Memo to Brandon Beane you NEED WRs

15 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Ok maybe not letting Robert Woods who wanted to stay here just walk out the door ?‍♂️ 

Please show your work. Show me something substantive that says Woods wanted to stay here. Not just the polite “love my guys stuff”, something real. He probably said the right stuff, and loved moving on to LA. Prove that wrong. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Not having any true playmakers in the passing game finally did us in Browns tap shoes and Williams end zone drop that’s another 8 points right there 

We certainly need an upgrade at WR but we must get better QB play also. A RB that can pound it would be nice too.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Debo Samuel, DK Metcalf, N’Keal Harry. Anyone of those guys would have been an improvement over anyone not named John Brown. 

And you think that would have had more of an impact on this year's team then our young DT?  He has been DOMINATING and gaming all year.

If ppl want to complain about not taking Metcalf and taking Cody Ford (who I still like as a OG) then a case is there to be made......but once again.  Did anyone plan for Spain and Jon F. to be solid?  For Nescki to get hurt so much?

I think Beane JUST FINE with his last 2 drafts.....it just takes time to do a full rebiuld like we did and biuld the team back up in most cases.   Playoffs in 2 of the last 3 years.....two strong drafts.....one more should do it.

I FULLY expect us to be getting better offensive talent in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Putin said:

We now know Duke is not the answer , we need a stud # 1 WR 

Duke is worth keeping as a #3, along with McKenzie.  Foster does nothing outside of special teams.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Nobody ever gets it 100% correct, but I am SURE I’ll trust our FO over some internet guy using hindsight (and STILL probably getting it wrong). 

It's looking like Ford is Beane's biggest draft miss at this point.  Every team has them and they end up being costly, but it is compounded by moving UP for Ford.

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Duke is worth keeping as a #3, along with McKenzie.  Foster does nothing outside of special teams.

It's looking like Ford is Beane's biggest draft miss at this point.  Every team has them and they end up being costly, but it is compounded by moving UP for Ford.

Far too soon to know. 

Not saying right or wrong, but certainly too soon. 

2 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Debo Samuel, DK Metcalf, N’Keal Harry. Anyone of those guys would have been an improvement over anyone not named John Brown. 

Not Harry... he drops a ton of balls. Patriots fans despise him.

We should have drafted AJ Brown over Cody Ford... with Nsekhe we had a starter at RT. I like Ford... especially for the future but AJ Brown would have filled a much bigger need on this team

Just now, Kmart128 said:

Not Harry... he drops a ton of balls. Patriots fans despise him.

We should have drafted AJ Brown over Cody Ford... with Nsekhe we had a starter at RT. I like Ford... especially for the future but AJ Brown would have filled a much bigger need on this team

hindsight AJ Brown would be the wr1 we lack

17 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Apparently it is to the front office 

In there defense you can't fill all your holes in one off season, Brown and Beasley were nice off season pickups last year, don't ya think? There isn't a tree that I know of that grows elite receivers?

Edited by billrooter

14 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Too early to say on Ford. He could be a really good LG. I’m not even ready to give up on him at RT yet. It’s really tough to label someone a miss after 1 season.

57 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Too early to say on Ford. He could be a really good LG. I’m not even ready to give up on him at RT yet. It’s really tough to label someone a miss after 1 season.

When do you pull the trigger?  Training camp is the obvious answer; only problem is that occurs well after the draft.  At the very least, they need to bring in and/or draft a RT; whether they want to give Ford more chances, or not.  Ford's spot cannot be guaranteed next year.

I’m assuming the Bengals will tag AJ Green and try to trade him. 
what would he cost to play one year with under the tag? Do that and draft Shenault in round 1. 
your receivers could be...

Green

Brown

Beasley

Shenault

Roberts 

Plus one of McKenzie/Foster/Williams or even another later draft pick. 

Edited by Dkollidas