A lot of pain in this locker room (McDermott quote)

TroutDog

5 minutes ago, Buffbills716 said:

That team had Kelly, we don't.

Ok, so you’re a ‘downer’. 

Say? How ‘bout tale a look at his stats and EVERY other great QB and see if they were SB caliber in year two?

Boy! That’ll be interesting!!!!

22 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This team will not enjoy greatness with Josh Allen as its quarterback.

Mark it down.

I said in about week 5 this year that he is not good enough to beat a good team on the road in a playoff game.

I also said we would finish 10-6 and make the playoffs.

You just saw his ceiling.

McDermott kicked Tyrod to the curb after a disappointing performance in a playoff game! 

Maybe he will do the same with Josh!  I won't hold my breath.

Terrible.......just terrible. 

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Learning through pain is a choice. You can learn equally through winning. 

Where was Brady's learning through pain? Roethlisberger's? 

We choked today. Coaches choked. A select few players choked. 

Excellent response!  I am tired of these excuses--how about we start winning for a change?  Hold Allen accountable instead of making excuses for him all the time, demand that Daboll get his head out of his ***!  Demand McD get more aggressive!   

9 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Ok, so you’re a ‘downer’. 

Say? How ‘bout tale a look at his stats and EVERY other great QB and see if they were SB caliber in year two?

Boy! That’ll be interesting!!!!

A downer?  After today's performance, you bet!  What excuse will you make for him after year three?  That would indeed be interesting!!!

Edited by Buffbills716

28 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Mark it down.

I said in about week 5 this year that he is not good enough to beat a good team on the road in a playoff game.

McDermott kicked Tyrod to the curb after a disappointing performance in a playoff game! 

Don’t you ever tire of your tantrums?

We certainly do.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Honestly as much as this sucks and as much as it hurts I'm glad it does. Being honest this team wasn't going to get to the SB this year and if they have to lose I'm glad it's one that hurts. This is going to stick with Josh and a lot of the guys this offseason and I think they'll be working hard as hell to get better.

No disrespect, but I'm not at ALL glad the Bills lost in this fashion and I'm not convinced it's a learning experience that will make them better. I'd prefer to see them learn while winning.

There are the fire everyone knee jerk reactions on the other side of the equation, but I don't believe losing is some right of passage.

They have to add talent and the QB needs to improve. This game neither seals Allen/McD's fate as losers or serves as some great lesson. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffbills716 said:

A downer?  After today's performance, you bet!  What excuse will you make for him after year three?  That would indeed be interesting!!!

Wow! Congrats! After Josh was the MOST IMPROVED passer of his draft class this year you already know how he will perform NEXT year!

Boy you’re good! 

Remove our stress! What’s the W/L record for next year and to whom????

Just now, TroutDog said:

Wow! Congrats! After Josh was the MOST IMPROVED passer of his draft class this year you already know how he will perform NEXT year!

Boy you’re good! 

Remove our stress! What’s the W/L record for next year and to whom????

I would say based on our schedule (much more difficult than this year)--8-8? Other than his running ability, I would say he has a long way to go:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtisrush/2019/10/14/buffalo-bills-qb-josh-allen-lagging-behind-his-2018-draft-peers/#334270f67618 

29 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Defense failed too. This was a team loss except maybe the Special Teams.

The defense did more than enough to earn a victory today.  

We all knew they would uphold their end of the deal, and most folks mentioned pre-game that Allen would need to find a way to score in the low 20s or more if we were going to win. 

This team will never go anywhere if we can't consistently score more than we currently do.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffbills716 said:

I would say based on our schedule (much more difficult than this year)--8-8? Other than his running ability, I would say he has a long way to go:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtisrush/2019/10/14/buffalo-bills-qb-josh-allen-lagging-behind-his-2018-draft-peers/#334270f67618 

He is literally the most improved QB from last years class and you’re writing him off?

Goodbye. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Mark it down.

His ceiling? Really? After his first full season as the starter? Got it. Super bowl or bust in 2019. C’mon man, this is just shortsighted when you consider where we came from just last year at 6-10, and Allen just fyi even in this game has set franchise marks:

“Josh Allen's 92 rushing yards are the most by a Bills quarterback in the postseason, pasing Jim Kelly's 37 yards vs. Miami In 1990.

Josh Allen joins hall of famers Marcus Allen and Walter Payton as the only players with a 25+ yard pass, 40+ yard rush, and a 15+ yard reception in a game since 1975. Allen is the first to do it since 1983.

Josh Allen is the first quarterback in NFL history with a 40-yard run and touchdown reception in any game regular season or postseason. He did it on one drive... Josh Allen is the first Bills quarterback to catch a postseason touchdown. He joins Jim Kelly (one catch) as the only Bills quarterbacks to catch a postseason pass.”

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/game-recap-texans-eliminate-bills-in-wild-card-game

My point is, we are going in the right direction, with Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Cuz coaches made Allen do that lateral? Or Milano not tackle Watson?

The allen lateral had 0 bearing on the outcome. Its like saying "like Watson throwing right to Neal who dropped an easy pick in their territory" if Texans lost. It was a bad play, didnt effect game at all

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

The allen lateral had 0 bearing on the outcome. Its like saying "like Watson throwing right to Neal who dropped an easy pick in their territory" if Texans lost. It was a bad play, didnt effect game at all

Every play counts as affects the next play in some way. As may cause a coach to call something different or a player to play different etc. 

Really sucks to lose. But at least the team (and especially Allen) has some playoff experience now. I think the experience will help them overcome obstacles and make better decisions in the future. There's no substitute for playing experience, and especially playoff playing experience.

5 hours ago, TroutDog said:

While I hate and loathe this loss, it is part of the process.  You can’t ‘practice’ this feeling. 

That’s why I appreciate our trajectory. Hate now, if you must, but love where we are headed.  

I fall back to where we were in ‘89 and ‘90. Our team learned from that. This team will as well. 

On to 2020!!!

In 89, there was not a salary cap