Daboll Brutal Down the Stretch

4 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Calling Allen the hero of the first half is crazy.

7 of our points came on a drive dominated by trick plays called by the Offensive Coordinator you're ragging on. 

Otherwise we did very little offensively. 

With Allen it's always someone else's fault. When he plays poorly, someone else always seems to get the blame for Allen's struggles as a passer against competent competition. 

The Texans pass D is horrible and Allen couldn't perform. Our QB posted another rating below 70 against a team that's allowed an average rating of 97.6 this season (25th in the NFL). 

Dominated with trick plays?  You mean the ONE trick play they ran in the redzone?  Allen did a lot actually.  Other people around him performed lackluster.  I could start with the Brown non catch on the 3 yard line when the ball was money.  How he didn't get his feet down is comical.  I could add the Duke non TD catch that Allen again put on the money where it needed to be after a comical play series by McDumboll.  I could still continue on with the run Josh would have had if two players could make one block. I could also add the numerous huge runs Josh had. I could continue with the odd play design that puts Dimarco out 5 wide and has him run a deep route.  I could still continue with taking the best players off the field in the redzone for their "heavy" package with Gore, Dimarco, and Lee... by yet again taking the best players off the field against the worst red zone offense in the league.  I could also add while Singletary was ripping them up both in the ground game and pass game is was better for them to put Gore on the field or not let them run again at all.  Josh did a ton this game and from the players all the way up to McDumboll didn't help him

I could also add playing soft on D on 3rd and 18 giving up 19 yards to a dump off pass and a defense that for the last 3 weeks couldn't make a tackle to save their lives.

That Allen fumble.... Watson fumbled too no?  Hopkins fumbled too no?  Brees fumbled today too no?

Sure Allen made some mistakes but he also balled out and not many around him wanted to help.

You keep on being you thinking Josh sucks though.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Yep- Sean also has to take a hard look this offseason at the offense as a whole and what he wants it to look like. For 3 years now we have been at the bottom.

Exactly,  until we go hard at building a top 10 offense,  this team will wallow around 9 wins every year. It was our offense that got us to 4 straight SB's. Not our defense.  

21 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Dabs called an awful second half and in OT played like we were pressed for time! Please Cleveland you can have him as your next HC. Allen was, at times, doing things that were completely stupid. On to the off-season.

Did Daboll call a bad game?  Or did Allen play below average?  Or was it both?  It’s hard to say

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

ENh3C9hXYAIvi7g.jpg:large

@ScottLaw- Circled in red are Knox and Ford, unsurprisingly two rookies who both miss Cunningham. Morse is NOT responsible for picking up the LB. Plain as day.

ENh-IU7XkAE6RGL.jpg

I couldn't believe this

it looked like Allen was on his way to a huge gain and the blockers totally let that dude run right passed them. disgusting execution. we could have had a 1st down near the 30 yardline 

5 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Ok how about Josh’s fumble or the backward lateral or the pass to the FB?  Like I said, it’s a combination of many things 

don't disagree - just saying that Daboll and what he brings on for personnel plays a big role as well

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

It wasn’t the play call.  He ran out when Josh started scrambling

Wrong. Dimarco was lined up wide and his route was the go. The other guy deep running a post is none other than Lee Smith. So consider the playcall and design.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

It's horrendous

It’s simply not winning coaching. And it’s not the only example of some VERY questionable decisions from the staff during the game. The more I watch the more I blame coaching for the loss. They were uncharacteristically awful.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Calling Allen the hero of the first half is crazy.

7 of our points came on a drive dominated by trick plays called by the Offensive Coordinator you're ragging on. 

Otherwise we did very little offensively. 

With Allen it's always someone else's fault. When he plays poorly, someone else always seems to get the blame for Allen's struggles as a passer against competent competition. 

The Texans pass D is horrible and Allen couldn't perform. Our QB posted another rating below 70 against a team that's allowed an average rating of 97.6 this season (25th in the NFL). 

You're not serious are you? We had 4 drives in the first half. In order 75 yards, 9 yards, 69 yards and 74 yards for a total of 227 yards and 3 scoring drives. I quit reading after that astute observation.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Ok how about Josh’s fumble or the backward lateral or the pass to the FB?  Like I said, it’s a combination of many things 

Josh fumbled.  Qbs fumble.  Watson fumbled too.  Hopkins fumbled too.  Brees fumbled today too.  Wentz fumbled today.  Tannehill fumbled twice

Lateral was a mental mistake but he was trying to make a play.  Mahomes has done that and people call him genius.

The pass to the FB.... Why do we have a play design where are FB is even running that route?

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

It’s simply not winning coaching. And it’s not the only example of some VERY questionable decisions from the staff during the game. The more I watch the more I blame coaching for the loss. They were uncharacteristically awful.

I put a lot on them, the players simply didn't execute well either. Whether it is the 3 blockers on the run above, poor tackling on defense, poor pass blocking on the OL, some bad passes from Josh as well. Everyone had a hand in it. The personnel choices, the play concepts, gore being active, calling pass plays instead of runs, all on coaching

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Fumbles happen especially when a QB is scrambling. The lateral was a play that as McClappy says, he would like to have back. The pass to the FB should've been caught, he jumped way too early. Next.

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You’re arguing with a brick wall, he made his mind up on draft night and won’t let it go. Better left ignored he doesn’t bring a shred of intelligence to the conversation...

Ahh, thanks. Didn't realize I was dealing with one of them.