What Changes will be made this Offseason?

wppete

The more I think about it Conklin should be priority # 1. He’ll be the best player at a position of need, the Titans will be much more likely to franchise tag Derrick Henry, they have about 40 million more in cap space, still need to resign Tannenhill and Logan Ryan, Wesley Woodyard 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Unless Allen improves immensely and develops skills he currently does not have, it doesn't matter.

Unless they are thinking about getting a new quarterback.

Honestly you contribute nothing to any of these conversations...

• Like (+1) 1

I think the entire offense needs an overhaul. I’d model it around the Shula Panthers offenses when Newton was basically a full back that could throw. Be a power run team that plays very physical on both sides of the ball. The way the Ravens are now. Get 2 big body RBs to complement Singletary. Keep improving the Oline. I want to see Allen with 10-15 rushing attempts per game and less the 20 pass attempts. I don’t care what it looks like. That’s what we need to do. If you ask this kid to throw like he’s Drew Brees, we are never going to beat good teams. He’s too wild. Let him do what he does. Even the Titans are a little more of what we should look like with this qb.

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

This.

Our QBs lack of situational awareness is staggering at times. 

The number of times he's taken sacks or grounded the ball on the cusp of field goal range is truly mind boggling.

His inability to execute the basics is shocking for a player who can make such spectacular plays from time to time. 

yet on the two plays that happened today the four man and three man rush was in the backfiled so fast not sure there was much he could do about it

Frank Gore retires, we need a larger, younger back to replace him.

Lorax retires, we'll need to replace him. 

Cut any of our WR's not named Brown or Beasley and replace them all. 

Cut Dimarco.

Get a second shut down corner.

Daboll will be gone, get a younger more innovative play-caller.

PLAY WITH ***** BALLS and not "to hold a lead"

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

1. Quinton Spain doesnt play another game in a Bills uniform.  He was incredibly overrated all season and showed he doesnt deserve a long term contract next year.

2. Jordan Phillips can go pound salt.   He was a no show tonight, and was a liability in the run the entire season.

3. For the love of God please move Cody Ford to Guard.  I've had enough, he is too short and slow to play tackle.

4. Please draft a wideout over 6'0 tall with good hands or sign Amari Cooper

5. Only sign Shaq Lawson to a long term deal if he is willing to take under 9 million a year.   He was a no show late in the season.

6. Think very hard about giving Poyer an extension.  He was bad late in the season is on the verge of his 30's.

7. Gore was a nice story.  Lets agree to move on now.

They have a gamer at QB.  If they fortify LG and RT, and find a wideout the offense will be better next year. 

Agree on Spain...

Phillips was a bit one minded in this game for me vs playing the gap correctly

Ford is definitely not tackle material

Agreed mind boggling Williams comes in vs the starting Jets defense and get 100 yards and had a pretty good game today but they wanted Foster over him for ST...smh

Shaq imo has had that injury and was trying to play through it today it was very evident and why Murphy and hughes got a ton of snaps

Poyer needs to be replaced got burned bad in the Baltimore game.   the deep ball to Watkins he was way late getting over for help unless they wanted Tre one on one...the one TD to the back he was so late covering his assignment and that is not the first time he has been burned like that

Gore should not be back need to find a better option and I do not think Yeldon is it but he is strangely on a 2yr contract so I think that is the route they will go

I agree on QB get this guy a stud big WR that can beat man on man coverage as the Bills smaller WR's seem to shrink up in man on man as was evident today in the second half as the Texans shifted from zone to man on man

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Unless Allen improves immensely and develops skills he currently does not have, it doesn't matter.

Unless they are thinking about getting a new quarterback.

It's gonna be hard for Allen to improve if we have a coaching staff that plays scared, or plays not to lose. Daboll has to go and I'm praying Cleveland takes him off our hands.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have been thinking bout the off season and where I believe the Bill's should spend the $$$$ but after tonight I want the Bill's to spend big on Oline a D Henry. If our current team could run the ball like Tennessee did tonight. And maintained our defence. Along with the growth of Allen and all the rookies,   we WIN ThHE SUPERBOWL

The biggest issue is JA learning the game of football better. We will never get anywhere until he assumes ;leadership and becomes aware of the situations he is in.

Daboll certainly hasnt helped him. and neither has McD.

I dont blame the kid--He is trying his best. But his lack of sensing the rush...and lack of ability to judge when or not to hold onto the ball has just killed us.

we had 44 seconds and 2 TOs at the end of the half at the 20 something...And it looked as though we were in panic mode. etc etc etc

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Yea Frank is gone. Like him but he has to go. 

I wouldn't mind if the Bills gave Frank an RB coaching position if he retires. He was a great mentor and good locker room presence for Devin. Let him do the same with the young guys but not be on the roster. Frank is great to have around, but he's out of gas.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m all aboard the Henry train. But Tennessee is never letting him leave after what he’s done this season. 

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Nahh— free agent RBs are never worth it. Let Tennessee overpay for him. 

Normally you’re right. Except this time. Go take a peak at Henry’s carries per season since entering the league. He’s not a normal back he doesn’t have the wear on his body. This is his first season handling the load. And look what he did. He’s got 2-3 years left of elite play 

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

Shaq play tonight?

Yes, sparingly.  Hughes and Murphy got most of the rotation.  I have no idea why Murphy was in more than Shaq, who was much better than Murphy all season long.