What Changes will be made this Offseason?

wppete

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Why cut Murphy?  He doesn't hold his edge and contain (usually pushed out of the play by the tackle), he is a liability in the run game because he is too far up field, picked on during screen and misdirection plays because of his lack of position discipline, and usually whiffs on QB sacks and RB tackles.  Murphy apologists usually give the he got 5 QB sacks on the season, point to a token play, etc.  Those pale in comparison to the plays, tackles, sacks he misses; leaves more on the field than he make.  He did not play a great game.  I really don't understand why some around here think Murphy is any good; he's not, he's terrible.  Washington was right to let him go.

Lawson and Phillips are FA's , if we lose them and cut Murphy that leaves a lot to replace on the dline of a top 3 defense. Seems risky to me.

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Why cut Murphy?  He doesn't hold his edge and contain (usually pushed out of the play by the tackle), he is a liability in the run game because he is too far up field, picked on during screen and misdirection plays because of his lack of position discipline, and usually whiffs on QB sacks and RB tackles.  Murphy apologists usually give the he got 5 QB sacks on the season, point to a token play, etc.  Those pale in comparison to the plays, tackles, sacks he misses; leaves more on the field than he make.  He did not play a great game.  I really don't understand why some around here think Murphy is any good; he's not, he's terrible.  Washington was right to let him go.

If you can replace Murphy with someone better, sure, do it. But you don't just cut people without a replacement in mind.

My Offseason if I was Brandon Beane:

$90 Million in cap space and 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 6th picks in 2020 Draft.

Resign your own:

• Matt Milano, LB (extension)
  • Dion Dawkins, LT (extension)
  • Tre White, CB (talk extension early, extension or pick up 5th yr option)
  • Levi Wallace, CB  - Depth, low $
  • Kevin Johnson, CB - Depth
  • Quinton Spain - OG Depth - move to Spencer Long role in 2020
  • Keep communication and try to resign, but probably let walk due to $ on open market:
    • Jordan Phillips
    • Shaq Lawson

Cut:

• Trent Murphy - Improved through year, but not worth price tag, reinvest savings in rush DE
  • Tyler Kroft - minimally productive, not worth price tag, reinvest in TE
  • Lee Smith - Too many penelties, too much $
  • Pat Dimarco - FB overpaid and is a young man's position
  • Spencer Long - Decline club option, reinvest savings in Spain extension

Free Agency (in order of priority):

• **Rush Defensive End (one of following):
    • Yannick Ngakoue, 25
    • Bud Dupree, 27
    • Matthew Judon, 27
  • Offensive Tackle
    • Jack Conklin, 26 - young, good fit, Tenn will struggle to have cap space due to DHenry
      • Move Cody Ford (who i like and think will improve alot with an offseason) to starting LG
      • B Option: Daryl Williams
  • Tight End
    • Hunter Henry, 25
    • or Austin Hooper, 25
      • Henry/Hooper would be a huge help to Josh Allen and also move Knox into TE#2 spot. Turns a position of weakness into strength
  • Cornerback
    • Byron Jones, 27
    • James Bradbury, 27
  • OLB
    • AJ Klein
    • Nigel Bradham
  • Depth DT
  • Backup QB:
    • Marcus Mariota
    • Kyle Allen
  • Punter
    • Need to Improve Punter either in FA or Draft.... sneaky need

NFL Draft:

• 1st Round: WR or CB2
    • Laviska Shenault Jr., WR - Colorado
    • Tee Higgins, WR - Clemson
    • Trevon Diggs, CB - Alabama
  • 2nd Round: WR or CB2
    • Michael Pittman Jr.,WR - USC
    • Tyler Johnson, WR - Minnesota
    • Kristian Fulton, CB - LSU
  • 3rd Round: RB
    • Najee Harris, RB - Alabama

Overall I think its super important to improve pass catchers for young QB and improve WR room. I love John Brown and Cole Beasley, but we are missing a "Z" with some size (over 6ft 1in) that is a possession receiver. I think this is huge. I also think adding a stud RT and moving Cody Ford to LG drastically improves two positions of weakness. Getting better pass rush out of our DE's is also a top priority imo. 

Depth Chart:

QB: Josh Allen, Mariota/Allen

RB: Devin Singletary, Najae Harris, Yeldon

WR: Shenault, Duke Williams, Andre Roberts

WR: John Brown, Robert Foster

WR: Cole Beasley

TE: Hunter Henry, Dawson Know, Tommy Sweeney

LT: Dion Dawkins

LG: Cody Ford , Quintin Spain

C : Mitch Morse

RG: Jon Feliciano

RT: Jack Conklin , Ty Nsekhe

DE: Yannick Ngakoue

DT: Star Lotulelei, Harrison Phillips

DT: Ed Oliver, 

DE: Jerry Hughes, Daryl Johnson

MLB: Trumaine Edmunds

OLB: Matt Milano

OLB: Klein/Bradham

CB: Bryon Jones, Levi Wallace

CB: Tre White, Kevin Johnson , Taron Johnson

SS: Jordan Poyer, Jaquan Johnson

FS: Micah Hyde, Siran Neal

K: Stephen Hauska

P: *** Someone Better than Bojorquez

LS: Furgeson

KR: Andre Roberts

56 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Lawson and Phillips are FA's , if we lose them and cut Murphy that leaves a lot to replace on the dline of a top 3 defense. Seems risky to me.

If you can replace Murphy with someone better, sure, do it. But you don't just cut people without a replacement in mind.

Lawson and Phillips should both be re-signed.

Murphy shouldn't be too difficult to replace in FA.  I certainly wouldn't advocate jettisoning individuals without at least a thought in mind to replace them.  I'm sure Beane is well aware of this.

Unfortunately, the biggest offseason change we need is at head coach.  But he's here for at least two more years of futility.  His gameday coaching is just not good enough.  This article posted by wppete says it all.  He should be fired for going for it on 4th and 27 alone.

https://www.sportingnews.com/g00/us/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-2020-bills-sean-mcdermott-coach-bad-calls/1hmflvozh6wsi1vbwi4iax3o7v?i10c.ua=1&i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8%3d&i10c.dv=20

13 hours ago, SCBills said:

All Offense, All the time. 

Upgrade the WR room. 
Pair Singletary with another stud back. 
Continue to improve the OL. 
Maybe upgrade over Kroft. 

After watching our “elite” defense get shredded by a dead NE team and give up a 16 point second half lead to a Fuller-less Houston in the Playoffs, I don’t want to hear a peep about defense for a while. 

People on this board are too quick to blame the offense and think our defense can do no wrong. That’s just not the case. Our offense has its deficiencies for sure, but the defense deserves some of the blame for yesterday’s collapse. 

Fact of the matter is elite offenses can beat elite defenses. It’s time that we put valuable, premium resources into the offense. If they don’t, then why did they make the moves to get Allen in the first place?  They have turned him into a game manager and gave him second tier (at best) weapons. Give him some good protection and another elite receiver and take the chains off him. 

Murphy, Kroft, Nsekhe = Roughly $15M saved if let go.... That’s roughly the Market for DE Yannick Ngakoue.

TJ Yeldon, Lee Smith, Andre Roberts is roughly $5-6M... sprinkle is a little extra and that’s Shaq Lawson money... 

Resign Jordan Phillips 

DL is pretty solid. 
Hughes, Ngakoue, Shaq, Johnson, Draft?
Harrison, Phillips, Star, Oliver

FA-

Kyler Fackrell to replace Lorax role, Draft LB....

RB2 is HUGE!!!! Jordan Howard!!!!! 

Gotta draft a top RT, there’s about 5 potential round 1 OTs. That’s BPA and position of need @ pick 22. 

There could be a potential large amount of legit WRs from Picks 50-75.

A playoff win would have been a great recruiting tool for FAs, but I think we look attractive regardless.