This game was lost many ways, but the biggest was blocking

Rubes

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

That's not a prevent, that's lining your guys up at the sticks on 3rd/long which every team in the NFL has been doing for years.

You start there at the snap so you can play the down moving forward, but a couple guys didn't execute; Edmunds was one of them.

no one even met the guy until he was 1 yard away from first down lol

11 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Nope.  It was lost by an out of control Allen in the second half, turning into hero ball, idiot decision maker Allen.  WTF was that lateral?  Bombs to Demarco?  Are you kidding me?

Why is Dimarco even on the field running a deep route?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Bad play calling, poor tackling and stupid penalties lost this game.

Yep, and a few missed opportunities 

Brown not getting his feet in, duke twice not coming down with the ball, perfectly schemed QB bootleg, perfect blitz called and Milano- neal cant bring him down, third and long and the linebackers depth is too far and 3 OL miss the block 

Edited by Jerboski
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Nope.  It was lost by an out of control Allen in the second half, turning into hero ball, idiot decision maker Allen.  WTF was that lateral?  Bombs to Demarco?  Are you kidding me?

hero ball and horrable situational awareness. tackling was a issue as well

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Blocking?  How about some quarterbacking!?  

Josh gave us his usual performance today.  Some good, some great, some FREAKING HORRIBLE...

And in the end it's just not enough to win.

Need more points.

16 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

To me the game was lost on having a 16-0 lead with about 20 minutes left and allowing Houston the cross the goal line 4 times.  Regardless of what the closk showked, giving up 18 yards on a 3rd and 18 is also what lost the game.  Considering the overall limited talent on offense , not blaming them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

To me the game was lost on having a 16-0 lead with about 20 minutes left and allowing Houston the cross the goal line 4 times.  Regardless of what the closk showked, giving up 18 yards on a 3rd and 18 is also what lost the game.  Considering the overall limited talent on offense , not blaming them. 

They should have been able to tee off on Watson in the 2nd half. McDermott was infamous for this in Carolina as well.

31 minutes ago, Simon said:

You're absolutely right Rubes.

And that wasn't the first time Daboll did that with DiMarco today

Can’t understand the logic of spreading Dimarco wide?  All year never saw it work for,anything 

29 minutes ago, Rubes said:

The problem as I see it is that Daboll relies too much on pass plays (like this one) that takes too long to develop. You can do that when you have a strong offensive line that can give their QB the time for that to develop. It should have been clear to him in the second half that the line was seriously struggling to block anyone, and not to rely on slow developing plays.

I hope Cleveland solves that problem for us...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

I wish coaches didnt take away Allens scramble... I mean Watson was hailed for his constant and immediate scrambles for 5-7 yards and yes they were effective. Yet when Allen was doing them last year it was "gotta stop that and throw from pocket"

I mean you see how much he fumbles right?  At least the picks are down. 

Tough to put it on one dude but i remember back to back plays they rushed 3 and 4 and blew the doors off us. I was flabbergasted 

Edited by BillsMafia13

6 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

I mean you see how much he fumbles right?  At least the picks are down. 

Tough to put it on one dude but i remember back to back plays they rushed 3 and 4 and blew the doors off us. I was flabbergasted 

The fumbling thing has been a concern this year... I remember him running much more often last year and not fumbling

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

3 guys whiffed on 41 on the QB power in OT. If one of them blocks him, we’re on the 30.

True. I was so surprised he made the tackle, I saw 41 clearly, but also saw Morse and others, I was sure it would be a HUGE run. But on replay, you see it's just one of those freak things, when 3 people assume the other guy is doing it. Sucks but it happens, especially like that in the open. But it's NOT acceptable when Watt just goes untouched to begin a play! WTH. Makes zero sense.

Edited by Jerome007

2 hours ago, Billznut said:

The offensive line definitely could be upgraded, but seeing that they just did that last off season I expect them to focus in other areas and all these OL will be back again. Hopefully they will be better next year. ALL facets of the offense need to improve. QB, OL, WR, TE

I don’t know if he’ll make a difference, but we do have tackle LaAdrian Waddle on IR. 

2 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Can’t understand the logic of spreading Dimarco wide?  All year never saw it work for,anything 

I think DiMarco made a couple of nice catches.  But I don’t understand it at all.

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

DiMarco shouldn't have even been on the field in the first place. Josh wasn't good but other than Singletary and Josh himself there is a lack of play makers on this team. Brown and Beasley are nice complimentary pieces. Fix the RT position and get a true #1 WR will only serve to aide in his development.

39 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Disagree with the OP.  The biggest reason this season,along with this game, was lost, was coaching

Coaching of the blockers? Sure, I can go with that.