A lot of pain in this locker room (McDermott quote)

TroutDog

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Hopefully Daboll gets a job elsewhere. He is too erratic with the play calling. The OL still needs work. They need to get away from the conservative bs that puts too much weight on the defense and they better draft at least 2 WR's in the first 3 Rounds of the draft. 

His playcalling is garbage.

Hopefully the Panthers, Browns, Cowboys, Giants, or some random college team, takes him off our hands.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Who Frazier and daboll

Looking at McD mainly.  They just went into a shell offensively.  The ESPN guys were getting on my nerves but at some point in 4th quarter Allen had thrown just 6 passes in 2nd half.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TroutDog said:

Agree wholeheartedly on OL needing help. I’m still confused on Daboll. He called a good game that gave us a 16 point lead and our D didn’t hold. 

I’m confused on Daboll as I want continuity for Josh. May be off base, but it’s how I feel. 

He/McDermott/whoever seemingly go into a shell when we get up by a couple of scores. They did it all year and it bit them in the bum today. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Nice season but I swear if they go in with Cody Ford at RT again next season I will be PO'd. 

Get a dominant offensive line and this team is as good as any. Conklin, Castonzo and Scherff need to be top targets in FA if they make it there.

And get a killer instinct Sean. I said it at the end of the first half. Let teams hang around and a lot of the time there's bad consequences.

Why did we blow through so much time on their side of the field at the end of the first half? They were consistently snapping the ball after letting a ton of time go off the clock and then that run to Gore before the FG. I don't get it. Sean has always done that crap.

And last point. The officiating better be more fair next year. Holds were only called on the Bills all year long. Other teams get away with massive holding against us. I can't reiterate it enough how ridiculously one-sided it is against the Bills.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Honestly as much as this sucks and as much as it hurts I'm glad it does. Being honest this team wasn't going to get to the SB this year and if they have to lose I'm glad it's one that hurts. This is going to stick with Josh and a lot of the guys this offseason and I think they'll be working hard as hell to get better.

• Like (+1) 8

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yeah, we haven't had enough.

22 years since our last playoff win wasn't enough waiting I guess.

But it's OK!  We are "learning" how to win! 

We are "building character!"

How about scouting for a quarterback?  Are we doing any of that this off-season?

Holy crap! Every single post you make regardless of the topic is to trash Allen! Give it a break already! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

He/McDermott/whoever seemingly go into a shell when we get up by a couple of scores. They did it all year and it bit them in the bum today. 

Yes it did. But it lead them to 10 wins so I can understand it. Their O is not good yet. It’s not like they don’t recognize it. They have who they have, players-wise, and that’s it.  

It woulda been awesome to make it to the divisional round, but the Texans arent going anywhere after next week either.

Defense should have won this game. They were the highly touted and critically acclaimed unit.

They just didnt deliver. The defense better make bigger strides next season and it starts by fixing tackling and then working on situational football.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

While I hate and loathe this loss, it is part of the process.  You can’t ‘practice’ this feeling. 

That’s why I appreciate our trajectory. Hate now, if you must, but love where we are headed.  

I fall back to where we were in ‘89 and ‘90. Our team learned from that. This team will as well. 

On to 2020!!!

Only reason I'm not super upset is because I know we're going to be a legit contender next year.

Hou for example invested everything into this year and barely escaped defeat by a team that's a work in progress, but will have the finishing touches added this off-season. We'll be back next year and years to come

Just now, TroutDog said:

Yes it did. But it lead them to 10 wins so I can understand it. Their O is not good yet. It’s not like they don’t recognize it. They have who they have, players-wise, and that’s it.  

But their offense played well in the first, no reason to hold them back and go into clock killing to.start the second half 

Just now, Jerboski said:

But their offense played well in the first, no reason to hold them back and go into clock killing to.start the second half 

Did Daboll hold them back or did they not execute? It’s sooooooo easy to criticize for us, but reality is a b*tch. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1