play clock ran out on 3-18 by a full second

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yes the clock ran out but on 3rd and 18 they should have made the stop.  And again in OT 

they had Watson dead to rights and let him get away.  The call I hated was the blindside block call on Ford with the Bills driving into FG range.  That call was weak at best and calling it in playoff OT is terrible.

3 hours ago, MassHog said:

That "Blind Side Block" was the worst call I have ever seen. The dude was at 2 o'clock. if hes at 5, 6 or 7, I understand it, but he was in clear eyesight

Total crap but they called it by the book. I thought this rule was added to stop blind side blocks after ints etc. but they've been calling it on o lineman this year because of how the rule is worded. This has to be changed in the off season. What's the guy supposed to do...just let him hit the QB???

Refs doing ref things:

1) after further research, the second half KO was clearly a bills TD. You can’t catch a KO then just flip it to the ref. It’s a live ball.  Bills would have been up 20-0

2) the blindside block was at best highly questionable and at worst a completely bogus call. Cost the bills at least a FG try for the win. 

3) the non delay of game was, in my opinion, the worst non call I’ve ever seen. The play clock was a good 2 seconds past 00 before the snap. Instead of 3rd and 18 it should have been 3rd and 23. Since the Texans got 18 for a first, I think that no call was crucial. 

4) Texans called for 4 dead ball 5 yard fouls all game and that’s it!?  Really!?!?  What a crock of *****. I could have picked out at least a half dozen plays where there was a foul on the Texans. 

Nuts and Bolts: Bills get screwed again. 

4 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

So your argument is invalid here as there’s a clear shot from another angle of the play clock on the field at 0 with the ball not being snapped. 

ENexJ6CW4AEOUme?format=jpg&name=large

for all you not at zero people because the game clock on TV isn’t official. 

We have alot of ref fans on TBD dude. If they are not getting paid by the league/vegas I find it comical lately.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

it’s generally not called dead on at 0- if the nfl wanted it’d be an easy fix to have the clock tied to the officials but leaving it visual they seem a-okay with about a second lag as standard margin of error.

Should be just like the shot clock in basketball...a reviewable call that’s enforced every time.  Or just do away with the damn play clock.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Add that in with the bad illegal block call, two missed facemasks, blown call on KO that should have resulted in a Bills TD and a 20 -0 lead etc etc. League got the matchup they wanted. Watson and JJ Watt Vs Mahomes. 

Blindside block.  They were both looking at each other.  How is that a blindside block.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

it’s generally not called dead on at 0- if the nfl wanted it’d be an easy fix to have the clock tied to the officials but leaving it visual they seem a-okay with about a second lag as standard margin of error.

A full second lag is usually deemed beyond the margin of error and will be called. It wasn’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

A full second lag is usually deemed beyond the margin of error and will be called. It wasn’t. 

I haven’t gone back to watch a replay, honestly. So it could be out of the norm. But of the reasons we lost, or conspiracies against us- I’ll have a hard time getting fired up on this one, pretty much no matter what.

7 hours ago, mannc said:

Should be just like the shot clock in basketball...a reviewable call that’s enforced every time.  Or just do away with the damn play clock.

What I can’t understand is why in this day and age can one of the responsible refs just not wear a buzzer of some sorts that goes off when the clock hits zero? I mean how easy is that, and ensures they keep eyes on play and not clock.