Daboll Brutal Down the Stretch

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

I wasn’t getting paid millions of dollars to win football games.

Josh looked like a 16 year old out there. The stage was so big it enveloped him.

I have put heat on Allen all season.  But in this case, if Daboll/McD had managed the game better, the stage would not have seemed so big.  

Daboll at times like the first quarter calls the game the way that meshes best with Allen's play style ...I don't know why we continually go away from that and go back to empty sets where Allen has to scan the field it's not a strength at this stage of his career ..I've said this before I just think he's the wrong oc for Allen if u want to get the most out of him you need to design an offence for him the way the Ravens have with Jackson ..trying to turn him into a disciplined pocket passer who makes the correct reads against exotic blitzes is when he does things like pirouettes into massive sacks and etc . 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

how you think we can evaluate play calling while josh was COMPLETELY out of control for a large bit of that is beyond me. 

with dabs in the box I’m curious who Allen’s “guy” is on the sidelines to manage his emotions 

It wasn’t hard to evaluate imo. When your QB is struggling and you don’t run? He was epically bad 

Just now, Buffbills716 said:

I have put heat on Allen all season.  But in this case, if Daboll/McD had managed the game better, the stage would not have seemed so big.  

They got the kid a 16 point lead. He managed to phantom fumble untouched, throw two near pick sixes, and then melt down. An intentional grounding and then a 20 yard sack?

He’s not a winner.

9 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

Gotta protect the anointed one... deflect deflect deflect. Daboll will be the whipping boy. 

I get that Allen was doing things that were just outrageous out there but do you really think Daboll called a goiod game in the 2nd half? That QB run that lost yards to begin the OT drive was something I just couldn't believe or want to. I thought he had a brilliant 1st half, it was like he could do no wrong but he had one of the worst 2nd half play calling that I've seen in quite some time imo.

23 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Dabs called an awful second half and in OT played like we were pressed for time! Please Cleveland you can have him as your next HC. Allen was, at times, doing things that were completely stupid. On to the off-season.

Completely stupid?

Allen is a train wreck.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Allen folded and did things that I cant fathom

he is what he is. do amazing things and headscratchers.

i really think he gets into a mode where he truley believes he and he alone must make plays or we lose. they have to get that out of him. believe it or not giving it to your dump isnt a bad thing. watson won the game with one. a guy breaks a tackle and thats a first down. if not you live another day.

but overall he HAS to get situational awareness. waay to often this season he doesnt seem to know when and where he cannot under any circumstance take a sack. but that leads to the original point where he feels like the game is completely on his shoulders

• Like (+1) 1

Daboll threw Allen under the bus in OT.  Empty set all passing all slow developing deep routes . Nobody blocking, it looked like the Texans in the first half.  QB sweep was a great calll but three Bills OL blocked nobody  Morse sucks totally whiffed on the end.  In the first half when they were moving the ball we run Gore to stifle momentum and waste a down. 

Dont even get me started on our "elite" defense How do you allow a 3rd and 18 conversion on a checkdown?  That is bush league as was Milano's tackle attempt on that last checkdown that was the dagger

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Replace Dabol with Allen, and yes, you're right.

He was making some of the most boneheaded plays he's made all years, failed to capitalize on countless opportunities, couldn't hit easy passes, and totally shrunk in the big moment. Had absolutely nothing to do with Dabol, but I knew going into this game that if Allen played like he usually does Dabol would get the blame, he always does when Josh plays bad.

He hit Duke with a perfect TD pass, dropped.  He hit John Brown at the 3, but he hopped like a leprechaun rather than dragging his feet.  Game shouldn't have been close.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1