very happy retirement.

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you, Lorax.

You're leadership and inspiration to this team will be greatly missed.

Probably the lone player that was a great addition from the Wrecks regime.

I'll never forget his play in the Jacksonville playoff game. He was a monster in that one.

Best wishes, and enjoy retirement.

• Like (+1) 1

He is a great story in hard work and perseverance; a career back-up and special teams player for years. Then gets a chance to start and takes full advantage. His leadership and work ethic will be missed.

But good for you Lorenzo, go enjoy every second of your beautiful family. You have represented yourself, this team, this city, and this fan base, so incredibly well. Thank you! for the player you have been, but more importantly, the man you are.

4 hours ago, familykwi said:

No.  Not where our dollars need to be spent.  We need another Zo, or Phillips.  Hungry players ready to get their chance, not someone looking to break the bank.

Well that sounds nice, but if you're going to post an idea, could you please add your plan for how to make this reality?  So we trade what to get Kuechly exactly?  Mortgage our future by trading multiple firsts?  I don't think I can bear the idea of what it would cost to get Carolina to even think about parting with him.

Today was a disappointment, but OUR brains should still function fine.  Let's try constructive conversation shall we...

Lorax played his heart out for us and will always be a Bill in my eyes. Wish him and his family the best.

Didn't we draft Vosean Joseph (sp) for Lorenzo's  spot? What's his status?

9 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Lorax played his heart out for us and will always be a Bill in my eyes. Wish him and his family the best.

Didn't we draft Vosean Joseph (sp) for Lorenzo's  spot? What's his status?

He’s been on IR since TC

10 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

He only played 4 out of 15 seasons here...2 of which made the playoffs? 

All the best Lorenzo.  The Bills have a couple of young LBs in the wings - Vosean Joseph (5th rd pick last year) and Tyrel Dodson an UDFA.  Wouldn't surprise me to see Bills sign a LB in free agency.

11 hours ago, delirious said:

Sad to see him go, he is a class act.

:thumbsup:

One of my favorite Bills players, dedicated, unselfish veteran presence in that locker room.