This game was lost many ways, but the biggest was blocking

Rubes

Mostly by the offensive line, but also the TEs. I was just left speechless by how many times offensive players could have blocked someone but didn't, or whiffed so quickly and thoroughly it should be a crime.

Not just the times that JJ Watt just walked into the backfield, but other ways as well. A great example was the Josh sweep in overtime...he had three guys in front of him, each of whom had a clear line to the defender, and all three chose not to block the guy. Just ran right by him. If any one of them decides to block the guy, Josh is sprinting down the sidelines. Why nobody wanted to take the guy out is just baffling.

Lots of folks are dogging Allen on this one, but to me it had everything to do with the really crappy blocking in the second half.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Blocking?  How about some quarterbacking!?  

Josh gave us his usual performance today.  Some good, some great, some FREAKING HORRIBLE...

And in the end it's just not enough to win.

Need more points.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Mostly by the offensive line, but also the TEs. I was just left speechless by how many times offensive players could have blocked someone but didn't, or whiffed so quickly and thoroughly it should be a crime.

Not just the times that JJ Watt just walked into the backfield, but other ways as well. A great example was the Josh sweep in overtime...he had three guys in front of him, each of whom had a clear line to the defender, and all three chose not to block the guy. Just ran right by him. If any one of them decides to block the guy, Josh is sprinting down the sidelines. Why nobody wanted to take the guy out is just baffling.

Lots of folks are dogging Allen on this one, but to me it had everything to do with the really crappy blocking in the second half.

That play had me screaming at the tv. WTF!! This game made my head spin with so much anxiety.  But the officiating in OT was the capper. Clearly the game clock had expired before the snap on 3rd and 18. How that is not reviewable is beyond me. This should be a simple rule. In the NBA, they review the shot clock and can tell if a player beat the clock. Why didn't we get that review. The play should have been blown dead.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Nope.  It was lost by an out of control Allen in the second half, turning into hero ball, idiot decision maker Allen.  WTF was that lateral?  Bombs to Demarco?  Are you kidding me?

Guess I'll just disagree. Allen was under constant pressure from guys who seem to have forgotten how to block. And it wasn't Allen's idea to send DiMarco on a freaking fly pattern.

• Like (+1) 3

The offensive line definitely could be upgraded, but seeing that they just did that last off season I expect them to focus in other areas and all these OL will be back again. Hopefully they will be better next year. ALL facets of the offense need to improve. QB, OL, WR, TE

Just now, PolishPrince said:

How about going into a full prevent defense on 3rd and 18 in OT and allowing a short underneath throw to convert?

It's the play that stands out the most, I agree, but like I said the game was lost many ways, that being one of them. I just don't think it was the biggest overall.

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Nope.  It was lost by an out of control Allen in the second half, turning into hero ball, idiot decision maker Allen.  WTF was that lateral?  Bombs to Demarco?  Are you kidding me?

How about calling a gameplan he can succeed in, you know like the first half? You take the ball out of His hands the entire second half and expect him to win it for you after you basically say we dint trust you

• Like (+1) 1

How about going into a full prevent defense on 3rd and 18 in OT and allowing a short underneath throw to convert?

that was embarrassing from the coaching staff. 

literally playing not to lose, it was disgusting to watch. this is the worst Bills loss since I've been a fan. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Jerboski said:

How about calling a gameplan he can succeed in, you know like the first half? You take the ball out of His hands the entire second half and expect him to win it for you after you basically say we dint trust you

I expected more Singletary in OT.  Big miss

• Like (+1) 1

That's not a prevent, that's lining your guys up at the sticks on 3rd/long which every team in the NFL has been doing for years.

You start there at the snap so you can play the down moving forward, but a couple guys didn't execute; Edmunds was one of them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rubes said:

Guess I'll just disagree. Allen was under constant pressure from guys who seem to have forgotten how to block. And it wasn't Allen's idea to send DiMarco on a freaking fly pattern.

3 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

DiMarco had inside position and if he timed his jump better it’s completed.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Blocking?  How about some quarterbacking!?  

Josh gave us his usual performance today.  Some good, some great, some FREAKING HORRIBLE...

And in the end it's just not enough to win.

Need more points.

are you on here to just go into every thread and trash buffalo in one way or another. find another team to root for, no room for that ***** here. you are literally going into every thread to just be a negative ***** fan. josh played as expected for a 2nd year project QB. his O line crumbled at the end of the game, that didnt help. the defense let us down at the end, also that cody ford call was ass. we lost to a team who stomped the pats and who beat the cheifs. we had them on the ropes. im PROUD of buffalo and what they did this year, cant wait til the next 12-15 years with this group. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

You're absolutely right Rubes.

And that wasn't the first time Daboll did that with DiMarco today

• Like (+1) 3