What Changes will be made this Offseason?

wppete

7 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He was making throws that he’s missed all year. How many times have we seen the easiest of throws 4 feet above the guys head? Or bounced 2 feet in the dirt? 
He was hitting those today and kept the chains moving the whole first half. He was in rhythm throwing better than I have seen him.  There were a lot of weird and bad plays. But overall I came away very impressed with his first half. He was putting throws in good places. It didn’t last. He got out of rhythm. But even as bad as the terrible series and sacks were I seen nothing that said he needs to be replaced. 

I didn’t say or even imply we need to replace him. though there are lots of red flags there are some promising bits to.

but to say it was a great half I want it to be a good half compared to good QBs playing good ball not compared to josh playing bad ball. To give it “A” grades, call it great, or brilliant as the board has I want it to be a better than average half for any of the big time guys.

He played ok in the first half and showed some progression but also got away with a few of his usual challenges. 

that he didn’t miss easy throws by 4 ft isn’t a brag

Edited by NoSaint

22 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

In terms of people dumping on Allen. Yeah, he made some shocking decisions in the second half, but overall what does he have to improve Vs the things he does right? 

I think Allen is going to have shockingly good and shockingly bad plays throughout his entire career. I've accepted that. Instead of b****ing about the bad plays, I'm focused on improving his supporting cast so the good plays aren't wasted. There have been too many free rushers and we need a receiver that can catch that TD at the end of the 1st half. Duke is a fun story but no illusions that we need an upgrade there.

Other than adding more talent wherever. The single biggest thing they should do as a staff is, make a pledge to continue to be aggressive on both sides of the ball throughout the game. It was a problem all year. It will make a lot of things better just doing that.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I didn’t say or even imply we need to replace him. though there are lots of red flags there are some promising bits to.

but to say it was a great half I want it to be a good half compared to good QBs playing good ball not compared to josh playing bad ball. To give it “A” grades, call it great, or brilliant as the board has I want it to be a better than average half for any of the big time guys.

He played ok in the first half and showed some progression but also got away with a few of his usual challenges. 

that he didn’t miss easy throws by 4 ft isn’t a brag

Apologies. The original comment I replied to stated they may need to move on to another quarterback or something like that. 

A lot of the young guys make dumb plays. We seen Watson throw a few telegraphed ugly ones. Mahomes does it all the time. I’m not sold on Allen but I do see progression. So I drink some koolaid as long as I continue to see it. Lot of blame to go around for this debacle I just can’t put much on him. 

37 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

This.

Our QBs lack of situational awareness is staggering at times. 

The number of times he's taken sacks or grounded the ball on the cusp of field goal range is truly mind boggling.

His inability to execute the basics is shocking for a player who can make such spectacular plays from time to time. 

Who are bigger bottle jobs, the Bills or Spurs? 

I’m a Spurs fan, too, unfortunately. 

Just now, Lionel Hutz said:

Who are bigger bottle jobs, the Bills or Spurs? 

I’m a Spurs fan, too, unfortunately. 

This year, definitely Tottenham. It's been unwatchable most of the time.

The next 8 weeks looks like it could be brutal without Kane and a competent defense. 

1. Quinton Spain doesnt play another game in a Bills uniform.  He was incredibly overrated all season and showed he doesnt deserve a long term contract next year.

2. Jordan Phillips can go pound salt.   He was a no show tonight, and was a liability in the run the entire season.

3. For the love of God please move Cody Ford to Guard.  I've had enough, he is too short and slow to play tackle.

4. Please draft a wideout over 6'0 tall with good hands or sign Amari Cooper

5. Only sign Shaq Lawson to a long term deal if he is willing to take under 9 million a year.   He was a no show late in the season.

6. Think very hard about giving Poyer an extension.  He was bad late in the season is on the verge of his 30's.

7. Gore was a nice story.  Lets agree to move on now.

They have a gamer at QB.  If they fortify LG and RT, and find a wideout the offense will be better next year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

This year, definitely Tottenham. It's been unwatchable most of the time.

The next 8 weeks looks like it could be brutal without Kane and a competent defense. 

Yeah, good point at the Bills were watchable most of the time this season. 

Except I’ve come to realize that soccer is a much more enjoyable sport to watch on tv compared to football with all the commercials. 

1 minute ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Yeah, good point at the Bills were watchable most of the time this season. 

Except I’ve come to realize that soccer is a much more enjoyable sport to watch on tv compared to football with all the commercials. 

100%. 

I picked it up following college many years ago. Got sick of the commercials and time you have to put into an NFL game.

Soccer. Game over in under 2 hours and often in the morning so you have your full day ahead of you. 

• Like (+1) 1

1. QB needs to keep progressing, he took a big leap this year, he needs another big leap next year with consistency

2. Get him weapons, a 2nd RB, 2 WRs one through FA and one in the draft, problem is there might not be a difference making WR in FA outside of Cooper. I prefer Tee Higgins I’ll put him there for now

1.Brown

2. Beasley 

3. Higgins

4. AJ Green/Geronimo Allison type

5. Duke Williams

6. Andre Roberts

Add a RT who is a starter( Daryl Williams or Jack Conklin) 

The defense could use an Edge player, SLB, # 2 CB. 

23 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

1. Quinton Spain doesnt play another game in a Bills uniform.  He was incredibly overrated all season and showed he doesnt deserve a long term contract next year.

2. Jordan Phillips can go pound salt.   He was a no show tonight, and was a liability in the run the entire season.

3. For the love of God please move Cody Ford to Guard.  I've had enough, he is too short and slow to play tackle.

4. Please draft a wideout over 6'0 tall with good hands or sign Amari Cooper

5. Only sign Shaq Lawson to a long term deal if he is willing to take under 9 million a year.   He was a no show late in the season.

6. Think very hard about giving Poyer an extension.  He was bad late in the season is on the verge of his 30's.

7. Gore was a nice story.  Lets agree to move on now.

They have a gamer at QB.  If they fortify LG and RT, and find a wideout the offense will be better next year. 

If Gore is on this roster next year Beanie should be fired on the spot. Let's just fast forward to next year and discuss the 2-6 start, are we firing Daboll and McD or keeping them.

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If Gore is on this roster next year Beanie should be fired on the spot. Let's just fast forward to next year and discuss the 2-6 start, are we firing Daboll and McD or keeping them.

They arent starting 2-6.   Your high if you think McDermott is going to be on any sort of hot seat after going to the playoffs 2 out of three years.   Time to sleep it off man.

Edited by thenorthremembers

It starts and ends in the trenches, we have alot of work to do as I believe we need at least 2 edge rushers (Possibly 1 FA, 1 in the draft?), LG and RT seem to be positions of need along the OL. A big WR who can catch everything most likely a draft pick.

As far as changes go for coaching I just don't see Daboll here another year with Allen, the OL coach either could be a casualty.

As far as players I think DE Trent Murphy is a goner, Shaq Lawson also and Star next year.