Conservative play calling will get you beat

5 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

This game leaves a real bad taste regarding this staff

McD does need to reevaluate his defensive strategy and play calling on offense.  That should be part of "The Process," right?

• Like (+1) 4

Allen is not going to make the cut, he will play just good enough to make the playoffs but wil be one and done. So many missed wide open WR's, very disappointed in Allens play and I'm not sure it will get much better than what it is.

This was the 30th ranked pass defense, I can't even think straight. I know neither of these teams were going to win next week but you need to beat this Texans team. Still a long way off.

6 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

It is so clear Allen plays best with aggressive play calling. Just look at the first half. McDermott needs to get a play called with some balls.

And he needs to remove himself from input on the offensive playcalling

I suspect he told daboll to drain the clock and take minimal chances in the second half 

Too bad Anthony Lynn or Greg Roman isn’t here, that’s exactly the kind of offense Allen needs. Power run, elaborate run blocking schemes. Use Allen as a runner, don’t treat him like he’s fragile glass. Designed QB runs and RPO to Singletary and hopefully add another good RB to the mix. We need a RT, Ford goes into LG, draft competition behind them. A true #1 WR is still a massive need. Offense needs a TON of work.

7 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

These are the playoffs and loser goes home,  if Sean and his cordinators play not to lose then they will lose.  I hope to see Frazier being aggressive by calling for corner bltizs on defense and Daboll throwing the ball on early downs,  we cannot play conservative if we expect to win.  

wow how spot on this is

7 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Allen is not going to make the cut, he will play just good enough to make the playoffs but wil be one and done. So many missed wide open WR's, very disappointed in Allens play and I'm not sure it will get much better than what it is.

This was the 30th ranked pass defense, I can't even think straight. I know neither of these teams were going to win next week but you need to beat this Texans team. Still a long way off.

you're clueless

9 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Nothing conservative about playing calling in OT. 

They should never have put the ball in his hands.   He struggled the whole second half and reverted to playing stupid football. 

Allen is a train wreck.

This is his ceiling.  Right here.

He is not going to win games against good teams--with good quarterbacks--with his quiver of arrows.

There's just not enough in there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pop gun said:

wow how spot on this is

you're clueless

The Texans defense is crap, where is Allen going to improve to where he develops into a franchise QB. I'm not seeing improvement but I'm getting ready of possibly 5 years of this. Looking into the future we will be purging Allens 80 mil contract and White 90 mil contract and the rebuild will begin again.

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Texans defense is crap, where is Allen going to improve to where he develops into a franchise QB. I'm not seeing improvement but I'm getting ready of possibly 5 years of this. Looking into the future we will be purging Allens 80 mil contract and White 90 mil contract and the rebuild will begin again.

sucks for you then, allen is the franchise deal with it or go root for another team

7 hours ago, klos63 said:

Playing not to lose it such a tired, overused cliche.  We made it to the playoffs with a somewhat conservative attack. We can't do things that we don't have the skill set to achieve.

How about they went in to an offensive shell after they scored the touchdown.  Late in 2nd half, Allen had thrown the ball about 6 times.  It was just too predictable.  I'm not sure who it's on though.  Is McD telling Daboll to do it or is it on Daboll?  

sucks for you then, allen is the franchise deal with it or go root for another team

I don't have to deal with anything, Allen was a bag of cats for 3 qts of football vs a crap Texans D. I didn't see poise or a leader, I saw a QB that just wanted to redline the engine and blow it to get out of this game. He looked like he was playing with a concussion for 3 Qtr s.

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don't have to deal with anything, Allen was a bag of cats for 3 qts of football vs a crap Texans D. I didn't see poise or a leader, I saw a QB that just wanted to redline the engine and blow it to get out of this game. He looked like he was playing with a concussion for 3 Qtr s.

you're clueless then

4 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Pop gun, you're soft and shouldn't be a Bills fan if you can't take the criticism about Josh Allen.

I also agree: Josh Allen is NOT a franchise QB and never will be. He played against a bad defense and was inaccurate as hell. It should have been easy pickings for your so called "Franchise" QB. He fumbled the ball twice. Twice. That's inexcusable in the playoffs. He sucked. Against a better defense, Josh Allen would have thrown INTs.

Also, Daboll sucks.

You guys really believed we were going to beat the Texans at their house? LOL LMAO. Wow. You played yourself.

7 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

These are the playoffs and loser goes home,  if Sean and his cordinators play not to lose then they will lose.  I hope to see Frazier being aggressive by calling for corner bltizs on defense and Daboll throwing the ball on early downs,  we cannot play conservative if we expect to win.  

Defense got shredded when it brought safeties to blitz

Just now, Buffalo Ballin said:

Pop gun, you're soft and shouldn't be a Bills fan if you can't take the criticism about Josh Allen.

I also agree: Josh Allen is NOT a franchise QB and never will be. He played against a bad defense and was inaccurate as hell. It should have been easy pickings for your so called "Franchise" QB. He fumbled the ball twice. Twice. That's inexcusable in the playoffs. He sucked. Against a better defense, Josh Allen would have thrown INTs.

Also, Daboll sucks.

You guys really believed we were going to beat the Texans at their house? LOL LMAO. Wow. You played yourself.

Soft lol, you're funny, if you only knew!

To blame allen screams you know nothing!