This game was lost many ways, but the biggest was blocking

Rubes

1 minute ago, Mshaw said:

that was embarrassing from the coaching staff. 

literally playing not to lose, it was disgusting to watch. this is the worst Bills loss since I've been a fan. 

i can think of a few others that were worse

Just now, Jerboski said:

How about calling a gameplan he can succeed in, you know like the first half? You take the ball out of His hands the entire second half and expect him to win it for you after you basically say we dint trust you

I have been saying it all year  Either give the kid the keys to the car for 4 quarters or not at all.  In OT we go empty set and put it all on Allen  Texans were willing to run the ball

OP you are 100% correct  Morse makes a block on that sweep and were on to round 2 of the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Mostly by the offensive line, but also the TEs. I was just left speechless by how many times offensive players could have blocked someone but didn't, or whiffed so quickly and thoroughly it should be a crime.

Not just the times that JJ Watt just walked into the backfield, but other ways as well. A great example was the Josh sweep in overtime...he had three guys in front of him, each of whom had a clear line to the defender, and all three chose not to block the guy. Just ran right by him. If any one of them decides to block the guy, Josh is sprinting down the sidelines. Why nobody wanted to take the guy out is just baffling.

Lots of folks are dogging Allen on this one, but to me it had everything to do with the really crappy blocking in the second half.

Part of me is convinced the OL let 41 light up Josh on the sweep because he had his head up his ass for the last 10 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Guess I'll just disagree. Allen was under constant pressure from guys who seem to have forgotten how to block. And it wasn't Allen's idea to send DiMarco on a freaking fly pattern.

DiMarco was running a clearout. It worked. Brown got wide open coming across the middle. That was where the ball was supposed to go. 

2 minutes ago, Mshaw said:

that was embarrassing from the coaching staff. 

literally playing not to lose, it was disgusting to watch. this is the worst Bills loss since I've been a fan. 

to me its replaced the Music City Miracle  Up 16-0 we choked

The OL has had these breakdowns all season. At certain points in the game they start whiffing on blocks and allowing pressure right off the snap. I'm really not sure what you expect of any QB when he doesn't even get time to complete his drop and setup. He had some bonehead moments all on his own and you could see it in his face at the end how bummed he was, probably going over all the plays they missed on. Farts. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

DiMarco had inside position and if he timed his jump better it’s completed.

I'm, he can't jump better, he's a FB

Yeah those FB's are not the most athletic guys :)

real bad attempt on the jump lol but oldmanfan is correct he would of caught it with a better attempt :)

Just now, GunnerBill said:

DiMarco was running a clearout. It worked. Brown got wide open coming across the middle. That was where the ball was supposed to go. 

The problem as I see it is that Daboll relies too much on pass plays (like this one) that takes too long to develop. You can do that when you have a strong offensive line that can give their QB the time for that to develop. It should have been clear to him in the second half that the line was seriously struggling to block anyone, and not to rely on slow developing plays.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

They showed a shot from behind the play.  I didn’t see anyone open there.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen was sitting in a recliner most of the game. The OL was outstanding. No line blocks perfect on every play and no defense allows 0 points. This is just scapegoating Allen losing the game. Watson was sacked 7 times and still won. How did they not lose with OL play like that?

In my humble opinion.  Bills do billsy things.....good first half play calling.....horrible second half playcalling.....prevent defense.   Never....deep  route to FB dimarco....horrible.....no singletary runs or screens ????   Brian daboll and Leslie Frazier are just ok.....josh is young and will have to improve....Jordan poyer is old and slow....star should be gone....we need Jaquan Johnson out there at safety.....good call or on duke over foster to play.

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

That's not a prevent, that's lining your guys up at the sticks on 3rd/long which every team in the NFL has been doing for years.

You start there at the snap so you can play the down moving forward, but a couple guys didn't execute; Edmunds was one of them.

Yep, the execution on that play was awful 

Edmund's and milano get a lot of praise on this board but they had some back breaking mistakes today as well. Nobody on d was as bad as poyer today, he was terrible 

10 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

3 guys whiffed on 41 on the QB power in OT. If one of them blocks him, we’re on the 30.

Yeah, that was crazy. He ran right by 3 blockers. Blockers who are looking for people to block.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Allen was sitting in a recliner most of the game. The OL was outstanding. No line blocks perfect on every play and no defense allows 0 points. This is just scapegoating Allen losing the game. Watson was sacked 7 times and still won. How did they not lose with OL play like that?

In the first half, sure. Not in the second half.

And the Texans didn't lose because they could convert a 3rd and 18, and by escaping a certain sack.

• Like (+1) 1