Daboll Brutal Down the Stretch

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

Singletary didn’t get a single touch in OT. He was the best player on offense. 

I wanted to choke Daboll in OT for this!!!

28 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Daboll asking Josh Allen to throw 46 times was utterly moronic!

Singletary only 13 rushes for 58 yards a 4.8 yard per carry average was utterly moronic.

Meanwhile giving Frank Gore 8 rushes for 22 yards a 2.8 yard per carry average. Why is he even in the game?

Needless to say Josh Allen led the team in rushing with 9 rushes for 92 yards a receiving TD. 

All you fans out there bitching about Allen, take him out of the game and you have no offense at all. 

This!!! And may I add not playing Yeldon and shelving Duke almost all year. 

I like what BB and SM have built here. But they make some very odd personnel decisions. They make smart moves, then do stuff that makes no sense. There is nothing Gore does that Yeldon can't do. Yeldon is twice the receiving threat Gore is.  I liked what they were doing with 2 RB sets, but Yeldon would have added another element. He's more explosive, bigger and faster. I was saying all week, if DS gets 20+ carries, we win. He's the most dynamic player out there. It's sickening he didn't get a single handoff in OT. It was a criminal of daboll. It was right there in front of you. Super frustrating game.  Along with the other miscues and certain calls that didn't go our way, this game shouldn't have been close really. 

Edited by NC Book

51 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Daboll asking Josh Allen to throw 46 times was utterly moronic!

Singletary only 13 rushes for 58 yards a 4.8 yard per carry average was utterly moronic.

Meanwhile giving Frank Gore 8 rushes for 22 yards a 2.8 yard per carry average. Why is he even in the game?

Needless to say Josh Allen led the team in rushing with 9 rushes for 92 yards a receiving TD. 

All you fans out there bitching about Allen, take him out of the game and you have no offense at all. 

The Texans are 29th in the NFL in pass yardage allowed, and 25th in QB Rating allowed.

The decision to throw a lot wasn't incorrect.

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

how you think we can evaluate play calling while josh was COMPLETELY out of control for a large bit of that is beyond me. 

with dabs in the box I’m curious who Allen’s “guy” is on the sidelines to manage his emotions 

The opposite is true, fans always put too much on a QB. I can find you plenty of play callers that elevate less talented QBs but you won’t find QBs who do the opposite, almost ever

37 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The Texans are 29th in the NFL in pass yardage allowed, and 25th in QB Rating allowed.

The decision to throw a lot wasn't incorrect.

The Texans were 25th in rushing yards allowed too.

If you go back and look over what has won games on offense for the Bills the latter half of this season. Its when they have a balanced offensive attack or run more often and pass less. 

That Steelers game, Buffalo 38 rushes, 25 passes =win!

That Cowboys game, Buffalo 34 rushes, 25 passes = win!

That Denver game, Buffalo 47 rushes, 25 passes = win! 

That Redskins game, Buffalo 39 rushes, 20 passes =win!

Conversely, 

That Cleveland Game, Buffalo 20 rushes, 41 passes = loss

That Baltimore game, Buffalo 23 rushes, 49 passes=loss

That New England game, Buffalo 23 rushes, 26 passes=loss

That Texans game, Buffalo 30 rushes, 48 passes=loss Josh Allen had 9 carries for 92 yards a 10.2 YPC avg and 1 receiving TD. 

Notice the trend here when Buffalo runs the ball more then they throw it, they win! When they pass more it puts more pressure on that young QB to carry the game and they lose.

Either this Bills OC doesn't know how to make the run game work so he forces the young, inexperienced QB carry the offense. Or he is attempting to show the world how great an offensive mind he is by forcing the pass game work no matter what. The offensive pass protections break down and the OC has no answer. the receivers have difficulty getting open and the Bills OC has no answer. Lot of Bills fans want to pile on the QB and yet he simply doesn't have enough playing experience to throw 48 times in a playoff game.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

Daboll is not the right OC for this QB. He’s terrible at feel for game flow. It’s seems apparent though that our head coach had dictated this philosophy.

Dinosaur football, get a lead, play conservatively, allowing the defense to seal the deal.

Speaking of defense, we were killed by those 2 point conversions. The shoddy tackling continued today.

Houston didn’t deserve to win this game.

Better days ahead if we can get this coaching staff out of the 1970s.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

***** Josh Allen. Guy looked like a Wyoming QB way over his head for half of the game. He needed his dad to tell him to chill the ***** out.

Yeah. As good as he looked in the first half, he choked big time after that.  He’s young and learning.  Hopefully he steps it up in crunch time.  I’ve been a critic of his and he effed this one up, but even with that said I’m not totally down on him.  It’s easy to forget how raw he was coming here. He’s done some great things and that makes you forget.  Here’s hoping he grows from this.  He deserves to be our QB next season so let’s finish building the team and see what he becomes in 2020. 

5 hours ago, Mshaw said:

he had 1 maybe 2 good drives during the whole game

can't believe fans want this guy back next year. Allens career will go down the drain with Daboll 

Wasn’t our  average starting point at our 12 yard line the first half and we scored on 4 drives?  

2 hours ago, dlonce said:

Daboll is not the right OC for this QB. He’s terrible at feel for game flow. It’s seems apparent though that our head coach had dictated this philosophy.

Dinosaur football, get a lead, play conservatively, allowing the defense to seal the deal.

Speaking of defense, we were killed by those 2 point conversions. The shoddy tackling continued today.

Houston didn’t deserve to win this game.

Better days ahead if we can get this coaching staff out of the 1970s.

Haven't you noticed that McDermott (like almost all HCs in the NFL) is a "My way or the highway" kind of guy?

He thinks he has it all figured out and he has built a complex way of doing things around that belief. 

Why in the world would he change from who he has been to something new and innovative in a single off-season?

He wants to win every game 17-13.  That is a really hard way to win football games.

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

He wants to win every game 17-13.  That is a really hard way to win football games.

If this is true, then he has to go. In today's modern game a team needs to be able to score 24 points.

I can think of one team in the past 20 years in the 'modern' era that won the Super Bowl scoring 17 points a game (Baltimore). I don't know any other field in life where a person looks at the past 20 years and chooses to go the 1 in 20 route to be successful.

?

13 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Truly terrible from 3rd quarter onward. Appalling. 

Houston was tackling so poorly against the run and Daboll totally steered away from it. This offense needs an upgrade at OC and a few more weapons. It just isn’t a finished product.

First off it is true that Allen is young but he has almost 30 starts and two seasons of NFL experience.  The mistakes he's making aren't even rookie mistakes.  They are just bad football plays.  He has undeniable talent and has had us in position to win every single game this year including this one.  Daboll is much the same.  I'm not sure how many awful plays he called because frankly the execution of some of the plays is so bad I can't blame Daboll for the outcome but being the coach I'll still give him some of the blame.  Regardless just like Allen, and his flaws, Daboll called enough good plays to win this game.  Points were left on the field and turnovers helped the other team and only a sliver of that is on Daboll.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Please Cleveland hire this guy. 

I would love them too, however, they have whiffed so many times on coaches will they take the risk on this guy? My guess is McDaniels is their next HC. Problem is, Baker isn’t Brady so it will be fun to see how he fairs the second time around as a HC.

You can be pissed off at Daboll all you want, however, at the end of the day, it's all on our HC.......he obviously has zero idea of how an offense works. Give him credit for building our D, but he had plenty of chances to step in over the course of the season when Daboll was failing and right the ship.......he didn't.

At the end of the day, Daboll is an OC, not the HC........the HC shoulders the load........right or wrong, it's HIS team and HIS responsibility to keep things rolling smooth or iron out the wrinkles.