We need an improved O-line and WRs

none of this matters if Allen doesn't improve. 

put up 1 TD against the 30th ranked pass defense, and that was a trick play. had plenty of time to throw today even on his last OT drive. he choked 

Edited by Mshaw
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That third down play after the gore run (gore being in the game drives me nuts) two linemen are looking right, rusher comes right past them, Singletary tries to pick up the delayed blitzer and misses. 
What the f were Spain and the other guy looking at. Just seems communication on the offensive line has been an issue all year. 

On Dabolls favorite call the josh Allen roll right sweep that should’ve been a 20 yard gain. Cunningham is starting at 3 lead blockers and only Knox tries to take the guy on. They should’ve buried Cunningham and we are in field goal range. 

Tons of blame to go around in this game but our offensive line has been better than the 2018 version but not good enough in my opinion. This game is a microcosm of what I’ve seen in multiple games this year. They miss assignments and have untimely penalties on big plays. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Mshaw said:

put up 1 TD against the 30th ranked pass defense, and that was a trick play. had plenty of time to throw today even on his last OT drive. he choked 

Saying Allen choked is a bit harsh. Panicked at times may be more appropriate. He wasn't alone... OL needs help. DL couldn't get home and tackle when they needed to. Let's grow from this, draft well, and come back stronger!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

I'm actually encouraged by Allen's play today. Houston made adjustments after the half and were able to bring pressure. That wasn't on  Allen. Our O-line had no answer. He was accurate with most of his throws. The Bills need to prioritize the O-line, find a couple of playmaking WRs and another RB.  Beane should be able to do that in FA and the draft. With more talent at those positions I think Allen could really shine.

I assume that the conservative offensive philosophy we see largely derive from these limitations and the fact that the D is the team's strong suit. If however this approach continues after an infusion of talent during the offseason and we continue to play for fgs, them McD needs to go because I'm pretty sure he's the one setting the tone for the gameplan we see on O. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mshaw said:

It also doesn't help when the receivers don't get open. ***** offense altogether honestly.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills ought to be among top 5 in free agency additions. It is time to cut the fat, resign value, and break the bank! Now is the time to win the division.

Year 3 for Allen and Coaches. Up to 115 million or so of cap space if fat is cut. Next two years determine Allen/McDermott and franchise for this decade.

Cut Fat: DiMarco, Kroft, Lee Smith, Yeldon, Murphy (played better lately), Nsheke, and restructure Star. 

Let Go by FA/Retirement: Gore, Alexander, Stanford, and Spain (moving Ford to backup guard).

Resign Value on DL/CB  Phillips, Lawson, K. Johnson, Wallace, L. Waddle (tackle depth). Have Wade as PR/KR with Roberts and as the 3rd/4th back.

Offense Targets

2nd RB: Peyton Barber (lucky to get Hyde)

TE: Austin Hooper (2nd choice: H. Henry)

OG: Andrus Peat (Scherff is a dream)

OT: Bulaga or D. Williams (Conklin/Constanzo dream)

WR: Green (pipedream) Cooper or R. Anderson are not worth money. If no on Green, Best WR available in Round 1 or 2 (Tee Higgins)

DE: Yannick or Armstead (Van Noy soild alternative as cover LB and blitz DE)

OLB:  Judson (Kline as alternative)

CB: Wayans (compete with Johnson/Wallace for #2CB)

FS/SS: Get a solid vet for depth (pipedream of Ward or Joseph from 49ers or Raiders for Zone coverages and future replacement of Poyer or Hyde).

ST: Competition for Bojo and Hausch that are undrafted free agents or if a good competition piece wiggles free:

Draft

1st: WR/DE or if RB Taylor available

2nd: WR/DE/OT/RB

3rd: BPA: LB/CB/G

4th-6th: 5 Picks in these rounds..draft depth at all positions...OT/OG/DT/DE/S/RB

Edited by Wizard
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mshaw said:

Wrong. If it is fixed and Allen does not improve , that will be a problem.