What Changes will be made this Offseason?

wppete

Order of importance:

Allen continues to improve

Add multiple play makers on offense such as Henry and Green.  A RB that demands extra attention and a WR that can beat cover 0.

Add a pressure machine on defense such as Ngakoue. 

Add a CB in the first round and a WR in the second round of the draft.

Have Knox and Singletary work on hands all off-season. Singletary with six catches today! Great to see.

I don't know how much of our $100M cap space that we will willing to push in, but do those things and this team will be noticeably better next year.

Just now, NoSaint said:

At least another season?!? So like year 5 of McDermott?

At least it makes more sense that you were celebrating dukes effort after not catching a ball.

Unfortunately thats what it looks like. I dont think we will be serious contenders next year either. His 5th year could be it.

7 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

These are the sad takes. He’s not polished but come on that kid left it all on the field. Good and bad. Of all the terrible things that went wrong in that game Allen is the last one to blame. He played possibly his best half ever in the first. They tucked tail in the second half. Nobody watched that game and said “wow the bills are going to need a quarterback” 

dude got away with a telegraphed pick 6, barely had a knee down on his fumble and was a part of the mess with the clock. And the only touchdown was thrown by brown.

we were up, he did some good things but I don’t like this narrative of a great half.

Improve the weapons around Allen.   Need to change coaching philosophy and start playing to win and not to lose.  Much as Josh Allen needs to continue to improve and mature we need McDermott to step his game up.  He seems way too comfy playing all these one possession football games. Need a long look at personnel  decisions  Cant have wr and rb spots occupied by special teamers  Need guys who make plays on offense and defense who happen to also be good on special teams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Unfortunately thats what it looks like. I dont think we will be serious contenders next year either. His 5th year could be it.

If we aren’t playing like a real contender next year one of McD, beane or Allen won’t be here the year after.

losing wild card games shouldn’t be an aspiration any more. Next year is hosting and winning a playoff game as a baseline expectation. Preferably more than 1 but anyone expecting less than that should also be calling for change.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Seriously? Can someone remind me how to block someone (it's been a while)? There are more than a few trolls I don't need to hear anymore. Thanks.

Click the 3 lines, account and then ignored users. Lastly put the stupid trolls name in there. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, wppete said:

Looks like we had a decent season this year but we are  at least another year away of being serious contenders. In your opinion what changes need to be made this offseason to improve this team? We have roughly $90 million in cap space and 10 draft picks. Do you think McDermott will make coaching changes. 

A legit receiver is needed. A possession receiver who’s bigger and tougher than Beasely. I wouldn’t care if this was Duke. He seems like the kind of blue collar guy we all seem to love and we could keep him cheap.
    A Pounding Big Back to take Gore’s place. A complimentary smaller back if we get rid of Yeldon,

Maybe Knox becomes dependable but I wouldn’t mind another TE and get rid of Kroft and Smith.

O Line Help. If you give Josh time , he can kill the other team. I would rather draft a day one starting Tackle ahead of a receiver.

Shaq is gone. We need them to sniff out more D help but I trust them more on the D side to do this.

I’m still not sure about Daboll. Sometimes we look great, sometimes lost and uninspired. Maybe it is lack of talent and continuity?

Our special teams is a weakness. We need a new punter and maybe it’s time to start finding Haushka’s replacement. A new coach may be in order.

I’d like to see the D stress Turnovers next year. I can’t name a score by them this year. That sucks!

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

dude got away with a telegraphed pick 6, barely had a knee down on his fumble and was a part of the mess with the clock. And the only touchdown was thrown by brown.

we were up, he did some good things but I don’t like this narrative of a great half.

He was making throws that he’s missed all year. How many times have we seen the easiest of throws 4 feet above the guys head? Or bounced 2 feet in the dirt? 
He was hitting those today and kept the chains moving the whole first half. He was in rhythm throwing better than I have seen him.  There were a lot of weird and bad plays. But overall I came away very impressed with his first half. He was putting throws in good places. It didn’t last. He got out of rhythm. But even as bad as the terrible series and sacks were I seen nothing that said he needs to be replaced. 

This team is more complete than any Bills team has been in a long time.  There are a few missing pieces between good and great.  For me the needs  would be.

1)  Tackle-Dawkins is decent, but Ford is a turnstile. 

2)  Wide Receiver- Williams and McKenzie improved and are good depth, but adding a true number one to complement Brown and Beasley would open up the offense.

3)  Linebacker- With Alexander gone, you have Edmonds, Milano and no one else who is proven. 

4)  Running back- Singletary looks like the real deal, but a good team has multiple options at running backs.  Gore is not getting any younger and Yeldon is not an answer

5)  Backup Quarterback.  I know that there are many Barkley fans, but this position could use an upgrade.   I personally think that last year's Jets game was an outlier and that what we saw from Barkley in the Patriots and Jets games this year is what we would see more of if Allen went down for a few games.

Edited by dgrochester55

31 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Need to upgrade corner #2.  New LG.  New RB2.  New RT if ford kicks over to LG.  Might be heresy, but I think the safeties weren’t all that great down the stretch.  They both stay, but I’d like better tackling there. 

Toss in a replacement/improvement for LorAx and like to see an added pass rusher.