Late Ford personal foul call a joke

10 hours ago, peterpan said:

The bills did plenty to lose it on their own, but..... Your statement is inaccurate.  

The refs took away that TD on the kickoff.  The crack back block that wasn't, cust us a potential game winning FG. 

Texans a yard short on their first first down in OT.  A full 2 secs past 0 on the play lock on that 3-18 they picked up, we get the ball back in OT.  Another .issues block in the back on Jordan phillips.  

What happened to the rule you can’t put all your body weight into a QBs as you hit them on a follow through?  Did that penalty just go away during the season?  That could have been called on Watt too on the Bills last drive. Horseshit officiating on that drive.  Technically I guess they could call Ford on what they did, if you want to give the refs the benefit of the doubt but it was highly questionable and it wasn’t the intent of the rule to stop blocks like Ford’s which was actually impeding a pursuing defender and was neither blind nor vicious.  It was a blatant call to influence the game outcome. 

I’m so glad they mic’ed up that juice monkey meathead Watt to hear him say “let’s go” 85 times.  You don’t recover from surgery that fast land on it like he did a couple of times without taking some type of PED like HGH. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Funny how common sense calls or ticky tacky flags only ever cost the Bills games. 

Maybe one day our opponent will get screwed and we benefit, that would be nice.

Ya, not one call on Houston all day except presnap penalties if I remember correctly. Must be nice 

Mike P (forgive me on the last name) , a former NFL official, has already spelled out clearly that this was not the right call and an extremely weak interpretation of the rule. The fact that the ref pulled it in OT of an NFL playoff game makes it that much worse. There’s no telling if house money makes the kick but I certainly liked his odds to do so. Damn shame.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ayjent said:

I’m so glad they mic’ed up that juice monkey meathead Watt to hear him say “let’s go” 85 times.  You don’t recover from surgery that fast land on it like he did a couple of times without taking some type of PED like HGH. 

Thank you.  It’s also my understanding that torn pectoral muscles really don’t happen in the first place to young men who aren’t using.  

The JJ Watt ball washing was the single most irritating feature of the broadcast yesterday, although that’s probably because I watched the game in Canada and wasn’t subjected to the insipid Aaron Rodgers/Mahomes commercials.

Edited by mannc

11 hours ago, MJS said:

I deny it. It was an illegal block. Now we can call it ticky tack because it wasn't vicious or impacting the play, but refs call those all the time.

It's because it's a new rule this year. Every time this had been called this year it has been ticky tack!  There are a handful of blindside blocks that are vicious and deserve the penalty, but all Ford is doing is sealing an edge.

I hate the call, absolutely hate it, but it has been there rule all year and I think it needs to change again.

1 minute ago, nkreed said:

It's because it's a new rule this year. Every time this had been called this year it has been ticky tack!  There are a handful of blindside blocks that are vicious and deserve the penalty, but all Ford is doing is sealing an edge.

I hate the call, absolutely hate it, but it has been there rule all year and I think it needs to change again.

So it’s OK to enforce a stupid rule in a ticky tacky manner vs the Bills in a key situation, but “common sense” must prevail when the KO return man flips a live football to the referee in his own end zone?  (Not saying that’s your position.)

Just now, mannc said:

So it’s OK to enforce a stupid rule in a ticky tacky manner vs the Bills in a key situation, but “common sense” must prevail when the KO return man flips a live football to the referee in his own end zone?  (Not saying that’s your position.)

I get it. I also remember Hughes being are the back of a pile on his own sideline after the fumble recovery and getting an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty for.......... trying to get Texans off his teammates?

I was surprised that Tony Corrente allowed the first down to stay on the last drive, but he has called a lot of sh***y calls on the Bills over the years (my bias is showing, and so is his).  Once I noticed it was Corrente heading the crew I was waiting for that, "huh?" call.

Also, the head to head hit on Allen... They don't call that two plays before....I was actually surprised they didn't take Allen out of the game.

Bills rookie offensive tackle Cody Ford said that fans told him to "kill yourself" after the team's loss to the Houston Texans in an AFC wild-card game.

Ford was called for an illegal blindside block in overtime that scuttled the Bills' lone offensive series of the extra period.

Wrote wrote on Twitter, "I get told, 'you suck,' 'you should quit football, 'you're a disgrace,' etc. ... and that's cool. But to tell me to 'kill myself,' that's not cool at all. I play every game and every play with the same love and passion when I first started this game. To the fans who truly support me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. To my family and loved ones who have supported me from Day 1 I thank you the most."

I find this to be one of the most disgusting things i have ever heard from a Bills fan.

We are all upset/angry/gutted/shattered etc. but there is absolutely no excuse for this rot. My heart goes out to Ford at this time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Here's the thing. That never gets called. F*** that it gets called. How many times have you seen that this year?

In Bills games? Average of about 0.75/gameish

That had been called all season, and almost all of them have not been forceful.  It was a rule change for this year that NEEDS to go.

1 minute ago, nkreed said:

In Bills games? Average of about 0.75/gameish

That had been called all season, and almost all of them have not been forceful.  It was a rule change for this year that NEEDS to go.

I believe it’s a judgement call, and the problem in the NFL is that the refs are consistently showing really poor situational awareness and judgement. There’s ZERO chance that’s called against the Patriots. ZERO

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I believe it’s a judgement call, and the problem in the NFL is that the refs are consistently showing really poor situational awareness and judgement. There’s ZERO chance that’s called against the Patriots. ZERO

I can't disagree with you. Again I will point to Corrente and his bias against the Bills (I know those things don't exist....). This is just what we have to deal with. 

It was a horrible call that does not reflect the rules at all. Didn’t lead with his head or shoulder; didn’t make forcible contact at all.

Horrible.

Didn't cost Buffalo the game since Haus probably doesn’t hit a 55-yarder, but it was brutal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

It was a horrible call that does not reflect the rules at all. Didn’t lead with his head or shoulder; didn’t make forcible contact at all.

Horrible.

Didn't cost Buffalo the game since Haus probably doesn’t hit a 55-yarder, but it was brutal.

And the defender saw him coming.  There was also the RTP on Watt (full weight on QB) that wasn't called earlier on that drive and the helmet hit on Josh's scramble. 

Perfect. On the earlier edition of Sportscenter, Hasselbeck said the opening kick of the 3rd was wrongly overturned and after they showed this penalty on Ford, he said it was not a penalty and should not have been called. Now on Sportscenter, the new analyst is saying the kickoff overturn was the correct call and they don't even show the overtime blocking penalty. ?‍♂️

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

13 hours ago, Rubes said:

It's s ***** call, but it's still the rule. You can't block someone while facing your own end zone.

Very true.  But so is it a rule that a ballcarrier can't give him self up by sticking his arms out like a ski jumper and flipping the ball to the ref.  Common sense -- not the letter of the law -- prevailed there, and it should have on the Ford call, too. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Very true.  But so is it a rule that a ballcarrier can't give him self up by sticking his arms out like a ski jumper and flipping the ball to the ref.  Common sense -- not the letter of the law -- prevailed there, and it should have on the Ford call, too. 

Yup.  Even if you (mistakenly) think that Ford's actions were a penalty, you can't claim one if the letter of the law and the other doesn't have to be held to the letter of the law.

• Like (+1) 1