Duke suiting up today vs Texans

johndhall1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is a career number for Smith, right? No way he has had 71 targets this year!

You caught me, I am terrible at lying but since a whopper has been repeated I figured I'd add one.

5 throws, 4 catches.  80% completion rate and 20% TD rate.

He has been playing 9 years, 4 for Oakland and 4 for Buffalo with 8 TDs.   Hoping for a 9th this game making it once per year.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I do worry. Our Special Teams are a constant worry to me.

That’s only because it is totally unpredictable as to what can happen on punts and kickoffs...  not that I do but smoke refer it may relax you....?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yeah I meant he'll be wide along with Brown and Beasley will be in the slot.

Duke made his case against the Jets.  But it's not a hard decision to make.  Sitting Gore or Lee Smith is a much harder call to make and I don't see him doing it.

Sit Lee, Play Gore, Play Yeldon, Sit Sweeney- Duke fills that roll almost

Edited by billsfan_34

This probably has more to do with Foster's poor play last week, others that McD feels can man the gunner role on ST, and Roberts having an "iffy" foot injury. For a few years in the system Foster still has a lot of work to do on his route running, but not gonna pile on and hope the kid can keep working and getting better. He should be doing everything he can to learn from Brown who has similar speed and build, but has great route polish, creates separation, and awareness of when he needs to make himself a target because Josh is scrambling.

Got to play the guys who can play and contribute. Duke does not have that break away speed, but his routes are crisper, he can high-point the ball, and he will fight for them and yards. He can secure a more consistent role if brings his blocking and helps Josh feel confident throwing 50/50 balls his way.

Keep in mind Duke is also essentially playing a home game today for the first time since Highschool. He is from  Reserve, Louisiana which is 300 miles from Houston. Im sure his whole family and friends will be there. Redemption game of all time!!!!! Lets Go!!

• Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

Keep in mind Duke is also essentially playing a home game today for the first time since Highschool. He is from  Reserve, Louisiana which is 300 miles from Houston. Im sure his whole family and friends will be there. Redemption game of all time!!!!! Lets Go!!

Did not know that.  Thanks

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Now what are the haters gonna say with their favorite slam not valid anymore of “Well coaches don’t think much of him either or he would be active.”

20 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Our starting gunner is inactive. It definitely wouldn't be trolling to express concern. I'm sure it's something the coaching staff took into account when determining whether or not to activate Williams.

Oh come on, there are several guys who can and will play gunner.  You guys act like Foster was the best gunner in history of NFL and not replaceable lol.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Now what are the haters gonna say with their favorite slam not valid anymore of “Well coaches don’t think much of him either or he would be active.”

Oh come on, there are several guys who can and will play gunner.  You guys act like Foster was the best gunner in history of NFL and not replaceable lol.

It’s as simple as Duke outplayed/out-practiced Foster and they think WR is more important than gunner. They didn’t want Foster in the offensive game plan because they don’t trust him. This is win or go home. They have other guys who can play on PR/KR coverage.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s as simple as Duke outplayed/out-practiced Foster and they think WR is more important than gunner. They didn’t want Foster in the offensive game plan because they don’t trust him. This is win or go home. They have other guys who can play on PR/KR coverage.

Exactly

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Our two backup gunners are corners where we are already down a starter. I am worried about special teams. There was a way of getting Duke up without sitting Foster IMO. 

40 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Our starting gunner is inactive. It definitely wouldn't be trolling to express concern. I'm sure it's something the coaching staff took into account when determining whether or not to activate Williams.

Truth, and credit to Foster for doing what he could to contribute on ST.

I think we will see Siran Neal take that gunner role as he has done that well before, but he plays with a kind of reckless abandon and has had a few shoulder injuries so we just need him to hold up. 

Borq is not contending with New Era winds so should be getting coached to punt and put more air under his punts tomorrow. Part of being a good NFL punter is understanding the conditions at different fields. Hoping we get the solid field-tilting Borq, not the shank it 20 yards Borq. We force the Texans to march the length of the field I think we get some turnovers.

Getting stoked for *TODAY! Correction and panic after a ridiculously busy week. 

Edited by WideNine