play clock ran out on 3-18 by a full second

Yes the clock ran out but on 3rd and 18 they should have made the stop.  And again in OT 

they had Watson dead to rights and let him get away.  The call I hated was the blindside block call on Ford with the Bills driving into FG range.  That call was weak at best and calling it in playoff OT is terrible.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yes the clock ran out but on 3rd and 18 they should have made the stop.  And again in OT 

they had Watson dead to rights and let him get away.  The call I hated was the blindside block call on Ford with the Bills driving into FG range.  That call was weak at best and calling it in playoff OT is terrible.

In games this close, bad calls decide the game.

Imagine the refs made a bad call before the Immaculate Reception, or the Tyree Catch, or the Butler pick. 

People like to pretend that these games are always in the team's hands. They're not. Every great team relies on the refs in crunch time to make the right call. Even the greatest dynasties would not be dynasties with those types of calls. 

Thought experiment: when was the last time we won a game where the other team got absolutely hosed by the referees? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Some here have pointed out the TV and on the field clock might not be the same?  I don’t know

But I feel I could accept the loss more if I knew for sure that wasn’t a delay of game.  It’s like at least I know there wasn’t a screw job involved 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The TV screen is not the official clock

the TV screen is often wrong 

So your argument is invalid here as there’s a clear shot from another angle of the play clock on the field at 0 with the ball not being snapped. 

ENexJ6CW4AEOUme?format=jpg&name=large

for all you not at zero people because the game clock on TV isn’t official. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The TV screen is not the official clock

the TV screen is often wrong 

True, plus then ref watches the clock, then looks at the ball so there's a delay.  You see that all the ime in every game, if it's within a  second or go they let it go as they know it's not  an exact science

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

There was also the play where time ran out and they allowed Josh to call a time out. That was more than a second after it read zero as well.

I’m going to keep banging this drum. Calls go both ways. The Bills benefitted from a blown delay of game call earlier in the game just as much as another hurt them later.

The team didn’t play good enough to win. That’s why they lost.

Edited by eanyills
  • Like (+1) 1