Late Ford personal foul call a joke

43 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

The announcer, Booger McFarland is one of the biggest morons out there.

Look at Mike Perreira's twitter post. He admitted it was wrong. There was no forcible contact. Forcible is part of the terminology in that rule too.

I don't think there's a lineman in the NFL that would turn away and not make the same block.

Probably cost us the game.

Another play on a critical drive for the Texans they clearly ran out of time on the play clock. No call

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Didn't see any crack back block on that call.  Took us out of field goal range and a chance to win right there.  Tic Tac b.s. call.

Frustrated....

Me neither- he merely turned around and blocked- bogus call but we played awful for much of the game on offense.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Completely different.  White went to the ground which is the way you give youself up.  

He didn't go to the ground on purpose. He went to the ground to make the catch within the play.

16 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

The QB is a runner here and can be hit like any RB in that situation. Helmet to helmet is fine on a RB (happens most runs) but is a penalty if the runner is being held in a vulnerable position and can’t defend himself. Clearly not the case here.

Actually it is illegal to initiate contact with the crown of your helmet regardless of the one carrying the ball. Also illegal for offensive players to initiate contact with their helmets.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

He didn't go to the ground on purpose. He went to the ground to make the catch within the play.

Then he stayed down giving himself up, then he got up and celebrated.  Houston dude knew the rule.  He had knelt earlier in the game. He screwed up but it's the rule.  Like someone else said, at no point during that play did he give himself up.  If he ran it out the results would have counted.  You give yourself up by kneeling, not by throwing the ball.

Show me another pkay where that happened this year and I'll stand corrected.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Then he stayed down giving himself up, then he got up and celebrated.  Houston dude knew the rule.  He had knelt earlier in the game. He screwed up but it's the rule.  Like someone else said, at no point during that play did he give himself up.  If he ran it out the results would have counted.  You give yourself up by kneeling, not by throwing the ball.

Show me another pkay where that happened this year and I'll stand corrected.

They recently changed the rules on kickoffs and call the play dead much quicker now in the end zone. So I'm guessing that goes into the mentality of players and officials.

I personally think the act of turning to the official and tossing him the ball is giving yourself up.

They will need to nail down what constitutes "giving yourself up" in the future and what that actually means.

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

No face to face, couldn’t have been more strait up...

You're wrong. Go watch the play. Even if they weren't, it was STILL illegal because he was facing his own end zone, which constitutes an illegal cut back block.

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

No, it is confusing to me- thanks for showing me the way.

You get what I'm saying though?

Like the play to Duke Williams in the end zone, great pass, Williams would have scored the TD. Opposition's DB made a great play and prevented the TD.

I don't call that playing awful on O. 

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

They recently changed the rules on kickoffs and call the play dead much quicker now in the end zone. So I'm guessing that goes into the mentality of players and officials.

I personally think the act of turning to the official and tossing him the ball is giving yourself up.

They will need to nail down what constitutes "giving yourself up" in the future and what that actually means.

You're wrong. Go watch the play. Even if they weren't, it was STILL illegal because he was facing his own end zone, which constitutes an illegal cut back block.

Yet head of officials said the blindside block was INCORRECT>

Also the "rule changes to kickoffs." The old saying is play until the whistle. How would you feel if bills guys saw him walk and started jogging off field and the returner took off and ran for 40 yards?

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I’m sorry when the NFL expert says it was the wrong call, your point doesn’t cut it....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Giving oneself up should be defined in the book.  If throwing the ball to the ref isn't on the list then he didn't give himself up.  If they don't define it in the book then that need some on change

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Yes it was another missed called,  check the replay

Tre White had time to point to the play clock at .00 before the snap.  Almost needed to come across the neutral zone at 0.00 to force them to make the call.  It was not close. They gave Josh a TO after the playclock had run out but that was a 1st and 20 situation not 3rd and 18 in OT.  Bills D dropped too deep on that play and reacted very slow to the underneath pass.