The fair catch, that wasn't.

peterpan

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Because he clearly gave himself up and that would have been the most horrendous call in the history of the sport, just my opinion though.

Yet if a Houston player picked that up and ran it back for a TD it probably would've counted and not been overturned. And people everywhere would think it was a legit TD and mocking us.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Because he clearly gave himself up and that would have been the most horrendous call in the history of the sport, just my opinion though.

I get this and understand but little things matter.  He made a mental error and he got a pass.  

• Like (+1) 18

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm sorry, but no he didn't.  By rule, the only way to clearly give yourself up, is by calling fair catch, or knelling.  I guess he could have laid down and curled up in a ball as well.  

By rule, he fumbled. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

If you need to rely on a BS call like that then you don't deserve to be there in the first place. Even at the time I thought I hope they overturn it because that's all that will be talked about after the game. Rather we won it fairly, sadly they didn't!

Houston just relied on a BS blindside block rule to win.

Why is blocking a guy while coming back to your endzone an automatic penalty? He blocked him like any normal legal block would look facing the other way.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, peterpan said:

I'm sorry, but no he didn't.  By rule, the only way to clearly give yourself up, is by calling fair catch, or knelling.  I guess he could have laid down and curled up in a ball as well.  

By rule, he fumbled. 

welcome to the last five years of the NFL rules, play was ? 

Idk, in the past that definitely would have been a live ball. But when the ball is kicked into the end zone now, as soon as it touches the ground it's dead now. So I don't see how that's a live ball. 

Edited by Motorin'

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

By rule, he fumbled. 

wrong

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

So how do you feel when someone is running for a break away TD and drops ball while celebrating before endzone? I mean his intent was obviously to score TD

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Did you get the memo?  This is the part where we Bills fans B word about the officiating and discuss how it resulted in us losing.

Again.

• Like (+1) 1