What Changes will be made this Offseason?

wppete

Looks like we had a decent season this year but we are  at least another year away of being serious contenders. In your opinion what changes need to be made this offseason to improve this team? We have roughly $90 million in cap space and 10 draft picks. Do you think McDermott will make coaching changes. 

Edited by wppete

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Unless Allen improves immensely and develops skills he currently does not have, it doesn't matter.

Unless they are thinking about getting a new quarterback.

You're ridiculous. You work so damn hard to blame allen and nobody else that you end up being a complete joke. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Looks like we had a decent season this year but we are  at least another year away of being serious contenders. In your opinion what changes need to be made this offseason to improve this team. We have roughly $90 million in cap space and 10 draft picks. Do you think McDermott will make coaching changes. 

He'll need a new OC after Daboll goes to the Browns.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Unless Allen improves immensely and develops skills he currently does not have, it doesn't matter.

Seriously? Can someone remind me how to block someone (it's been a while)? There are more than a few trolls I don't need to hear anymore. Thanks.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I could see them getting a CB in round one (even though everyone will want WR) to go opposite Trey.

Personally I like MCD's ability to plug guys into this defense, even lower round draft picks, and get results, so I'm not worried about the D. I'd go all in on the offense during early rounds of the draft and early in FA. Couple of WRs, another RB to replace Gore, a couple more o linemen. 

I'd also consider drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. Not to replace Allen, but to have another option besides Barkley should Allen get injured on one of his many runs.

Once I get over this awful loss I'll be quite optimistic about having another good offseason and what that could bring us.

Also, you have to think a lot more FAs will want to come to Buffalo

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Need to upgrade corner #2.  New LG.  New RB2.  New RT if ford kicks over to LG.  Might be heresy, but I think the safeties weren’t all that great down the stretch.  They both stay, but I’d like better tackling there. 

What about WR or TE or Edge?

Edited by egd

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This.

Our QBs lack of situational awareness is staggering at times. 

The number of times he's taken sacks or grounded the ball on the cusp of field goal range is truly mind boggling.

His inability to execute the basics is shocking for a player who can make such spectacular plays from time to time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

These are the sad takes. He’s not polished but come on that kid left it all on the field. Good and bad. Of all the terrible things that went wrong in that game Allen is the last one to blame. He played possibly his best half ever in the first. They tucked tail in the second half. Nobody watched that game and said “wow the bills are going to need a quarterback” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You're on a crusade, aren't you?

• Like (+1) 1

In terms of people dumping on Allen. Yeah, he made some shocking decisions in the second half, but overall what does he have to improve Vs the things he does right? 

Look at it this way, if he connected on say... 3 of those deep passes this season I don't think people would be saying this stuff. He can correct that stuff and I think he will. With a game breaking WR who is big, fast and can go up for contested balls, it'll make a huge amount of difference to his game.

15 minutes ago, wppete said:

Looks like we had a decent season this year but we are  at least another year away of being serious contenders. In your opinion what changes need to be made this offseason to improve this team? We have roughly $90 million in cap space and 10 draft picks. Do you think McDermott will make coaching changes. 

At least another season?!? So like year 5 of McDermott?

At least it makes more sense that you were celebrating dukes effort after not catching a ball.