A lot of pain in this locker room (McDermott quote)

TroutDog

3 minutes ago, Capco said:

Most painful loss I've felt since I can remember.  I can't even imagine what the locker room is feeling.

Really?  Must be you haven't been around too long ?.  I knew going in to this there was a reasonable chance we would lose, but I figured win or lose we had a great year.  To win, we'd our offense to score more than 20 points, which would be tough because scoring has really been our weakness all year.  I'd rather build on this year, add talent, and make a serious run next year, than somehow luck our way into the Super Bowl this year and get annihilated.   It was not our time YET, but it is coming.   No reason to hang our heads!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Yup 89/90 (right when I became a Bills fan) is accurate. 

So is this year more like 88 or 89? I don't have alot of faith in this coaching staff after what I witnessed today. Too conservative to take Josh and this offense to the next level. I hope we don't become the Andy Dalton Bengals......

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Only reason I'm not super upset is because I know we're going to be a legit contender next year.

Hou for example invested everything into this year and barely escaped defeat by a team that's a work in progress, but will have the finishing touches added this off-season. We'll be back next year and years to come

You're right. But we also choked this game away.

It's hard to look at the positives. We can go 13-3 next year, but we still need to shed the label of choker in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

How many plays total did we have? Hard to throw out a stay without reference. 

Well when you run the ball primarily every first and second down in the second half, and dont trust allen to make plays you arent going to get many chances 

2 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

You're right. But we also choked this game away.

It's hard to look at the positives. We can go 13-3 next year, but we still need to shed the label of choker in the playoffs. 

I agree. I'm upset, disgusted , pissed off that we blew this game. Only reason I'm not more angrybis because I believe we'll be vastly improved for moments like today

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yeah, we haven't had enough.

22 years since our last playoff win wasn't enough waiting I guess.

But it's OK!  We are "learning" how to win! 

We are "building character!"

How about scouting for a quarterback?  Are we doing any of that this off-season?

You can’t impute last 20+ years onto this current front office. They’ve given us a lot more to cheer for than anybody else in that stretch, and we’ve made the playoffs 2/3 years...am I P.O.’d about this loss? You’d better believe it. It was there for the taking. But this team overall is poised for greatness, mark it down. If you can’t see that, given what you have to compare it with since the Kelly days, then I don’t know what to tell you. And yes, I understand you don’t like Allen. But he’s here to stay and for good reason. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

He/McDermott/whoever seemingly go into a shell when we get up by a couple of scores. They did it all year and it bit them in the bum today. 

They didn't anticipate the Ds adjustments good enough. 

They want to spell Singletary and look at the sideline and all they have is Gore.  

Where was Beasley?  Where was Knox?  McKenzie should never be targeted beyond the LOS can't run routes at all.  

Allen made 1 too many mistakes with the ball but those mistakes on the last drive before we stopped the Texans on 4th and 1 were wiped out bc we tied it anyway.  

Allen got no help from the play calling after the 3rd quarter. 

We had 450 yards of O and 1 TD.  Can't do that and expect to beat the Chiefs let alone this team.  

If after you watched Allen last season and we told you he'd have 350 yards of total O in a playoff game next year we'd be thrilled.  He's on track but a lot to improve on.  He improved on a ton from last year no reason to think he won't continue to do so.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So is this year more like 88 or 89? I don't have alot of faith in this coaching staff after what I witnessed today. Too conservative to take Josh and this offense to the next level. I hope we don't become the Andy Dalton Bengals......

88.  I don’t think we have the personnel on offense... yet.  Coaching was mediocre today but there were some key missed plays on offense (not the result of Texans defense plays) that killed us.   I just hope the d doesn’t regress before we get players on offense and Josh matures more.  

17 minutes ago, Eternal Pessimist said:

Loser lose. Buffalo sports teams are not winners. No killer instinct with any team from 1965 on; I would rather have seen them play the starters and beat the Jets and then lose today. Not sold on this staff or QB.  

LOL, just joined the boards now to pile on? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1