What Changes will be made this Offseason?

wppete

Needs:

RB to compliment Singletary.

OLB to replace Lorax

WR1 taller than 6'

Right OT, shift Ford to Guard

DE/edge, re-sign Shaq, cut Murphy

CB, Wallace is depth and Kevin Johnson should compete for his spot

1-tech DT, no sub 320 lb DTs -- they're not big enough to stop the run and push the guard and center back

Coaching:

A play caller on offense if Daboll is back.  He simply cannot call offensive plays.  I don't care if no one else has someone other than the OC calling plays.

McD needs to reevaluate his game time coaching philosophy.  Too conservative on offense and defense.  Enough with the prevent and soft zone, you can't stop the opposing offense and win with a soft defense.

Edited by Happy Gilmore

All Offense, All the time. 

Upgrade the WR room. 
Pair Singletary with another stud back. 
Continue to improve the OL. 
Maybe upgrade over Kroft. 

After watching our “elite” defense get shredded by a dead NE team and give up a 16 point second half lead to a Fuller-less Houston in the Playoffs, I don’t want to hear a peep about defense for a while. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Defensive line decisions to be made. Could lose Lawson and Phillips.  That's a lot to replace.

Spain is a FA, needs to be addressed.

WR is a major issue.

Replacing Alexander as well.    There may be 5-7 new starters next year...

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

All Offense, All the time. 

Upgrade the WR room. 
Pair Singletary with another stud back. 
Continue to improve the OL. 
Maybe upgrade over Kroft. 

After watching our “elite” defense get shredded by a dead NE team and give up a 16 point second half lead to a Fuller-less Houston in the Playoffs, I don’t want to hear a peep about defense for a while. 

defense can be upgraded by growing some balls  We did not score one td on defense for the first time since 1997  How is it we went 17 games without one fumble return or int return 

With 90m of cap space my priorities for FA would be

Offense:

#1 Hunter Henry (TE) - wow would it be nice to have a real TE. Cut Croft, keep Knox and let him be a good #2. Sweeney and Croom fight it out for #3. Henry would do for us what Andrews did for Balt this year. Austin Hooper would be choice #1B

#2 Amari Cooper (WR)- Imagine  Cooper, Brown, Beasley with Henry and Singletary. That would be dangerous. #2B would be Nelson Agholor or Randall Cobb along with drafting WR early.

#3 Jack Conklin (RT)  - Move Ford inside and stabilize RT with Conklin. Make sure we lock up Feliciano and Long. #3B Brian Buluga

#4 Kenyon Drake  (RB)- I'd love to see Singletary, Drake and Wade in the backfield. Wade may be a pleasant surprise next year. 4B/C I wouldn't mind looking into bringing in Jordan Howard, Jonathan Williams or Ty Montgomery to compete for RB #3 if we decide to draft a #2 instead of Drake.

#5 Kyle Allen I thought he did a great job filling in for Cam and we all know how much we love those Carolina boys. He'd be an upgrade to Barkley.

Defense:

#1 Matthew Judon (LB) is a beast and could take the Lorax spot plus get more sacks.  I don't think Shaq Barrett is going to be priced right for us but one can dream.   #1B  I wouldn't mind if we scooped up Jamie Collins from NE just to weaken them and get intel. I always loved Nigel Bradham and wouldn't mind if he came back on a 2-3 yr deal. Bud Dupree from Pitt would be sweet too

#2 Chris Jones (DE) he took a big step this year for KC but may cost more that Shaq. #2B Vic Beasley.  #2C Dallas probably won't retain Robert Quinn and Michael Bennet so one of those two could be a nice pickup

Realistically, we could get 4-5 of these guys and fill some holes then draft BPA and pick up some more gems at WR/RB/DE/LB/CB

36 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yes, sparingly.  Hughes and Murphy got most of the rotation.  I have no idea why Murphy was in more than Shaq, who was much better than Murphy all season long.

Shaq was dealing with a hamstring injury.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

These are the sad takes. He’s not polished but come on that kid left it all on the field. Good and bad. Of all the terrible things that went wrong in that game Allen is the last one to blame. He played possibly his best half ever in the first. They tucked tail in the second half. Nobody watched that game and said “wow the bills are going to need a quarterback” 

Yes, the majority of the blame goes on McDermott and Daboll halfway thru that 3rd quarter. They butchered an opportunity to attack and go up 23-0. Yes Josh made more stupid plays but he wasn't the reason we lost. He's poorly coached and if you want any chance of him improving,  Daboll has to go. This offense is pathetic. 

• Like (+1) 1

We need to get more physical on defense and more explosive on offense.  

Defensively we have a smart disciplined unit but we saw Philly, New England, and Houston in 2nd half push us around.  I’m not sure you could say we have a physical presence anywhere in the back 7.  Maybe #29.  That dude hits people.  Everybody in the back 7 has good cover skills but we need to mix in a couple guys back there who are more physical.  

Offensively, we need to surround Allen with some playmakers.  Brown is a nice vertical weapon and Singletary is a good rotational RB and Beasley a good slot guy, but this offense needs a huge upgrade over Gore and a physical pass catcher that can get some Yards after the catch.  

47 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yes, sparingly.  Hughes and Murphy got most of the rotation.  I have no idea why Murphy was in more than Shaq, who was much better than Murphy all season long.

Not sure Shaq was 100%.  We need to upgrade and acquire depth the DE position. 

29 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

With 90m of cap space my priorities for FA would be

Offense:

#1 Hunter Henry (TE) - wow would it be nice to have a real TE. Cut Croft, keep Knox and let him be a good #2. Sweeney and Croom fight it out for #3. Henry would do for us what Andrews did for Balt this year. Austin Hooper would be choice #1B

#2 Amari Cooper (WR)- Imagine  Cooper, Brown, Beasley with Henry and Singletary. That would be dangerous. #2B would be Nelson Agholor or Randall Cobb along with drafting WR early.

#3 Jack Conklin (RT)  - Move Ford inside and stabilize RT with Conklin. Make sure we lock up Feliciano and Long. #3B Brian Buluga

#4 Kenyon Drake  (RB)- I'd love to see Singletary, Drake and Wade in the backfield. Wade may be a pleasant surprise next year. 4B/C I wouldn't mind looking into bringing in Jordan Howard, Jonathan Williams or Ty Montgomery to compete for RB #3 if we decide to draft a #2 instead of Drake.

#5 Kyle Allen I thought he did a great job filling in for Cam and we all know how much we love those Carolina boys. He'd be an upgrade to Barkley.

Defense:

#1 Matthew Judon (LB) is a beast and could take the Lorax spot plus get more sacks.  I don't think Shaq Barrett is going to be priced right for us but one can dream.   #1B  I wouldn't mind if we scooped up Jamie Collins from NE just to weaken them and get intel. I always loved Nigel Bradham and wouldn't mind if he came back on a 2-3 yr deal. Bud Dupree from Pitt would be sweet too

#2 Chris Jones (DE) he took a big step this year for KC but may cost more that Shaq. #2B Vic Beasley.  #2C Dallas probably won't retain Robert Quinn and Michael Bennet so one of those two could be a nice pickup

Realistically, we could get 4-5 of these guys and fill some holes then draft BPA and pick up some more gems at WR/RB/DE/LB/CB

Shaq was dealing with a hamstring injury.

It’s going to take a massive overpay to get those guys to come here.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Needs:

RB to compliment Singletary.

OLB to replace Lorax

WR1 taller than 6'

Right OT, shift Ford to Guard

DE/edge, re-sign Shaq, cut Murphy

CB, Wallace is depth and Kevin Johnson should compete for his spot

1-tech DT, no sub 320 lb DTs -- they're not big enough to stop the run and push the guard and center back

Coaching:

A play caller on offense if Daboll is back.  He simply cannot call offensive plays.  I don't care if no one else has someone other than the OC calling plays.

McD needs to reevaluate his game time coaching philosophy.  Too conservative on offense and defense.  Enough with the prevent and soft zone, you can't stop the opposing offense and win with a soft defense.

Why cut Murphy?  Played a great game today. Part of a very solid defense.

8 hours ago, klos63 said:

Why cut Murphy?  Played a great game today. Part of a very solid defense.

Why cut Murphy?  He doesn't hold his edge and contain (usually pushed out of the play by the tackle), he is a liability in the run game because he is too far up field, picked on during screen and misdirection plays because of his lack of position discipline, and usually whiffs on QB sacks and RB tackles.  Murphy apologists usually give the he got 5 QB sacks on the season, point to a token play, etc.  Those pale in comparison to the plays, tackles, sacks he misses; leaves more on the field than he make.  He did not play a great game.  I really don't understand why some around here think Murphy is any good; he's not, he's terrible.  Washington was right to let him go.